The Non League Football Thread ⚽

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Another win for The Mighty Stones.

:wansum:

Absolutely fuckin' flying Johnny boy.
The Linnets ended up with a 2-2 home a draw against Chester. 3rd against 2nd. 1st placed York also drew. Over 1600 at The Walks. I was thinking of going along yesterday but only realised at 5 past 3 that I'd left it too late. The current malaise and disconnect at Spurs has left me feeling like getting back into watching more local footy.

Linnets go back to the top of the Vanarama North this weekend. 2 points clear but having played a game more than York. I have serious doubts that should they win this league they will be in a position to compete at the conference level.

SpiderSpurs SpiderSpurs I see your locals are still topping the table. Do you know if the winners of both leagues go up automatically?

Linnets go back to the top of the Vanarama North this weekend. 2 points clear but having played a game more than York. I have serious doubts that should they win this league they will be in a position to compete at the conference

Fairytale stuff. Culverhouse has conjured a miracle really, they’re a joy to watch and especially considering the mediocrity of a couple of years ago, it really is good to see a probably previously unfancied team gather momentum like this.

I know Spurs are at home on Boxing Day but I’ll be at the walks myself... not seen Lynn play Boston since the cameos of Gazza and Steve Evans.

Linnets go back to the top of the Vanarama North this weekend. 2 points clear but having played a game more than York. I have serious doubts that should they win this league they will be in a position to compete at the conference level.

SpiderSpurs SpiderSpurs I see your locals are still topping the table. Do you know if the winners of both leagues go up automatically?
I think they do, yes.

Fairytale stuff. Culverhouse has conjured a miracle really, they’re a joy to watch and especially considering the mediocrity of a couple of years ago, it really is good to see a probably previously unfancied team gather momentum like this.

I know Spurs are at home on Boxing Day but I’ll be at the walks myself... not seen Lynn play Boston since the cameos of Gazza and Steve Evans.
You a Lynn boy then?

Lived there from 18 months old to 30 y.o. except time at uni in Birmingham.
Old man lives in West Winch still. Got a son who lives in Lynn with his mum/my ex.
I used to live in a house that backs onto the disused railway line that borders the KES playing field.

Last Lynn v Boston match I saw was when Paul Bastock saved 2 penalties in a 0-0 draw on the day they celebrated promotion from the Dr. Martens league. I reckon it would have been Tony Spearing in charge then as a player manager. Think it was the same season that Robbo scored from the halfway line in the boxing day fixture at their place. Fuck me that was some years ago now!

Back
Top Bottom