Midfield whats the solution

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The solution with our current personel we play 4-3-1-2

Aurier----Sanchez----Toby--- Rose /Jan

---------Dier ----Winks----Ndombele / Le Celso
-------------------aLI /Le Celso-----------------------
---------Son ------Kane---------

Dier always sits, Winks and NDombele provide variation in passes and supporting attacks
Ali/Le Celso in the AMC role provide the ammunition for Harry and Son.

Ndombele must start, no ifs or buts, he was great when he came on tonight and actually looked fit for once.

Winks, whilst he has the heart and drive is just bang average imo, not good enough .

Personally think it should be Dier and Ndombele right now, Dier as the holding DM and Ndombele as the roaming mid with licence to drive forward.

If Dier can't improve by the end of the season we need to purchase an outright DM imo.
Then when he starts, people will say he's not running fast enough etc and then scream for the next shiny new toy.

Winks can do forward passing but under the Poch requirement for Winks as a DM of 'Safety passing/don't lose the ball for possession football' forward passing which is inherently risky was not wanted.

Agree.

Most people have forgotten him against Madrid, running the show. Rumours Barca wanted him around that time.

He needs another 9-12months to fully recover his levels IMO.

Personally think he has bulked a little more than his kidneys are comfortable with, however, with a less intense regime he is young enough to recover that early promise.

The window doesn't open until January, you'll have to wait 😎 Personally speaking I think the days of advent calendars are numbered.

I'll get your coat

(couldn't find a gif of that saying, so have this one of a cute cat)

iu

The solution with our current personel we play 4-3-1-2

Aurier----Sanchez----Toby--- Rose /Jan

---------Dier ----Winks----Ndombele / Le Celso
-------------------aLI /Le Celso-----------------------
---------Son ------Kane---------

Dier always sits, Winks and NDombele provide variation in passes and supporting attacks
Ali/Le Celso in the AMC role provide the ammunition for Harry and Son.

So what you're saying is:

BRING BACK THE DIAMOND! :pochcry:

I liked the line-up for Bournemouth, Dier with Ndombele and Sissoko on the wing to provide more defensive heft . Frees up our scoring players like Son, Dele and Kane more, and Aurier could be more offensive-minded with Sissoko covering. Ultimately an additional DM in our squad, perhaps Skipp or a new player. I heard Lo Celso puts in a nice shift defensively, and we've hardly seen anything from him so I'd damn well like to see him play more. Lamela when he comes back will also be really great to have.

We desperately need a very good DM. That will go a long way towards improving our defence.

Wilmar Barrios would be ideal. If Zenit make it to the round of 16 of the CL, they may not be inclined to sell.

I don't think it's quite as simple as saying 'we need to buy a new DM' or 'we need to play this formation', because we've already tried all the formations possible already this year... We could buy Fernandinho and Casemiro, we'd be better, but you could still drive a bus between the lines...

After we scored against United, you could clearly see Winks gesturing to the defence to push and press, they didn't, leaving a huge gap behind the pivots... United got the ball, had loads of space to play into, the momentum from the goal was gone...

When we defended, Deli, Sonny & Lucas didn't drop, leaving a huge space in front of the Pivots, leaving United plenty of time to pick passes...

Space behind when we have the ball, space in front when we don't. Until the team can attack and defend as one, help each other out and show for each other (why don't they even do that at throw ins??), the DMs will be cannon fodder...

I'm hoping they're all just knackered from Poch and the now less intense training sessions will improve the on-field intensity... Keeping the lines tighter together... maybe wishful thinking :)

We desperately need a very good DM. That will go a long way towards improving our defence.

Wilmar Barrios would be ideal. If Zenit make it to the round of 16 of the CL, they may not be inclined to sell.

Still not sold on Wilmar. He is one hell of a destroyer, but he is very limited outside his work rate and tackling.
I would prefer someone with a bit more vision and dribbling ability.

From the little I have seen of Wilmar he is very simple. Wanyama is twice the footballer he is when it comes to spreading that ball around and we all no Vic was no Xavi out there.

The kid at Benfica, Luis, is someone we should take a chance on.

Back
Top Bottom