Midfield whats the solution

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We've not replaced big Vic and until we do we're gonna struggle. Best we've got right now is Dier and he's not the answer. Sissoko shouldn't be anywhere near the centre of midfield, it helped do for Poch and it helped do for us tonight. He doesn't want the ball off of the back 4! It's so counter intuitive it drives me mad, play him wide or not at all.

Tonight was utter dog shit, Jose gets time but that was an end of Spurs Poch performance tonight. Jose got it badly wrong, let's hope he learns from it.

I've asked many people yet not had one answer.... GLC as RW? Why/how/when etc.?

Literally everyone in the summer spoke of GLC as a #8/#10.

Yeah, no that's fair. He definitely played centrally at Betis.

In our pomp we were able to interchange in a way where both Dele and Eriksen were sort of #10's without getting in each other's way, so with Lo Celso as the theoretical Eriksen replacement you kinda slot him in there. But Eriksen and Dele are both pretty unique footballers, and there's no telling if Lo Celso can have the same sort of alchemy, especially not in a side so turgid elsewhere.

We've not replaced big Vic and until we do we're gonna struggle. Best we've got right now is Dier and he's not the answer. Sissoko shouldn't be anywhere near the centre of midfield, it helped do for Poch and it helped do for us tonight. He doesn't want the ball off of the back 4! It's so counter intuitive it drives me mad, play him wide or not at all.

Tonight was utter dog shit, Jose gets time but that was an end of Spurs Poch performance tonight. Jose got it badly wrong, let's hope he learns from it.

I've been saying this since before last January under Poch and been going mildly insane because of it.

Pochettino at fault for never replacing Wanyama / Dier and Dembele. No focus on buying a Kante-like defensive midfielder whatsoever.

Mourinho at fault for thinking Sissoko and Winks are good enough to cover in those positions as a pair, and that the back four and goalkeeper is stable.

I've been saying this since before last January under Poch and been going mildly insane because of it.

Pochettino at fault for never replacing Wanyama / Dier and Dembele. No focus on buying a Kante-like defensive midfielder whatsoever.

Mourinho at fault for thinking Sissoko and Winks are good enough to cover in those positions as a pair, and that the back four and goalkeeper is stable.

I'm no Moutinho fan but you can't say he's at fault for anything at this stage. Cut him a bit of slack to assess what he's got.

At the moment with our limited options it has to be Dier with N'Dombele.

A CDM will no doubt be high on Joses shopping list if Dier can't get back to form.

Has he ever had any form. Apart when he first came to the club, he's been shit for years

we are stuck until the transfer window opens when we need a true DM
Winks not strong enough and doesn't sense the danger
Dier out of form, not mobile now
Ndombele still not fit
could Foyth drop in to DM position ?

How is poch at fault. Do you know for a fact that he was even allowed to sign who he wanted?

I'm no Moutinho fan but you can't say he's at fault for anything at this stage. Cut him a bit of slack to assess what he's got.

I am a Mourinho fan. I disagree. I like his attack. His defence is shit.

How is poch at fault. Do you know for a fact that he was even allowed to sign who he wanted?

Poch is at fault for pushing for the likes of N'Dombele or Lo Celso as a priority signing when defensive midfield was a gaping hole, and trusting in the likes of Sissoko and Winks.

The N'Dombele signing is not a problem on paper, but the problem is he didn't buy a defensive midfielder first. How is Lo Celso not Poch's signing? He is Argentinian.

Why were we not in for the likes of Fabinho or Rodri or N'Didi instead?

This was a problem since before January. Poch signed a new contract last year.

I'd like to see N'dombele and Dier on Saturday with lo celso replacing lucas on the right so he can play narrower.
This
I think we should stick with this solution, until we will find a top DM to replace Dier. But at the moment this is the best solution for me
Lo Celso also needs to start, with Lucas as an impact sub

This
I think we should stick with this solution, until we will find a top DM to replace Dier. But at the moment this is the best solution for me
Lo Celso also needs to start, with Lucas as an impact sub
I think Lo Celso would thrive in the position Lucas has operated in recently. Dropping in as a secondary 10 to allow Aurier to bomb up the flank.

I think Lo Celso would thrive in the position Lucas has operated in recently. Dropping in as a secondary 10 to allow Aurier to bomb up the flank.

If going down that path, why not do that with NDombele instead and have GLC be the #8? Lo Celso seems prepared to battle and put himself about a lot more...

Need a new DM, with Dier filling in when required. Play new guy alongside Ndombele with Winks filling in for him.

Quite sure we’ll see a lot more of Jan at LB and wouldn’t be surprised to see a big handy fella coming in at right back too. I think Jose likes a back four of centre halves. Look at how good he had it when Ivanovic was his right back.

Back
Top Bottom