League Cup 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How do tickets work for the league cup? Are OH+ members likely to get a shot at them?
Colchester is dead easy for me to get to so it would be a shame not to take advantage of that.
We'll get about 1,000 tickets. You'll need to be a STH with AT LEAST 400 Ticketing Points to get a ticket officially.

So we would have had Crawley away and then it's quarter final stages. Taking into account that Chelsea got Man U and Liverpool got Woolwich so two of the bigger team squad will be going out last night needs to be viewed as a massive slip up.

What a shame.
Now that you put it like that, I'm depressed again, bloody hell. At least we most likely won't see them clowns going further into the competition, I guess. 😓

Maybe if it was the FA Cup, but we shouldn't bother about this EFL Cup.. It's almost embarrassing to celebrate if you win it.
I feel like this should be the talking point for the other top 5 teams, but not us. With the situation we are in with lack of trophies, I would kill to win any of the 4 competitions we are in to be honest.

Last edited:

How fucking dare he say a competition should be scrapped in this country. He has the biggest squad, all of the fucking riches to have two fantastic XIs if he wanted to and he has a moan about what happens on these shores?

Sorry but I really don't like this fucking guy. What a completel knob to think he can say such a thing. Don't like it, play your reserves but to say it should be scrapped lacks so much class. Think about all of those Colchester players who can tell their grandchildren about beating Spurs this season and playing up at Old Trafford, or the Burton fans who made it to the semi finals. What a liberty to try and change English football because he sees it as a burden. Fuck Pep!

Absolutely hate people with no respect for the history of the game. It's one of only two trophies teams that don't cheat their way to success have a chance of winning, he lacks so much integrity and appreciation it's unreal. Pompous arsehole!

How fucking dare he say a competition should be scrapped in this coe biggest squad, all of the fucking riches to have two fantastic XIs if he wanted to and heSorr

How fucking dare he say a competition should be scrapped in this country. He has the biggest squad, all of the fucking riches to have two fantastic XIs if he wanted to and he has a moan about what happens on these shores?

Sorry but I really don't like this fucking guy. What a completel knob to think he can say such a thing. Don't like it, play your reserves but to say it should be scrapped lacks so much class. Think about all of those Colchester players who can tell their grandchildren about beating Spurs this season and playing up at Old Trafford, or the Burton fans who made it to the semi finals. What a liberty to try and change English football because he sees it as a burden. Fuck Pep!

Absolutely hate people with no respect for the history of the game. It's one of only two trophies teams that don't cheat their way to success have a chance of winning, he lacks so much integrity and appreciation it's unreal. Pompous arsehole!

His time at City is probably up soon. He is just looking for excuses for City’s relatively poor performance this year. Their owners won’t accept 2nd place for long

They will scrap this competition but fly around the world for pre season.

Fuck off.

Just play the reserves from your squad of multi millionaires and some under 23s. Let some 2nd division team have the chance to play at the Etihad like you play shenzun tigers in China.

And in the background the 39th game is brewing.

Money money money. All it’s about. Getting properly fed up with football at the moment.

Entitled deluded prick of a man who's only ever managed budget-less teams.

They will scrap this competition but fly around the world for pre season.

Fuck off.

Just play the reserves from your squad of multi millionaires and some under 23s. Let some 2nd division team have the chance to play at the Etihad like you play shenzun tigers in China.

And in the background the 39th game is brewing.

Money money money. All it’s about. Getting properly fed up with football at the moment.
To be fair when our own manager treated this and the FA Cup with similar disdain, stopping short of saying scrap it, but calling it ego building and not real trophies, and actually calling out Wigan for winning it, a few were outraged, but most showed sympathy and agreed that throwing the domestics is ok because of top 4.

A myth grew around choosing:
What do out want an FA Cup or top 4?
Like you can’t have both.

Just yesterday someone said:
Beating City in the champions league with VAR in the last 30 seconds.

Bale's incredible hattrick against Milan.

Moura's last second winner against Ajax.

Thrashing Real Madrid at WHL.

Jo Jordan going head to head with Gennaro Gattuso.

Sissoko scoring an actual goal....2 even.

and an honorable mention for Dembele poking Costa's eye out.

Who gives a flying F**k about a Cup when we have moments like that.. I watch footie for those heart stopping moments - win or lose; not for winning a cup.

Or would you have preferred to beat Swansea in the league cup final?

Bit of a joke to be honest.
I even had a debate in the summer with MVP MVP who said losing the CL final would be a bigger season than 4th and winning the FA Cup.

For these fans, Pep is simply saying what they must be thinking, and I’m certain there’s a lot more that agree with him then we think.

To be fair when our own manager treated this and the FA Cup with similar disdain, stopping short of saying scrap it, but calling it ego building and not real trophies, and actually calling out Wigan for winning it, a few were outraged, but most showed sympathy and agreed that throwing the domestics is ok because of top 4.

A myth grew around choosing:
What do out want an FA Cup or top 4?
Like you can’t have both.

Just yesterday someone said:

Bit of a joke to be honest.
I even had a debate in the summer with MVP MVP who said losing the CL final would be a bigger season than 4th and winning the FA Cup.

For these fans, Pep is simply saying what they must be thinking, and I’m certain there’s a lot more that agree with him then we think.
Quotes and the link please.

Quotes and the link please.
I’m not digging stuff up for you to deny:
It was basically you saying that winning the Champo or a domestic wasn’t as good winning a CL semi because “you have the chance to win the CL”

I spent the next day trying to explain to you that a competition has a conclusion and you can’t say winning a trophy is not as good as “having the chance” to win a bigger one.

You don’t seem to realise that our CL campaign didn’t end by “having the chance to win it”.
It ended in defeat. Game over, no chance to win.

So actually winning something is preferable.

I’m not digging stuff up for you to deny:
It was basically you saying that winning the Champo or a domestic wasn’t as good winning a CL semi because “you have the chance to win the CL”

I spent the next day trying to explain to you that a competition has a conclusion and you can’t say winning a trophy is not as good as “having the chance” to win a bigger one.

You don’t seem to realise that our CL campaign didn’t end by “having the chance to win it”.
It ended in defeat. Game over, no chance to win.

So actually winning something is preferable.
Ok, have a nice day.

Back
Top Bottom