Gedson Fernandes

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bloody hell I’ll have some of whatever happy pills you’re taking.

I was a STH then and went to a lot of away games. We were awful. It wasn’t fun. It was dull and the atmosphere toxic. I still have the mental scars.
Snap.
Used to get kudos back then from people I used to knock about with.
They thought I was hardcore for putting up with that shit week in week out.
Still managed to pull off the odd epic result now and then though which sort of made up for it.
It was the hope that killed us all back then.
It's the main reason I don't bitch about the current state of affairs. Compared to back then we are Lucky Lucky Bastards, as Eric Idle would say.

I loved it then. At least everyone you met was genuine. The football was shit - but a win lasted a month.

Little victories.
Agree about the fans - and victories. But it wasn’t always fun. Conceding 6 to Chelsea at home and then losing 4-0 at Coventry as we sank towards the relegation zone was god-awful. But the recovery and finish to the season was fun.

Oh don’t tell me, the 90s were brilliant again and we all climbed in over the floodlights and did the can can and no one cared when we got hammered on a weekly basis, and ripped down the shelf and had a new manager every season...........everyone celebrated our seasonal our relegation battles, just a decade after winning the UEFA and challenging for the title.

No one wanted Sugar out, no one wanted better.....it was utopia back then and the team was applauded off every week.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaawn

Last edited:
Oh don’t tell me, the 90s were brilliant again and we all climbed in over the floodlights and did the can can and no one cared when we got hammered on a weekly basis, and ripped down the shelf and had a new manager every season...........everyone celebrated our seasonal our relegation battles, just a decade after winning the UEFA and challenging for the title.

No one wanted Sugar out, no one wanted better.....it was utopia back then and the team was applauded off every week.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaawn

Only i don't think anyone actually said that? :sonhmm:

Some facts about Fernandes:

- He came from an African island that was a colony of Portugal
- He was ‘sold’ to benfica for 250 euro and 25 footballs
- Both his parents live in London
- Doesn’t have a luxury lifestyle
- He ‘had’ a +100 million euro release clause
- Nicknamed Paco or Ghost
- Won the U17 championship with Portugal

Some facts about Fernandes:

- Nicknamed Paco or Ghost
anigif_sub-buzz-29771-1507554872-3.gif

Only i don't think anyone actually said that? :sonhmm:

Just going off a reply because the original poster is on ignore.....may have picked up the whole thing wrong, but I’m tired of the 90s thing where only the real fans went etc

The chairman was detested, for not investing in the team and the fact we were shit and had big debts.
But real fans never complain etc....?

The 90s was the worst period in the history of THFC, and people can point to the 2 cups, but you’ll find it’s usually the same people who defended Poch to the hilt for winnning nothing while slagging off today’s fans as fake cunts because they want better for this club

Back
Top Bottom