Japhet Tanganga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Weird how so much better he looks in comparison to say...Juan Foyth for his first game against a massive side.

Looks like he should have had a chance earlier tbh. A real positive, glad to see Jose backing up what he said in the first training session.

(Unless he was injured?) A shame Poch didn’t throw him in earlier.

the shambles of Bayern should have seen JT come in for Brighton.... or certainly after Brighton when Toby and Jan looked like traffic cones.

He reminds me in looks of a certain Reo Griffiths who's still playing for Lyon reserves...
reo-griffiths-tottenham-hotspur-1568730979-25815.jpg

Lots of wonderful things were also said about KWP, now a lot can't wait to see the back of him.

Good luck to Tanganga.

Maybe but KWP has never been physical enough for his position, it was always that kid looks good if he could get stronger and not be bullied by wingers.

Tanganga is basically ready.

Maybe but KWP has never been physical enough for his position, it was always that kid looks good if he could get stronger and not be bullied by wingers.

Tanganga is basically ready.
You used to think he was a potential top class player.

My point is it's too early to 'hype' up Tanganga yet.

You used to think he was a potential top class player.

My point is it's too early to 'hype' up Tanganga yet.

I did but he is 22 and still doesn’t look strong enough. The point being is Tanganga looks ready, its not like he needs to bulk up.

Weird how so much better he looks in comparison to say...Juan Foyth for his first game against a massive side.

Looks like he should have had a chance earlier tbh. A real positive, glad to see Jose backing up what he said in the first training session.
Foyth is smooth but he’s so weak. Bullied off the ball, mental errors.

Tanganga has great positioning, no nonsense clearances, knows when to be aggressive, decent technique going forward. Mane is a top player in the world and Tanganga more than held his own.

Just seen his post match interview and Japhet is more intelligent than he looks and he seems to have a decent attitude as well. Pleased about that.
I saw him play as an 18 year old and he certainly stood out for me.

Seemed very articulate, and in the first sentence or two almost like a prospective coach with his analysis.

One of the things I liked about him both in the preseason games and v Liverpool was that he seemed unflappable - and that comes across in the interview as well.

Think his career was fine until about 18 (looked one of the best in his year group up to that age) and then for some reason Poch seemed to bring Dinzeyi ( another youth CB, big unit but less of a player) through in preference when 19 as well as Eyoma (another decent CB) and then Foyth got first team chances last season, yet both in pre season and v Liverpool Tanganga looked a far more complete CB. Glad his career seems back on track now - but 2 years of being sidelined is almost certainly behind the fact that he has not signed another contract, he's been waiting for Spurs to prove they will give him game time. Hopefully he will sign soon.

Seemed very articulate, and in the first sentence or two almost like a prospective coach with his analysis.

One of the things I liked about him both in the preseason games and v Liverpool was that he seemed unflappable - and that comes across in the interview as well.

Think his career was fine until about 18 (looked one of the best in his year group up to that age) and then for some reason Poch seemed to bring Dinzeyi ( another youth CB, big unit but less of a player) through in preference when 19 as well as Eyoma (another decent CB) and then Foyth got first team chances last season, yet both in pre season and v Liverpool Tanganga looked a far more complete CB. Glad his career seems back on track now - but 2 years of being sidelined is almost certainly behind the fact that he has not signed another contract, he's been waiting for Spurs to prove they will give him game time. Hopefully he will sign soon.
But, but... Poch gives youth opportunity!

Back
Top Bottom