Tottenham v Bournmouth (30.11.19) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No keeper would have saved the free kick, but the aura of a keeper is a big thing in football. Schmichael had it, De Gea has it, Neuer has it, that notion that it takes something that bit more special to beat them. In that view, Nubel looks like he has it, and he is free come January.

After that, pacy full backs that can keep going for 90 minutes are needed and a mobile centre half to partner Davinson. That game today was like Crystal Palace, no pressure on Toby and he looks great, a wee touch of pressure and he looks like a traffic cone in a dance off with Louis Spence.

I still think Barrios is the wee fucker we need for DM, gritty hard working and has one job to stop the opposition playing. If he can man mark Messi, he gets my attention.
Good points all but who is Louis Spence? A DM?

A bit pessimistic. Gazza is a good keeper. I don't think many goalkeepers would have stopped that FK. Aurier is improving quickly and defending well. Davies is still a good FB. Tendency towards injuries I know but he has a few good seasons left. As for a striker, dele back, son, Lucas and Lamela, I don't think that's a priority at all. I recant my previous post as I said 2 FB's and thinking about it, I was wrong. The defence is a mess but that's a leftover from Poch. I think Jose will be sorting it out very quickly. The players are mostly there, except for a really tough DM or CB . It's just going to take a little time to change the thinking and approach. But we're getting there and I have high hopes.

Gazza is a championship GK at best. DDG and others would have saved the FK, easily. If you take a look at the goal again, you will see he fails to take the correct position and when he finally dives he pulls his hands rather than full extension. Same mistake with the 1st goal with Olympiakos - he dives and instead of extending both his hands, he pulls them back. Check both videos.

Gazza is a championship GK at best. DDG and others would have saved the FK, easily. If you take a look at the goal again, you will see he fails to take the correct position and when he finally dives he pulls his hands rather than full extension. Same mistake with the 1st goal with Olympiakos - he dives and instead of extending both his hands, he pulls them back. Check both videos.
I will. Thanks for the info.

I really enjoy winning again and love to see Dele firing on all cylinders. But it really doesn't feel safe yet. Av fan of a Mourinho team, leading 3-0 has never had to be nervous before. Well it's only two weeks in yet. But it has to be sorted.

Shhhhh... The fan boys will make Harry pay for that comment.

We all know he is a really good player but you are right .It wasn’t Son’s best game at all. I may be wrong but over the last few months I have felt that he has lost half a yard of pace. I don’t think he would have got caught when put through today 12 months ago

We seem to tire at the end of games and have conceded late goals all season. Easy to imagine that preseason was poor this year and so we never got up to required fitness levels.

Back
Top Bottom