Juan Foyth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Today we played a shit team so naturally he will look good. KWP would have looked good, but that is a position he has been playing since the youth level, Foyth, not so much and it shows.

Its shit teams that we seem to have problems against in the EPL. We need players who can put in performance against them.

He will never give us the threat we need from that position offensively. We need someone that will drive and defend well. He just defends well.

His performances thus far show that he can deliver effective crosses and win the ball high up the field. Seems perfectly suited to playing wing back.

Its shit teams that we seem to have problems against in the EPL. We need players who can put in performance against them.

His performances thus far show that he can deliver effective crosses and win the ball high up the field. Seems perfectly suited to playing wing back.

I want to believe, but I don't see it yet. I am no scout though and just an armchair critic. I just feel he is better suited for the middle of the park. He is a very talented player, I just feel his rashness and lack of pace will be exposed against better opposition.

This being said, I would prefer him over Serge. I don't think he did anything that KwP hasn't shown in his appearances. People will bring up the Colchester performance as a rebuttal, but I just see a more natural RB. But Poch calls the shots.

He did well tonight but so did everyone. It is good that he has the ability to bring the ball out and beat players in doing so but must learn when it is safe to do so because in the past he has been caught out and he must ensure he only does it when there is a covering defender.

Surprised he hasn't been used in DM to be honest.

But thought he was pretty good yesterday. Poor opposition aside. Needs more gametime and just based on his performance yesterday he should be getting a run in the side

What's he doing dribbling in his own box...:pochfacepalm:

He loses the ball, it leads to a penalty, luckily he gets bailed out by a dreadful penalty from Jesus, almost as bad as the one he took a couple weeks :dembelelol:

Last edited:
He's young and prone to some brain farts. The ability is there though and I can see him become a good defender. I just don't see him as the answer to what we need at RB. Still probably a better option than Aurier.

He played as a midfielder as a youth player before being converted to a CB so maybe?
Seems to be the biggest what if at Spurs.

He has all the attributes. He's probably one of the best footballers in the squad at progressing with the ball too.

Just don't think it'll happen.

Seems like he has the mobility and awareness for it and he is physically stronger than he looks as well.

Personally think we should give him a shot in that position and see how he gets on.

Seems like he has the mobility and awareness for it and he is physically stronger than he looks as well.

Personally think we should give him a shot in that position and see how he gets on.

Whilst Foyth is a better footballer than Skipp - I'd rather just give him minutes in DM.

Foyth definitely needs more game time though. Wouldn't be against him at right back just to get minutes under his belt.

Still think he's better than Sanchez overall and in terms of potential.

Whilst Foyth is a better footballer than Skipp - I'd rather just give him minutes in DM.

Foyth definitely needs more game time though. Wouldn't be against him at right back just to get minutes under his belt.

Still think he's better than Sanchez overall and in terms of potential.
Regardless, Sanchez is our only defender with genuine pace.

Tonight we sat so fucking deep utterly petrified what Bayern would do to us, when we got the ball there was one man up front against three, if the ball even got that far.

We can't have two slow centre halves in the team or we'll just invite pressure on ourselves.

Back
Top Bottom