Midfield whats the solution

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dele gota lot of stick then his more forward role was resurrected to the team. But tonight i felt the reason he was brought deeper was on display our midfield our deep midfield. IF dele is deployed offensively who should be the deep midfielder.

This role use to be Dembele. Whose our next Dembele.

At the moment with our limited options it has to be Dier with N'Dombele.

A CDM will no doubt be high on Joses shopping list if Dier can't get back to form.

Presuming Eriksen goes that leave Lo Celso as competition for Dele and Lucas in a more advanced role, which I think we're all happy with. Moving Dele out of his current role would be lunacy

433 for me with dele playing on the right of a front three just off kane.

That let's us have a 3 man midfield to make up for the fact we dont have a decent partnership.

Thing is, Dele playing centrally in the three behind Kane is the best thing we've got going right now.

Maybe Dele as a second striker in a sort of 3-5-1-1?

Gazzaniga
Dav Toby Jan
Aurier Lo Celso Ndombele Son (?) Sessegnon
Dele
Kane

That's what I meant above, you have to restructure everything if no one can do a job as a holding midfielder.

The other thing that structure would do is hide our lack of proper wingers.

The weird thing is I don't think Winks or Sissoko are bad players per'se. They just are not holding players and never will be, the two together in one player might be useful though! Winks is very much a metronome player and would suit a continental game, particularly Italy. Sissoko is an energy player and all bustle so has his uses as someone to break play up and close a game down. They just don't fit our current starting system.

Thing is, Dele playing centrally in the three behind Kane is the best thing we've got going right now.

Gazzaniga
Dav Toby Jan
Dele
Kane

That's what I meant above, you have to restructure everything if no one can do a job as a holding midfielder.

He was great coming off the right in a 343 for poch.

He would still be just behind kandi S I'd play him very narrow and give son license to roam wide.

You of course would need aurier to push forward and provide the width.

We need either a fit and firing proper DM or pretty radical tactical change. Neither seems forthcoming.

Regardless of a CM2 or CM3, unless we commit to a proper DM role we're fucked....

....Who?

Meh... Just commit to whoever is considered the lesser 'evil' (Dier, Winsk, Skipp, Foyth whoever) and let them play themsleves into their best form.

Otherwise, we're just left chasing our tails trying to find a blend that - testament to the last 12 months - simply doesn't currently exist in this squad.

Gazzaniga
Dav Toby Jan
Dele
Kane

....That's fucking scary!!!!

We're like warm butter through the center as it is!

Ndombele must start, no ifs or buts, he was great when he came on tonight and actually looked fit for once.

Winks, whilst he has the heart and drive is just bang average imo, not good enough .

Personally think it should be Dier and Ndombele right now, Dier as the holding DM and Ndombele as the roaming mid with licence to drive forward.

If Dier can't improve by the end of the season we need to purchase an outright DM imo.

Also, last week Toby was saying "it's not just about the defenders, the people in front need to play smarter" and yet Jan was blaming the defending, truth is, I think it's both.

I think the lack of protection in the middle is exposing our defenders more and making them more vulnerable to mistakes.

Personally don't think Winks will ever be good enough and frankly, Sissoko isn't a defensive mid and never will be, he's more of a box to box workhorse, a battering ram.

Back
Top Bottom