Your 'favourite' football chants?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yep.Several times a match,every week.Don't hear it no more.

Best thing was I think it worked generally. Keeper would always fluff a kick eventually - then obviously the whole thing gets cracked up x10. Some old boy would be giving a verse of aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhh about a minute later as the ball pinged round midfield.

Probs for the best it's not done now though. Imagine the state of Hugos distribution with that in his ear!

Not so much a chant but a song two teams from south Scotland st..Mirren & Greenock Morton....Morton towards St.Mirren Gypsies, tramps & thieves........St.Mirrens response "your wheels on your house go round & round, round & round.

I remember hearing on the radio someone talking about a match announcement that the games sponsors that afternoon were the AA.
The home fans started singing,
"No surrender, no surrender
No surrender to the RAC"

Which made me laugh.

Not a chant, but the funniest thing I ever heard was behind the goal in the park Lane, Peter Crouch was playing against us, I think for Villa.

It's a corner and he's standing on the front post when some bloke behind me yells "Crouch!....you long cunt!"

I nearly shit my drawers laughing, still don't know why it just tickled me.

Not a chant, but the funniest thing I ever heard was behind the goal in the park Lane, Peter Crouch was playing against us, I think for Villa.

It's a corner and he's standing on the front post when some bloke behind me yells "Crouch!....you long cunt!"

I nearly shit my drawers laughing, still don't know why it just tickled me.

On a similar note. I was once at Pittodrie to see Aberdeen play Kilmarnock (or one of those other nothing clubs). Ground was pretty quiet at the time and the opposition team had a throw-in. The player who came across to take the throw had long blonde hair (like Robbie Savage) and this old bloke (60s plus I would say) sitting 5 rows from the sideline just jumps up and shouts "Surf's Up, Dude!"

Half the stand was in stiches. Still one of the most memorable moments of my visits to Pittodrie during those bleak years.

Nothing beats:
:roseunsure:
Your gonna get your plucking- ed kicked in!

Come with me and have a cuppa tea
In Terry Neill's back garden.
Kick 'im in the head till the silly fucker's dead
In Terry Neill's back garden.

I'd like to take a ball and chain
And fill it up with lead.
And if I see a Chelsea fan
I'll wrap it round his head.

Tottenham Hotspur are magic
We all agree...

Chelsea Spurs the 2-1 win the November after World Cup 2006

10 minutes solid....

LAMPARD! You let you CUNTry down, you let your country down, LAMPARD!

we got to them that night that’s for sure

I miss that era, when we were just getting good

Posh spice is a slapper
She wears a wonder bra
And when she’s shagging Beckham
She’s thinking of Ginola...

Beckham bowed to us in the Paxton when he got subbed, we were shit but they were great days lol

On a similar note. I was once at Pittodrie to see Aberdeen play Kilmarnock (or one of those other nothing clubs). Ground was pretty quiet at the time and the opposition team had a throw-in. The player who came across to take the throw had long blonde hair (like Robbie Savage) and this old bloke (60s plus I would say) sitting 5 rows from the sideline just jumps up and shouts "Surf's Up, Dude!"

Half the stand was in stiches. Still one of the most memorable moments of my visits to Pittodrie during those bleak years.
I went to the bernabeau for the madrid away first time we qualified for ths CL. We had seats in the main madrid stand. Before the match a tenor sang what i presume is the club anthem. The madrid fans all stood up some with tears in their eyes as they belted out this operatic hyme to the majesty of madrid. When the singer finished and the madrdilos where sittting back in their seats up popped a tottenham fan behind us and bellowed
' you're just a shit chas and dave
Shit chas and dave
You're just a shit chas and dave'

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom