Bayern Munich v Tottenham Hotspur (Wed 11 Dec @ 20.00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Eriksen can fuck off. At least when modric wanted out and we denied his move to Chelsea, he still put in a good year after, and got his move later.
Eriksen isn't fulfilling his contract. He's taking the piss and it's downright unprofessional. His wages should be docked. His ass should be glued to the bench until May. Shockingly unprofessional.

How does anyone get experience then? Look at Chelsea- playing kids hasn’t done them much harm this season has it and their club will gain in the long run. Ah but let’s wrap Spurs young players in cotton wool bless em
Dead right. We're losing 3-1 to a better team. If you bring on Parrot or even Tanganga, there's the chance they might have a Sessegnon moment. In any case you've blooded them at the highest level, against a world-famous team at an iconic stadium.

But no. Bring on Wanyama. I just can't get my head round that.

If Pochettino had done that the forum would have crashed

The scoreline was embarrassing because they were fucking ruthless with their chances, over the 90 minutes the game was pretty even.

Today is embarrassing, the took the piss from the first to the last minute.
In a meaningless game of football where the only considerations were financial. Mou just wanted a look at some of his squad players where the outcome didn’t matter. He won’t get anymore of those this season. It’s not a disaster.

I'd be inclined to agree. Gazza had his few "obvious errors" but overall keeps proving that he should at least be our trusted backup. And GLC was fine but I felt that he and Eriksen next to each other was a bad combo. They kept suffocating each other. I'd say that he did fine but didn't exactly nail himself to the starting 11.
True, so when the change comes around take the past off and leave the future (who's begging for minutes) on. As I just said with regard to Wanyama, if MP had done that people would be going ballistic

Don't worry bus-conductor bus-conductor I've got you covered...

What an inert performance. Barren and devoid of vim and energy.

Dier looks like he might keel over if his pulse rate gets above 60.

The line up says Sissoko was on the pitch for 90 mins, but I couldn't confirm that with a sighting of him.

Surely Eriksen has signed his own death warrant tonight? Weak, no pressing, poor touch, unable to hold the ball, all round piss poor.

KWP it appears isn't good enough, certainly lacking in the pace required from a modern fullback. Shame I have high hopes for him.

From that performance Lo Celso is unfortunately not part of the solution to our midfield problems.

Lucas didn't set the game on fire but hooking him was harsh as fuck. How he is supposed to influence the game with no service is beyond me. And WHY THE FUCK NOT PUT TROY ON!?

Sessegnon in the second half seemed to take his lead from the apparent complete lack of motivation of the senior players on the pitch.

Even the normally effervescent Skipp seemed to quickly fall under the spell of the Lackadaisical Fairy that Bayern had deployed on our team tonight. He was bright for a few minutes when he came on, and then faded to the grey of the overall team performance (I'm being harsh on him really, I think if the Spurs tempo was 20 bpm higher he would have upped his game to fit in.)

If tonight is an indicator of what Mourinho has to work with as a "2nd string" then fucking good luck to him.

This isn't a melt. It was just so disappointing to sit through that performance. I know it was meaningless, but they could at least have some fucking pride in their game.

We could Get -

PSG
Juventus
Barcelona
Leipzig
Valencia.

Jose has finished runners up twice and won the competition..

Just saying.
Which actually should read....

we WILL get PSG or Barcelona, and of course second leg will be away...

liverpooh or Chelsea will also get lucky, as per usual.

Happy fucking Days !

I cant remember for years a worse midfield performance than that of dier. He wouldn't play high end non league at the minute. What's positive is that the a top quality DM can transform this team. Somebody that gets up against people and is comfortable on the ball.

In a meaningless game of football where the only considerations were financial. Mou just wanted a look at some of his squad players where the outcome didn’t matter. He won’t get anymore of those this season. It’s not a disaster.
It wasn't meaningless though, there was lots to learn and lots more could have been learned.

Without Dav we have no pace in the backline. Why not bring on Tanganga and see what he offers. Could he handle Gnabry? Why did Jose make a big deal of singling him out on day one, only to constantly snub him?

What did playing Dier and Eriksen do? Further, further, further show they shouldn't be playing? Lets play them again at the weekend so we can see if they further, further, further, further shouldn't be playing.

Why wait until the game was lost to bring on Skipp. Wouldn't we know more about his suitability if he was introduced while the game was still in the balance.

Why not give Parrott the experience? A free game, what could go wrong?

It's not a disaster, but it was a huge chance for Jose to try something.

Eriksen can fuck off. At least when modric wanted out and we denied his move to Chelsea, he still put in a good year after, and got his move later.
Eriksen isn't fulfilling his contract. He's taking the piss and it's downright unprofessional. His wages should be docked. His ass should be glued to the bench until May. Shockingly unprofessional.
I'm going to defend him...

He's shit for Denmark as well so it's not a choice but he can't cope with the pressure.

Don't worry bus-conductor bus-conductor I've got you covered...

What an inert performance. Barren and devoid of vim and energy.

Dier looks like he might keel over if his pulse rate gets above 60.

The line up says Sissoko was on the pitch for 90 mins, but I couldn't confirm that with a sighting of him.

Surely Eriksen has signed his own death warrant tonight? Weak, no pressing, poor touch, unable to hold the ball, all round piss poor.

KWP it appears isn't good enough, certainly lacking in the pace required from a modern fullback. Shame I have high hopes for him.

From that performance Lo Celso is unfortunately not part of the solution to our midfield problems.

Lucas didn't set the game on fire but hooking him was harsh as fuck. How he is supposed to influence the game with no service is beyond me. And WHY THE FUCK NOT PUT TROY ON!?

Sessegnon in the second half seemed to take his lead from the apparent complete lack of motivation of the senior players on the pitch.

Even the normally effervescent Skipp seemed to quickly fall under the spell of the Lackadaisical Fairy that Bayern had deployed on our team tonight. He was bright for a few minutes when he came on, and then faded to the grey of the overall team performance (I'm being harsh on him really, I think if the Spurs tempo was 20 bpm higher he would have upped his game to fit in.)

If tonight is an indicator of what Mourinho has to work with as a "2nd string" then fucking good luck to him.

I was with you until Lucas Moura . 4 fucking passes in 65 minutes. Made Defoe look like Zidane.

"You know the way people who can’t dance always make sure they have a drink in their hands at parties? And then they tap a foot and sort of sway as if to suggest they would bust some amazing moves on the dance floor if only they didn’t have a drink in their hands? Can’t put my finger on it, but something about the way Eriksen is playing here brings those people to mind"

From The Guardian feed. Bang on.

I'm going to defend him...

He's shit for Denmark as well so it's not a choice but he can't cope with the pressure.
I think with Eriksen at present it's this lovely global excuse o "Depressed" and "Mental health issues".

He didn't get the transfer he wanted so he's gone into his shell and won't come out until Madrid offer him a contract.

If they go for Van De Beek instead of Eriksen there could be some fun forthcoming.

Back
Top Bottom