Tottenham Vs Liverpool - Sat 11th Jan 2020.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fuck. I feel like we had more chances this game. Every shot went directly at the keeper. Didn’t make him move at all. All in all once the subs made we looked fantastic. So....that better be the last time I see Eriksen start. What a waste

We simply don’t take our chances against the better sides. That second half reminded me of the game against Man U on very same weekend last year. They had one chance while game, Rashford stuck it. We had possibly 7 clear cut scoring chances and made a hero out of De Gea on practically every single one of them and lost 0-1.

Against so called Top 6 of Liverpool, Man U, Man City, Woolwich and Chavs, in our last 12 league games, we haven’t won any, drawn 3 lost 9.

Far more foreward thinking and urgent with glc on the pitch ..that really has to be it for eriksen in a spurs shirt!..hes not the future hes made it abduntley clear..decent home debut from tanganga taken one of those chances and its a diffrent world this evening

Sorry but that is 100% on the manager

Wrong line up, very weak mentality going into the game. They are super tired and we should have started Lamela & GLC and went at them from the 1st minute.
Interesting you got 5 agrees and 5 disagrees.....
I totally understand the sentiment but also disagree because he probably just trusted Eriksen and Dele to be able to make passes.

The next game though, there is not a single reason to start either, and if he does, I’m massively concerned by his view of what they bring to the team.

Aurier was okay, I thought.

this was one of his better performances true but too often he makes a stupid pass and then compounds it by just standing there and not tracking back or making an effort to get possession back
classic example was later on as we were chasing the game

As I said prematch, eriksen winks rose alli have less fight than a tampon. Lamela actually cares and always throws himself about. Him and glc completely changed the game and amazingly we should have won 2 1 in the end. Sadly, that incorrect team selection early doors cost us.

I never want to see those cunts eriksen and rose wear our shirt ever again. 9pts behind Chelsea. Just going to be happy when the season is over. At least we showed some positives. I just want Jose to pick our best players and for them to be given a consistent run now. As long as we don't get relegated I'll be happy. And let's be honest, on our current form that would probably be not totally out of the question .

Overall I was impressed actually but for once I had zero ambitions of winning this game so my expectations were very low. But in the end, we could have got something from that. Son and Lo Celso had huge chances and they really should have scored. We kept their attack generally at bay and Mourinhos tactics were clear from the beginning, stay in it as long as we can and see if we can nick something towards the end and tbh, it should have worked. While I hope it won’t be a feature of his tenure, we will need to use these sort of tactics against the bigger teams. Those sort of tactics from Poch could have got us over line in a number of instances.

All I can say is, on to the next one.

COYS!!

Agree, we see glimpses of what can Jose do if he gets players. But Moura needs to see a pass sometimes, Son as well.
Yes. Agree. Couple of times they should have been a bit more aware of what is around them. They are ultimately that type of player. It’s frustrating.

could Jamie Redknapp be happier ? What a cunt that man is. Just watching that VAR review. Came off Henderson’s hand.....wankers as usual

Back
Top Bottom