Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Vertonghen emotioneel: "Had niks met zijn toekomst te maken"

Jan's agent saying:
The fact that José Mourinho exchanged him so early struck the former Ajax player. "Vertonghen was worried, but things are already going much better", ageny De Mul told Het Laatste Nieuws. "This had nothing to do with his future. It was made too big in my eyes. Jan was just disappointed at the time of his replacement. About his performance, about that of the team. He still wants to get good results with Spurs after a difficult start - a Europa League or Champions League ticket, or in this case, winning the FA Cup - he is 32, but he is still so ambitious - he wants so much - for example, the European Championship is a super priority. He wants to play at the highest level as long as possible in a top competition, not take it easy. He is still very hungry. "

De Mul does not mind that Vertonghen showed his emotions. "It is difficult for Jan to hide that, but that is just the way he is." According to De Mul, also a former Ajax player, it does not mean that he wants to leave. The defender has an expiring contract. "He is still very happy with Tottenham and feels great in London. Jan has settled his life there. There is no question that he will lose his motivation. He has a lot of respect for Tottenham. And on the other hand Tottenham is very respectful on to us. That makes sense after almost eight years. There is a strong connection. "

Saw this in the standard,
"Footage of Vertonghen celebrating either Lucas Moura’s equaliser or Heung-min Son’s winner from the penalty spot by twice slamming his substitutes’ jacket into the ground suggested his mood had soon turned from resignation to frustration"

Anyone seen/got this footage? I don't know what they're on about. I watched him walk around the pitch and take his seat on the bench but naturally was not looking at the bench when we scored our goals.

Edit: seen it above now.

"Footage of Vertonghen celebrating either Lucas Moura’s equaliser or Heung-min Son’s winner from the penalty spot by twice slamming his substitutes’ jacket into the ground suggested his mood had soon turned from resignation to frustration"

Anyone seen/got this footage? I don't know what they're on about. I watched him walk around the pitch and take his seat on the bench but naturally was not looking at the bench when we scored our goals.

Pretty sure the footage is his reaction to Son being taken down for the penalty.

When it's then he then celebrates with Ndombele.

Celebrating in frustration? .....Weird comment.

Back
Top Bottom