Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great goal from son. what must he be worth now? & is he world class yet?
Last player to score from running with the ball in our own half? probably gazza? or did bale ever do it?

Son has scored from running from our own half before...

vs Tranmere in the FA Cup:

Also he almost did it vs Chelsea in the Premier League, but he ran on to the through ball from Dele.. so would probably count as after the halfway line:

Son was magnificent today one of the best individual preformance ever at white hart lane. All over the pitch creating and then a wonder goal. Ali only has to do a nut meg and ground erupts in his name. Sisoko out runs someone and the same and the real genuis is sonny and he barely gets a chant. Sony was the king today

Last edited:
Son has scored from running from our own half before...

vs Tranmere in the FA Cup:

Also he almost did it vs Chelsea in the Premier League, but he ran on to the through ball from Dele.. so would probably count as after the halfway line:

Yes I'd forgotten the Tranmere one. Cheers for the link. Definitely won't forget today's goal.

Serious question:

All things considered (transfer fee, goals, attitude, commitment, appearances), is Son our best signing of the last 15+ years?

Bale is the only other player that would come close, and I'd say at this point Son has surpassed Bale.

So bus-conductor bus-conductor & Kevin83 Kevin83 are we going to get a sorry lads i got this wrong or do you stilll feel son is not a tottenham player

I don't think Mourinho has any intention of making Son a left wing back any time soon, he's not got that Poch kind of daftness, but Son's pressing is piss poor and generally without the ball he's a fucking limp biscuit.
Transfer Market opens soon. I think Mou is not a type of person waiting long time, but a fast decision maker. He will find the replacement of Son in January.

Serious question:

All things considered (transfer fee, goals, attitude, commitment, appearances), is Son our best signing of the last 15+ years?

Bale is the only other player that would come close, and I'd say at this point Son has surpassed Bale.

It’s a good question.

Edgar Davids was a massive signing, and one that I think helped shift the whole atmosphere around the club.

We’ve made several brilliant signings over the last few years; Modric, Bale, Dembele, Vertonghen, Lloris...

Eriksen was a great signing. It’s a shame how it’s ending. Personally I’d say Son is the best signing we’ve made in a couple of decades. Pretty sure his record is better than Bale’s by now, and I honestly think he’d get into any team in the world. I’ve been waiting for him to score a goal like that for ages, as he’s always had that in him.

Dele could end up being a better signing though.

That was an amazing goal. When he picked the ball up he was quickly surrounded so I didnt think for a second he was going anywhere with it. Even said "he's lost that" to the chap next to me. Just wow.

As for songs, I just dont think anyone has come up with anything that resonates. The "We've got Alli" and "oh Moussa Sissoko" ones are both easy and raise the volume quickly.

Back
Top Bottom