January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
ss.png

Did he have to see HR?

I'm as big a fan of Harry as anyone but he was not world class for the 1st half of the season. Seemed slow, didn't move well off the ball. He actually was passing like the Eriksen of old. Now he's injured so it's become moot but having the rep and keeping it are 2 very different things. I'll probably receive a bunch of hate mail for criticising Harry but I have to be honest and swallow the bitter pill that for a while now, he seems to have lost his spark. We need to be careful somebody doesn't think he's unhappy at Spurs and start making whopping great offers.
Fair comment but a big offer is coming whether he's unhappy or not, he's 27 this year and running out of time to win big trophies.

I'm as big a fan of Harry as anyone but he was not world class for the 1st half of the season. Seemed slow, didn't move well off the ball. He actually was passing like the Eriksen of old. Now he's injured so it's become moot but having the rep and keeping it are 2 very different things. I'll probably receive a bunch of hate mail for criticising Harry but I have to be honest and swallow the bitter pill that for a while now, he seems to have lost his spark. We need to be careful somebody doesn't think he's unhappy at Spurs and start making whopping great offers.
you only have to look at the difference between Harry in a spurs shirt and Harry in a England Shirt, get the midfield sorted and provide him with decent service and the difference will be night and day

It’s worrying times when you are “bare bones” and the silence is deafening and even a Danny Drinkwater is headed to Aston Villa on loan. Maybe he’s not what he was, maybe the booze has gripped him big time, but consider if not and how dumb it is to pass up a premier league winning CM at this point in time. It’s a loan what difference would it make ?

fuck me did I just say we should have got Danny Drinkwater.....

Our central/defensive midfield options...

Winks = OK
Wanyama = No longer viable
Dier = Not fit
Sissoko = Hurt
Lo Celso = OK
Alli = OK, although he's much better further forward
Eriksen = OK, again better further forward
Ndombele = Hurt

We are woefully thin. Buying a striker and DM is almost a necessity now. RB may have to wait.

Our central/defensive midfield options...

Winks = OK
Wanyama = No longer viable
Dier = Not fit
Sissoko = Hurt
Lo Celso = OK
Alli = OK, although he's much better further forward
Eriksen = OK, again better further forward
Ndombele = Hurt

We are woefully thin. Buying a striker and DM is almost a necessity now. RB may have to wait.
I think Dele being labelled as OK at CM is generous, he really is poor when he’s pushed back there.

The fact that we don’t have a viable defensive option in midfield on that list is infuriating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom