Spurs Youth 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Georgious loan has now also ended.
Georgiou, Marsh and Roles' loans were all due to expire in January.
Sterling's season long loan has ended due to injury.
Clarke's was season long but has ended.
Amos' loan is season long and has been a key player for QPR and Marsh has been playing regularly for Orient.

Watched the Reading/QPR game because I wanted to have a look at Eze and also see how Amos is doing.

Eze is a lively fucker for sure, considering our lack of young attacking options I can see why we’d be interested, he’s powerful, direct and has a trick, obviously still raw though.

Amos is no world beater but is a better DCM than both Sissoko and Dier. Much better on the ball than both. Good composure under pressure, passes crisply, presses a bit better (more mobile) and averages double the tackles/interceptions than both of them.

Stupid decision to pack him off on loan knowing Wanyama was potentially fucked and Dier being half man half elephant.

The last time we actually had a functioning midfield was probably the pre season when Skipp/Marsh/Amos played together.

Comm today said CCV had returned and JM was gonna run the rule over him.

LOAN CLUBYEAR BORN
CLARKE Season LEEDS (C)2000Loan cancelled
AMOS Season QPR (C)over 21?
CCV Season STOKE (C)over 21Loan cancelled
GEORGIOU (til Jan) IPSWICH (L1)over 21Loan cancelled
STERLING SeasonDONCASTER (L1)1998Loan cancelled
MARSH (til Jan) ORIENT (L2)1998?
ROLES (til Jan)CAMBRIDGE (L2)1999?

He's far too good for that level

Think that as this was his first loan, this was a deliberate choice to place him in a League 2 side to maximise his playing time.

But agreed he's demonstrated he's too good for this league - think this was his 5th goal of the season and based upon minutes played he's averaging about a goal every 2 games ( is approx 180 played minutes) which is pretty damn good for an AM.

Think a few League 1 sides should be interested. Might be too risky with playing time but think he could also do well in a Championship side.

Worth remembering that he's made October team of the month for League 2 and also two man if the match awards in addition to his goalscoring record

He's far too good for that level

Looks like Jack Roles is expected to stay at Cambridge ?

Not sure on Paul Brush suitability as Loan Officer - was pretty poor as an u23 coach but must have been doing something right as he's been at Spurs academy for 6 or 7 years after an unimpressive set of lower league assistant manager appointments. WindyCOYS WindyCOYS - any thoughts on Brush ? Certainly think we need a Loan Officer and it maybe Brush appointed short term after Pochs no loan policy was reversed ?

Colin Calderwood is "hopeful" that Jack Roles' loan spell at Cambridge United will be extended.

The 20-year-old Spurs loanee has made 19 appearances for the U's, scoring five goals in the process and collecting both the PFA League Two player of the month and goal of the month for October.

It hasn't all been plain sailing for the attacking midfielder though, who was hooked after just 35 minutes at Carlisle, and had to wait until Sunday [December 29] to regain his shirt.

But after a return to form against Morecambe, during which he scored the decisive goal, Calderwood revealed they are close to securing the youngster for the rest of the season.

"At the minute all parties seem to agree - Jack, Tottenham and ourselves, so we’re very, very hopeful," he said

"It’s next week that the loan period ends. Discussions have started already and we’re really just wanting to dot the I’s and cross the T’s on it and we’re very hopeful.

Paul Brush was here [at the Abbey for the Morecambe game] and he looks after a lot of the loan signings at Tottenham, so it’s positive.

"You just never know if it’s a loan or a transfer. You can see his quality, you can see he’s developing, you can see there’s more power coming into his game."

"I think he’s been able to work at a different tempo [compared to when he arrived]."

Colin Calderwood is "hopeful" that Jack Roles' loan spell at Cambridge United will be extended.

The 20-year-old Spurs loanee has made 19 appearances for the U's, scoring five goals in the process and collecting both the PFA League Two player of the month and goal of the month for October.

It hasn't all been plain sailing for the attacking midfielder though, who was hooked after just 35 minutes at Carlisle, and had to wait until Sunday [December 29] to regain his shirt.

But after a return to form against Morecambe, during which he scored the decisive goal, Calderwood revealed they are close to securing the youngster for the rest of the season.

"At the minute all parties seem to agree - Jack, Tottenham and ourselves, so we’re very, very hopeful," he said

"It’s next week that the loan period ends. Discussions have started already and we’re really just wanting to dot the I’s and cross the T’s on it and we’re very hopeful.

Paul Brush was here [at the Abbey for the Morecambe game] and he looks after a lot of the loan signings at Tottenham, so it’s positive.

"You just never know if it’s a loan or a transfer. You can see his quality, you can see he’s developing, you can see there’s more power coming into his game."

"I think he’s been able to work at a different tempo [compared to when he arrived]."

Think the article is written for Cambridge fans.

We would be mad to sell him now - Cambridge have no money to spend so best we could probably get is done sort of sell on free maybe 50%.

But League 1 sides already interested after his 6 months loan so likely Cambridge would sell within a year for say £1m so we get £500k.

We would be better to loan him for 6 months more and sell him then if we were not kee on him - and probably get £2m - £5m from a Championship club.

Would definitely like to see Roles in League 1. I don't rate him as a Spurs player but he's also a kid I've watched for many years and despite not looking like a particularly strong prospect to my eyes he's always getting goals and assists at every level.

Must admit I'm surprised that Roles is staying at Cambridge. I'm an ST at MK and get to about half the away games and the gap between L1 and L2 is vast.

Roles seems to be too good for L2 level and so you'd think that he should be challenged in L1 for the rest of the season. The only thing I can think of is that we are worried that he might not get game time in League 1 but he'd a useful addition at MK or any other team in the bottom half (maybe not Southend...)
Cirkin and Parrot also seem ready for a loan at this level. And if Skipp isn't going to get more game time he should be looking at the Championship. Unfortunately it seems too late for KWP...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom