Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa (A) (16/02/20) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If both are fit, Lloris plays........

Having him between the sticks is the single most important thing for us during the run in.

Gazza is back up, and when Lloris leaves or retires, we'll get another number 1 in.

What on Earth did you see today that gave you ANY confidence in Lloris? He has been a great keeper for us over the years but he looked genuinely clueless and frightened today

And a huge slice of luck but yes he was on his toes when the Villa defender made his mistake which all great players should be. Took his goal very well with what must have been heavy legs.
Luck definitely all the time. And I guess I forgot to mention the focus and will to win and not give up

No mate I think Gazza is now a better option. All goalkeepers make mistakes- after all Lloris was injured after a horrific clanger against Brighton which certainly wasn’t his first howler of the season. But Lloris looked like a frightened rabbit caught in the headlights today with no presence whatsoever. He should have come for both crosses that led to Villa’s goals and appears more and more glued to his line. I am not saying Gazza is great but at least he has a bit of time to get better and become more rounded as he isn’t that experienced and perhaps with good coaching he will develop. Lloris is in decline
To be fair, both keepers are poor

First goal Lloris should easily claim. Second is a bit fuzzy but in my view dead center on the 6 yard line the keeper should be getting a fist to that.
Keeper has to measure the probability of a goal if he comes off his line vs the probability of a shot (and saving the shot) if he stays on his line. The first goal is horrific... even if toby doesn't score an own goal, lloris has no chance of saving anything by standing on his line from a shot 3 yards out. Second goal isn't as bad, but still he pussied out.

Put your dictionary, you MELT!!! Like I said off to bed soft lad. Alli will be posting on Twitter soon, try not to blow your load in your pants!!

Great stuff! :llorishuh:

...Put your dictionary; what?

I don't even have a twitter account, but you keep winning frothing, champ.....

Obviously calling our players "cunt" and "prick" does you absolute credit.

Last edited:
What on Earth did you see today that gave you ANY confidence in Lloris? He has been a great keeper for us over the years but he looked genuinely clueless and frightened today
He didn't have his best - but he's saved us far more times than he's cost us.

This topic pops up all the time that Lloris is past it and then he goes on and has a blinding run.

People on here have short memories

Sterling and Vardy are both playing alright but haven’t scored in 5 or 6 games, son playing badly and 6 in 5, I think we are a bit harsh to jump in and criticise him ( me included) as I know who I would rather have in our team!

Back
Top Bottom