Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa (A) (16/02/20) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just watched the match. Not a pretty sight although I'm delighted with the outcome. But yet more questions than answers. Lloris, captain and GK???.....so hesitant, no verbal instructions to Toby. Goal absolutely down to him. And why won't he send the ball up field from a goal kick. Always rolls it to the nearest guy and that doesn't play to our strengths. Especially with Winks and Dier so weak as a combination. IMO
It's tough being a Spurs fan.

How would you know?

Lloris has been very good since he came back. Not great today, possible that conditions affected him or something else, but then the conditions for Reina were the same and was excellent.

Lloris is not just our best keeper, he will be remembered as one of our all time great keepers, because he is. He’s not perfect, but no keeper is. Just got to accept that really.

As I said I know he has been excellent for us and in my opinion the best since Ray Clemence, but he doesn’t seem to be the keeper he was anymore. Most successful teams build from the back based on a reliable keeper and I just don’t think we know which Hugo is going to turn up these days. It is nothing personal but every dog has its day and I think he needs replacing sooner rather than later if we are to progress

Just watched the match. Not a pretty sight although I'm delighted with the outcome. But yet more questions than answers. Lloris, captain and GK???.....so hesitant, no verbal instructions to Toby. Goal absolutely down to him. And why won't he send the ball up field from a goal kick. Always rolls it to the nearest guy and that doesn't play to our strengths. Especially with Winks and Dier so weak as a combination. IMO, that is the worst midfield we could have selected. Dier is finished just as much as Jan. Lumbering about like an old water buffalo. Pitiful. Shocked that it took so long to get Dier off. GLC made an immediate difference so why doesn't Mou either start him or bring him on earlier? Where was Ndombele? Have we just wasted 40 mil? Deli unspeakably awful. When I think back to the player he was 3/4 years ago.....and when did Son become so greedy? Head down, thinking he can just keep dribbling....didn't work once that I saw. And he is definitely NOT a dead ball player, especially penalties. That was one of the worst penalties I can remember. Lucas should be taking them or maybe Toby.
I thought that Atkinson actually had a decent game. Difficult to believe after all the stupid fouls from Aurier that he wasn't even carded. I was a big Mou fan when he arrived but quite honestly, his team selections are as stupid as Poch's...I'm really having some doubts now. The game could have gone either way. After the second goal, he should have brought on Japhet and GLC for the 2nd half. He gave them that goal and that last gasp mistake from Engels was a life line. Talk about luck. If we play like that against Chelski, we;re not going to win...or even draw. And I'm not looking forward to Wednesday.
Good to do some honest soul search after celebration. Agree with most of your points. Too many luck based wins. Midfield not keeping possession. Seems like the plan is long ball and win second balls. No need build up play. Am fine if that's a winning formula. But all of Jose's previous teams except Man U play better football. Maybe he needs time. Am willing to write this season off and anticipate trophies next season

You know what pissed me off the most about this game. After Toby equalises he runs off the pitch and everyone gathers around him. No you twat you've sorted out your fuck up and now the match is exactly where it was at kick off so get back to centre half and give your head a wobble you bean

Just watched the match. Not a pretty sight although I'm delighted with the outcome. But yet more questions than answers. Lloris, captain and GK???.....so hesitant, no verbal instructions to Toby. Goal absolutely down to him. And why won't he send the ball up field from a goal kick. Always rolls it to the nearest guy and that doesn't play to our strengths. Especially with Winks and Dier so weak as a combination. IMO, that is the worst midfield we could have selected. Dier is finished just as much as Jan. Lumbering about like an old water buffalo. Pitiful. Shocked that it took so long to get Dier off. GLC made an immediate difference so why doesn't Mou either start him or bring him on earlier? Where was Ndombele? Have we just wasted 40 mil? Deli unspeakably awful. When I think back to the player he was 3/4 years ago.....and when did Son become so greedy? Head down, thinking he can just keep dribbling....didn't work once that I saw. And he is definitely NOT a dead ball player, especially penalties. That was one of the worst penalties I can remember. Lucas should be taking them or maybe Toby.
I thought that Atkinson actually had a decent game. Difficult to believe after all the stupid fouls from Aurier that he wasn't even carded. I was a big Mou fan when he arrived but quite honestly, his team selections are as stupid as Poch's...I'm really having some doubts now. The game could have gone either way. After the second goal, he should have brought on Japhet and GLC for the 2nd half. He gave them that goal and that last gasp mistake from Engels was a life line. Talk about luck. If we play like that against Chelski, we;re not going to win...or even draw. And I'm not looking forward to Wednesday.

Mate , is there anything you enjoyed about the game ?

