Bayern Munich v Tottenham Hotspur (Wed 11 Dec @ 20.00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought Eriksen was not too bad in the first half and I get why we played him if Dele is rested (we don't have another No 10 as Lamela is injured and Lo Celso is mainly played out on the right I think(??), with Eriksen at least he could attempt to bring in Sess and Lo Celso either side and therefore help their game. Or at least it would have been better than playing anyone else there.
I can see that, and what Deckard says too, but he was dreadful in the second half. Taking off the other two (and yes, I relise that Lucas wasn't doing anything either) made no sense to me whatsoever.

Imagine you're GLC. It's been said repeatedly that tonight is a game to give the lesser-used players a chance. You put in a shift, assist a goal, only to get hooked while a player who has made a tenth of the effort that you have gets to stay on for the full 90, walking about, not giving a flying fuck?

But I'd be seriously worried if he thinks he's got a future at Spurs given the reported injury issues he's carried. The only excuse would be that the info we've got about his knees has all be fictitious, the medical team would have all the data, so maybe his knees are fine and he's in perfect condition???
Even poch brought him on as a sub in one of his last few games. Maybe he is getting healthier.

They were all playing like shit under Poch though. It would be unfair if all the other players get a game or two to show the new manager what they can do and not Wanyama.

There is no way Wanyama has been or could be any worse as the DM than Dier has been or will be. I'd be happier giving Wanyama the minutes than Dier myself. He's clearly not "totally fucked" or managers like Poch and Mourinho would not be risking him, and Poch did it in games that mattered.

At least the trolls have a chance to come out in force - shame

Sissoko and Dier versus Coutinho, Kimmich and Thiago was always a miss-match ... Sessegnon at least covered Rose but LoCelso and Eriksen didn't get back at all .... you can blame the centre pair all night, and the trolls will, but it's a team game. Off the ball we were awful we simply let Bayern have all the time and space they wanted, Coutinho must have thought it was Xmas just demonstrated the difference between him and Eriksen.

Going forward Eriksen was good three KP's 2 shots and always looking to create, but going backwards zero on every number, no tackles, interceptions, blocks just getting back didn't happen. Shop window and hopefully someone saw enough to take him off our hands.

Sessegnon the big plus for us, and Foyth under huge pressure all night can hold his head up.

Moura up top? Not a great plan, just 21 touches and only seven passes, tough night for him.

We won't play Bayern again until the last four let's hope it's a very different game.

I can see that, and what Deckard says too, but he was dreadful in the second half. Taking off the other two (and yes, I relise that Lucas wasn't doing anything either) made no sense to me whatsoever.

Imagine you're GLC. It's been said repeatedly that tonight is a game to give the lesser-used players a chance. You put in a shift, assist a goal, only to get hooked while a player who has made a tenth of the effort that you have gets to stay on for the full 90, walking about, not giving a flying fuck?
I agree with keeping Lo Celso on. Just think the player to be hooked should have been Lucas, I mean he's been given plenty of mins to date. I don't know enough about Lo Celso and his positions he takes up but if the object was to learn about the players then maybe have Eriksen switch with Lo Celso, although the ball was rarely getting to any of our forwards and when it was they were aggressively pressed.

At least the trolls have a chance to come out in force - shame

Does troll mean "someone who saw the game differently to how I did"?

LoCelso didn't get back at all

Except he did

Going forward Eriksen was good

Yeah, like how he stood still if the ball wasn't passed to his feet, like how he continually gave the ball away, like how he looked about as bothered as Mr Unbothered, winner of 2019's Unbothered of the Year competition

We won't play Bayern again until the last four

We can play them in the quarters

Other than that, great insight

Anyone trying to take anything from this match is wasting their time. Mou probably dedicated 5 minutes of time to this match and that was when he packed his overnight bag. Half the team didn’t give a shit and the ones trying to impress (Sess, Foyth) did well. Dead rubber the end fuck it move on. This is like getting mad about a preseason match.

Anyone trying to take anything from this match is wasting their time. Mou probably dedicated 5 minutes of time to this match and that was when he packed his overnight bag. Half the team didn’t give a shit and the ones trying to impress (Sess, Foyth) did well. Dead rubber the end fuck it move on. This is like getting mad about a preseason match.
So those with something to prove did well and the rest were half arsed?

Why not play more with something to prove then?

Does troll mean "someone who saw the game differently to how I did"?

Except he did

Yeah, like how he stood still if the ball wasn't passed to his feet, like how he continually gave the ball away, like how he looked about as bothered as Mr Unbothered, winner of 2019's Unbothered of the Year competition

We can play them in the quarters

Other than that, great insight

I'm guessing but maybe Jose thought :

1. Lo Celso has shown he is decent going forward, but doesn't offer much in terms of tracking back ( leaving KWP exposed) in the first what, 55 minutes. Maybe that is enough for Jose, he knows the positives and negative in defence...and even that he might want to use him more v Wolves do better to give him a rsest.
2. Skipp is brought on to give us 3 at CM ( matching Bayern in terms of numbers), and immediately makes a big impact in making it far more dynamic.

That is more logical than the last sub - dIdn't understand the Dier for Wanyama sub on 80 minutes unless it was to show any buyer that Wanyama was still part of Spurs first team ( or even loyalty to Wanyama"s brother who Mountinho coached at Inter).

I would have preferred JM to bring on Tanganga if we wanted to ensure we didn't concede or go for it by going back to s CM2 and bring on Parrott.

Back
Top Bottom