Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mourinho's main problem with Mata was that he didn't contribute much defensively, but in that regard Lo Celso and Mata are very different players, Lo Celso is willing to track back and can tackle etc. as well.
True, it's why Kane will go down as one of Jose's favourite players to have ever worked with.

But in snubbing Mata, he made Man Ure lose their most creative player. It would be nice seeing a premium on creativity first, then turgid shite later.

All season we've had the same problem with two managers, the only teams we look comfortable against are teams who sit off us and let us play. Once you press us it's scary watching how we play.

Last edited:
GLC "faded" when CE came on because he rotated back at that point. I thought he made a big difference immediately in how we played. Yeah, he'll occasionally lose the ball, but he is also pushing the ball forward

Going to be honest, I struggle to see where he fits in under Jose. I don't think he is a bad player or anything but Dele looks much better as a 10 for me and Jose loves him and I don't think he will play at all as one of the central midfielders, particularly as Ndombele would be one of the deeper midfielders. I think people are losing their minds over him as he is a new signing, but we have barely seen him - he has not been given much of a chance to shine and with our current position we're not in a place to experiment and drop Dele when he has been so good since Jose came in.

You're right that he and Dele appear to be stuck competing over one position in the team.

I do like what I've seen from Lo Celso so far though. Busy, direct, aggressive player. Fits the Mourinho mold quite well actually.

He was fine today but struggled to make an impact in the final third. Thought he helped move the hall forward well and was disciplined in defense. 4-3-3 with Ndombele and him next to a proper DM is probably the best scenario.

Going to be honest, I struggle to see where he fits in under Jose. I don't think he is a bad player or anything but Dele looks much better as a 10 for me and Jose loves him and I don't think he will play at all as one of the central midfielders, particularly as Ndombele would be one of the deeper midfielders. I think people are losing their minds over him as he is a new signing, but we have barely seen him - he has not been given much of a chance to shine and with our current position we're not in a place to experiment and drop Dele when he has been so good since Jose came in.

Rubbish, absolute rubbish

Gio has much higher ceilling than Dele. Dele is by far the most overrated player in premier league history. Can't wait for Gio to permanently replace him in the starting 11.

Rubbish, absolute rubbish

Gio has much higher ceilling than Dele. Dele is by far the most overrated player in premier league history. Can't wait for Gio to permanently replace him in the starting 11.
Cant agree, yet to see what Lo Celso will provide if I'm honest he looks pretty lightweight

Back
Top Bottom