Lloris is the best GK we have. As to the mistake by Villa at the end, that's footy. Wasn't our own goal a "mistake" ? Yes some of the finishing was poor today, i think there is consensus there, but we created enough to put plenty past them.

The team selection by Jose was obviously made with a view to the days ahead. We have a couple of big games ahead. GLC and Tangaga will feature heavily. Chin up mate.

Pfft. Eric's assist for our opener knocks that one into a cocked hat.

I've waited a long time to use that simile. :D
Metaphor.
A similie would be saying something is like something.... "The sky is like death".

Similie as in similar.
How is the sky like death?
Rainclouds or some shit I suspect. You'd have to ask some poet cunt....
Similes use "like" or "as" in them
simile
/ˈsɪmɪli/
Learn to pronounce
noun
noun: simile; plural noun: similes
  1. a figure of speech involving the comparison of one thing with another thing of a different kind, used to make a description more emphatic or vivid (e.g. as brave as a lion ).

What is the kids say...?

"AWKWARD."
I thought I just did...
Err...naah!
Naahs at ten is over.
Bless you. :dierpochhug:

:dawsonlol:
Excellent sequence of precision one-touch passing* there, boys. Dier could learn a lot from you.

*that's a simile.

You know what pissed me off the most about this game. After Toby equalises he runs off the pitch and everyone gathers around him. No you twat you've sorted out your fuck up and now the match is exactly where it was at kick off so get back to centre half and give your head a wobble you bean
YAWN!!!! go play FIFA if that's what you want and skip all the celebrations. fucking hell man i'll never understand you people that get PISSED OFF about your own team celebrating a goal.

there was still over an hour left and he scored a thunderfuck of a goal, something he never does.

YAWN!!!! go play FIFA if that's what you want and skip all the celebrations. fucking hell man i'll never understand you people that get PISSED OFF about your own team celebrating a goal.

there was still over an hour left and he scored a thunderfuck of a goal, something he never does.
Firstly I wasn't "PISSED OFF" about the equaliser so not sure what you mean by "you people"
Secondly If I fuck up at work and then rectify it I don't stand there with my hand held out for a high five.

Agree.
It was relief more so than celebration as well.

starsport17.jpg

Firstly I wasn't "PISSED OFF" about the equaliser so not sure what you mean by "you people"
Secondly If I fuck up at work and then rectify it I don't stand there with my hand held out for a high five.
It's what pissed you off the most about the game, that's what you said. Not the fact we conceded or let them equalise twice, the fact that Toby bothered to celebrate his goal.
By 'you people' I mean those that want footballers to behave how you want them to behave. Especially when it comes to celebrations or showing their personality.

There's a clear difference between whatever job you have and being a Premier league footballer scoring goals.

Last edited:
Good to do some honest soul search after celebration. Agree with most of your points. Too many luck based wins. Midfield not keeping possession. Seems like the plan is long ball and win second balls. No need build up play. Am fine if that's a winning formula. But all of Jose's previous teams except Man U play better football. Maybe he needs time. Am willing to write this season off and anticipate trophies next season

5th in the EPL, last 16 of the FA Cup, and last 16 of the CL all to play for ....

The entitled bell-ends on here who think this is already a season to write-off ... Spaniel and Modder the very worst kind of fair-weather glory hunters - the pair of you are bordering on suicidal when we win, fuck knows what you did when we were shit? probably never left the basement for three decades.

Absolute load of bollocks. Fuck off back to the Emirates you gooner nonce.

We've picked up more points in the league than anyone bar Liverpool since Mourinho arrived, and you're 'having doubts'.

Off you must fuck, son. He's clearly doing a decent job, is very good tactically, and uses his subs well. Absolutely deserves a full transfer window, and pre-season to implement his stuff properly.

Poch had 5 years and you're having doubts with Jose after 5 minutes.

Piss off.

Luck based wins?

Did you see how many chances we created? Dele squandered 4 or 5, Son 2 or 3. We had several chances to put the game to bed but our strikers were off the boil (and Reina very good).

It was windy and the pitch was wet, greasy and fast. This made it hard for 'tippy tappy'. It also means defenders WILL make mistakes (Son's winning goal being a good example). Mourinho got it right.

Absolute load of bollocks. Fuck off back to the Emirates you gooner nonce.

We've picked up more points in the league than anyone bar Liverpool since Mourinho arrived, and you're 'having doubts'.

Off you must fuck, son. He's clearly doing a decent job, is very good tactically, and uses his subs well. Absolutely deserves a full transfer window, and pre-season to implement his stuff properly.

Poch had 5 years and you're having doubts with Jose after 5 minutes.

Piss off.

It pains me to agree with you!

Back
Top Bottom