Tottenham v Bournmouth (30.11.19) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It wasn't the defence that started the rot - it was Ndombele.
I thought we held on quite well at 3-1 and I don't know where 6 mins ET came from. The 6 mins was up before they scored goal 2 so why was there extra extra time played?
You realise extra time is a minimum of whatever the board says right?

Wtf that's nuts

vnscl9aawu141.jpg

Maybe but he was a good player before the injury issues, maybe we could show a bit of loyalty and give him a chance to try and get back to his best?

He’ll still get matches to prove himself and I hope he can lift his play, but if we have the opportunity to upgrade the position in January or next summer, I hope we do what’s best for the club.

I'm convinced that we need two FB's. And a DM. If we can get Levy to open his wallet and buy them, I can see us winning the league next season. It'll take investment and hard work but that's what the game's about. Very happy with 3 points.
I would like big defensive signings too.

I'd love toby and jan today as I loved having the three centre halves on the pitch and I guess that will dictate our transfer policy.

Aurier has been great so if he continues like this maybe we dont need a right back.

Defensive midfield is my worry. Dier is really struggling. I'd love a big nasty bastard in there , ala wanyama in his prime.

Mourinho will drill the players to cut out a lot of these issue. Still plainly obvious we need a dynamic DM to partner Ndombele or Winks or whoever is playing the number 8 role. Either that or Dier/Wanyama need to be fixed.

Attack wise I am enjoying it.
We don't have a dynamic DM and won't be buying one any time soon.

We wasted masses of chances but that’s my point.
Goal disallowed, penalty waved away and loads of chances missed by Son and Dele
Realistically should have had 5, but if everything went in we’d have had 8

Their best chances were 30 yarders, a free kick and a 95th minute gift.

3-2 didn’t reflect the game, same as last week

You're right , same as last week 3-2 is no reflection.

We really must put teams to the sword when winning and not fuck about trying to score the perfect goal or play the worldy pass.

We could have won this 5-0, instead we nearly drew it 3-3, we need to sort our defending out but more importantly, our mentality, it's been in a rot for way too long before Mourinho got here, should have never left it so long to change manager.

Anyway, a win is a win, happy with that COYS.

That's down to levy not allowing poch to refresh the squad.

I'm convinced that we need two FB's. And a DM. If we can get Levy to open his wallet and buy them, I can see us winning the league next season. It'll take investment and hard work but that's what the game's about. Very happy with 3 points.
Nope, sadly we need a lot more than that. A new GK, CH, RB, LB, DM and supporting striker is the bare minimum

Our defenders were not that bad individually, midfield is the key area. Dier and Ndombele need to improve physically but in time they will, Sissoko will always have a limited brain, for now we have to keep scoring goals and winning games.

We’ve scored 10 goals in 3 games and really should have scored more, against West Ham and Bournemouth we had chances for the 4-0. We are clearly moving in the right direction, the tweaks Mou has made have already improved our attack massively. Now we have much more variation in play and don’t just pass it sideways all game. This is without Lamela, Lo Celso or Eriksen even being involved. 6 points behind Chelsea and we are alive, that‘s what matters.

Back
Top Bottom