Tottenham v Bournmouth (30.11.19) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can't believe I forgot to mention Moussa's goal.......... not only was it a class finish, the celebration with the rest of the team was special. So glad that the supporters sang his name so loudly, thoroughly deserved that ovation.

Toby and Verts seem very...close.
Love seeing these guys together.
Thought we were solid today..until the 2 goals we conceded.. :unsure:
Remember the Crystal Palace game when everyone thought these two were "World Class" and back to their best? Wasn't long to the Bayern and Brighton games. With Leicester and Olympiakos sandwiched in between.

First choice CH pairing ONLY as a last resort.

I'm big fans of both Toby and Jan, but sadly I think time has caught up with them. They're just not as quick and agile as they were and no amount of effort can counteract that.

Did anyone notice that after the goal gets scored they switch to a close up of Aurier instead.....he looks nothing like Sissoko except for the blackness.
Maybe they didn't have a camera on Moussa - anyway Serge soon caught up with him and jumped on his back. Are you being a tad picky?

So from what i'm reading, Dav's goal was correctly ruled out by Liverpool's VAR? but we should have had a pen? for handball and maybe when Son was bought down??

Some have said their free-kick which lead to their first was soft?

So from what i'm reading, Dav's goal was correctly ruled out by Liverpool's VAR? but we should have had a pen? for handball and maybe when Son was bought down??

Some have said their free-kick which lead to their first was soft?
My niece tells me that accidental handball is illegal when a goal is scored, but not where its a defender. Don't know if that's true or not.

As for the free kick, yeah it was a clear foul, Ndombo bundles the attacker off the ball just as he passes it

My niece tells me that acidental handball is illegal when a goal is scored, but not where its a defender. Don't know if that's true or not.

As for the free kick, yeah it was a clear fould, Ndombo bundles the attacker off the ball just as he passes it
Your niece is right. What a silly complication of the rules, though. Can we please go back to 'deliberate handball' and the ref decides if it was deliberate or not? And then we shout abuse at the ref? aaaah nostalgia.

My niece tells me that accidental handball is illegal when a goal is scored, but not where its a defender. Don't know if that's true or not.

As for the free kick, yeah it was a clear foul, Ndombo bundles the attacker off the ball just as he passes it
Your niece is right. Any handball in the build up to a goal gets it chalked off. (Cos that helped knock city and their oil money out). And any handball by a defender has to now be judged deliberate.(cos that's what knocked PSG and their oil money out)

Highlight of the day must be meeting Mr and Mrs WookieD WookieD in the Dispensary before the game. What a lovely couple.
Nice, open game but we really should have put it to bed well before they scored.
Dele is getting back to his best, who would have known that playing him just behind H would pay dividends!
Serge was mainly good but still has the odd cock up that could prove costly.
Loved seeing Super Jan back, and he looked comfortable in the LB position, definitely an improvement on Rose (think I've got my left and right sides correct!).
Obviously things are going to take a while to settle and sort out, but as long as we keep chalking up the points, I'm not too fussed how we get them at this stage.

Is WookieD WookieD as hairy as they claim?

As for the bolded, keep that filth out of here please Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman

I'm big fans of both Toby and Jan, but sadly I think time has caught up with them. They're just not as quick and agile as they were and no amount of effort can counteract that.

But let’s look at it as positively as possible... Clearly they can still pass like kings, Alderweireld in particular must have 40/20 vision. In the system we are now playing we are getting the absolute best we can from these experienced players and giving Sanchez the “chase and tackle or otherwise deal with it” role.

We clearly have to work on playing out from the back, but it wasn’t working under Pochettino and the definition of insanity is repeating the exact same thing and expecting different results... So should we even bother for now?

Back home. Strange game. Went from a feel good festival to panic and almost despair. But the results are all that matter right now and there are also some clearly visible improvements starting to come through.

Our set-up was quite solid but we always looked risky at the back. We have individually talented players but there is still work to do to get the overall defensive unit in order and for a full 90 minutes. Part of that will hopefully come with time with JM; part will come from confidence. Our defensive group needs time rather than recruits for me.

The Sissoko goal was a proper feel-good “I was there...” moment. He also had a great game, especially as he has not played a lot in recent matches. Dele showed class, composure, cockiness and complacency at times - but he is looking happier and re-energised.

Overall, a decent week. Wednesday is intriguing. I’d love JM to have more time to figure this game out - although part of me is hoping that he’s been planning this one since he started.

Final note, atmosphere was excellent today - and I was in the 1882 section. Proper fans all around me. COYS.

Atmosphere has been brilliant since Mourinho came in, feels like WHL again, think the entire club has been re-energized with his appointment, me and Oracle Oracle spoke about this the other day.

If it's handball it's flipping handball.
It defies logic to say an accidental handball is only a foul if a goal is scored.

Totally fucking ridiculous to have it any other way.

So what happens if a defender handles in his own penalty area and no penalty is given , and the defender then boots the ball upfield to get an assist for a goal ?

Fucking illogical madness will always be outed as fucking illogical madness if we give it long enough.

Back
Top Bottom