Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Didn't see him in any of the photo's of Jose's first training session. Any word?

Usual Lamela season unfortunately.
Plays 10 games and now on his annual few-month-injury break. I mean some things just don't change.

In the team news it was just said that Coco is "continuing rehabilitiation from hamstring injury"
This will already be his 5th missed match with this injury. How frustrating.

Could you imagine Lamela in a Mourinho team?
He would combine all of the things that Drogba, Costa, Ramos, Robben etc used to hurt teams. Diving, cheating, fouling, time wasting, play acting etc.
Then again, he already does most of it and Mourinho will probably move him on as he can't rely on him.

Lamela won't survive Mourinho's stay if he continues to pick up injuries.

Work ethic fine, brain daft but if he cannot play Mourinho will try and ditch.

There will be no favoured essence of a compatriot here.

Last edited:
Not even funny.

Another "out-of-nowhere" injury, and ManU game will already be his 8th to miss in a row. And we all know there will be more.

Or to put it differently - this season he has been in starting XI 8 times. And he has been out injured for 8 times. So damn unreliable player.

Not even funny.

Another "out-of-nowhere" injury, and ManU game will already be his 8th to miss in a row. And we all know there will be more.

Or to put it differently - this season he has been in starting XI 8 times. And he has been out injured for 8 times. So damn unreliable player.
It's a shame because he is a bit quality. As a reminder, this all started as a "minor" thing...

Usual Lamela season unfortunately.
Plays 10 games and now on his annual few-month-injury break. I mean some things just don't change.

In the team news it was just said that Coco is "continuing rehabilitiation from hamstring injury"
This will already be his 5th missed match with this injury. How frustrating.

...and that's the issue with Lamela. No doubt he plays a role and can contribute but the most consistent thing about him is that he's guaranteed to miss a few months each season.

Nothing against the guy but at this point he's just not a player you can rely on because of his chronic injury problems.

Maybe a bit harsh but would rather the wages and place in the squad go to somebody who can contribute more and on a regular basis.

According to this, he's missed 85 games for us between 13 and 16

Add another 3 years of mysterious injuries to that list.

He's stealing a squad space as far as I'm concerned.

According to this, he's missed 85 games for us between 13 and 16

Add another 3 years of mysterious injuries to that list.

He's stealing a squad space as far as I'm concerned.

That list isn't complete. Didn't he get injured last season around March?
I actually don't think his injuries are as bad as people say, his injury history is actually skewed by that horrible long-term absence from 2016~2017 which I think he's done fantastically to get back from. Since then his injury history hasn't been that much worse than say Dele's or Kane's. It's possible he could be mostly injury free for the rest of the season, or so I'm hoping. I just want to credit him massively for playing well after such a long absence, his career is far from over whether it be with us or at some other club.

I think most fans like Lamela. He’s hard working, tenacious, and seems to genuinely care about the club and the games he plays in. BUT, unfortuently , we’ve been carrying him for a few years now. He’s extremely injury prone. All over the place with his tackling. While he may be somewhat of a good finisher for a midfielder, he doesn’t provide a lot in the general buildup. It’s the same with Moura. His goals and assists statistics are quite poor for an attacking midfielder.

If Mourinho is making changes in the summer, he’d be one of the first to go primarily because he’s so injury prone and we just can’t have that. He needs to be replaced with an impact sub which he is not. Great lad though and he would be missed.

Back
Top Bottom