Paulo Gazzaniga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Gazziniga good enough to replace Lloris as 1st choice keeper?

• yes

Votes: 62 42.8%
  • no

Votes: 83 57.2%

• Total voters
I’m a huge fan of Gazzaniga and I don’t think it’s outrageous to claim he’s capable of being our #1 keeper. We could make a good bit selling Lloris to address other holes.

Had to dig this gorgeous man’s thread out of page 4. Think that shows just how well he’s doing as our #2.

He’s got solid distribution, makes vital saves and has big beautiful blue eyes.

Does Hugo walk back in ?

Gazza and Hugo have both started 9 games this season now - with Gazza also coming off the bench once to concede 2 more away to Brighton.

Hugo: Played 9 / Conceded 17 (1.88 pg) / Clean Sheets 1
Gazza: Played 10 / Conceded 9 (0.9 pg) / Clean Sheets 3

I'm not sure Hugo should take his place back in goal purely on recovering from injury, and don't think Mourinho will fancy his mistakes either.

He can be a no1 for us. Lloris has proven unstable and now is a good time to have a change. The fact he is France first pick says more about their options than his quality imo.

There's no way is Gazzaniga our new number one.

He's done nothing special. He hasn't done a thing in a match that makes you think "wow, we wouldn't have got anything out of that game without him"

He showed his limitations today. He is a decent keeper, but decent doesn't cut it. It's quite obvious we need a new keeper.

we should have had a clean sheet. Should have saved Rashford’s first goal. The penalty was the wrong call. I am honestly not even sure Rashford was touched

we should have had a clean sheet. Should have saved Rashford’s first goal. The penalty was the wrong call. I am honestly not even sure Rashford was touched
What you mean should have had a clean sheet? We were fucking poor and we deservedly got beaten. There’s no excuse for this type of performance, even if we count individual mistakes.

He’s a good second keeper and that’s all he is. Not only did he chuck one in the net today but his kicking was terrible too.

That first goal destroyed our game plan, he simply has to save that. He made some TV saves later in the game but they don’t make up for conceding from their first shot.

One significant mistake and two superb saves.

The GKs may not be our top strength, but I think we should stick with him and Loris for at least another season and spend money in other areas, starting from a DM

One significant mistake and two superb saves.

The GKs may not be our top strength, but I think we should stick with him and Loris for at least another season and spend money in other areas, starting from a DM

If we can get that German lad for free though, the time is now.

Until then....
Gazz = Vorm < Lloris

Should have done better with the first goal - much better actually. But our defence was almost as non existent as our midfield last night and can hardly inspire confidence in the keeper. There was one instance in second half where he didn’t know whether to come or stay and I was sure it was number 3 incoming.

Should have done better with the first goal - much better actually. But our defence was almost as non existent as our midfield last night and can hardly inspire confidence in the keeper. There was one instance in second half where he didn’t know whether to come or stay and I was sure it was number 3 incoming.

Good shout.... I recall it vividly

that was a howler.... for a team chasing honours the No1 keeper can afford one of those every two (?) seasons

In fairness to Gaz it was "awkward" the way it bounced in front of him, but for a professional and international keeper, he should have done much better.

Would be a great backup for Nubel

That, IMO, is 2 errors in 2 or 3 games I think ? (happy to be corrected)

This one against Man U and the one where Danny fucked up, Winks dived in, Toby and Sanchez didn't close down the shot and Gazza should have done better.

Back
Top Bottom