Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa (A) (16/02/20) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Won't get us far anywhere. On the other hand, I can't see how we're going to keep being so wasteful in the long run. We're bound to improve in front of goal.
Nothing i would enjoy more then a goal rut for once. Bury all our chances

Another 3-2 win, had a few since Mourinho took over.
If Spurs won every game from now until the end of the season by that score line I’d gladly take that.

Mate , is there anything you enjoyed about the game ?

Lloris is the best GK we have. As to the mistake by Villa at the end, that's footy. Wasn't our own goal a "mistake" ? Yes some of the finishing was poor today, i think there is consensus there, but we created enough to put plenty past them.

The team selection by Jose was obviously made with a view to the days ahead. We have a couple of big games ahead. GLC and Tangaga will feature heavily. Chin up mate.
Many things I enjoyed. Love the 3 points. Thought Winks was outstanding. If Aurier can learn to think. he can be a 1st class WB. Lucas played his heart out. Apart from the obvious, I thought Toby was solid.I've never been completely confident about Hugo from the start.
Sanchez improving every game.
The things that got to me was the initial starters but as you rightly point out, this is the least of three games so I hope you're right about mou saving players. If Tang. GLC and Ndom are all playing. then we're going places. In my opinion, Son and Deli both need to take a good long look at what they're doing when they're in possession. And of course Harry is coming back. I think Bergwijn is a phenomenal buy and I believe that we still might have a chance at top 4. Depends on Chelsea, Wolves etc not maintaining form. I'm in front of the tv rooting for MU. Something I thought I never would. Sorry if the initial post was so negative. I have a good and positive view on the future.

Good to do some honest soul search after celebration. Agree with most of your points. Too many luck based wins. Midfield not keeping possession. Seems like the plan is long ball and win second balls. No need build up play. Am fine if that's a winning formula. But all of Jose's previous teams except Man U play better football. Maybe he needs time. Am willing to write this season off and anticipate trophies next season
Absolute load of bollocks. Fuck off back to the Emirates you gooner nonce.

We've picked up more points in the league than anyone bar Liverpool since Mourinho arrived, and you're 'having doubts'.

Off you must fuck, son. He's clearly doing a decent job, is very good tactically, and uses his subs well. Absolutely deserves a full transfer window, and pre-season to implement his stuff properly.

Poch had 5 years and you're having doubts with Jose after 5 minutes.

Piss off.
Well that's telling me! 😥

I really like you Spanners, but remind me not to go under the knife, especially if it’s you who’s wielding it.

:dierpochhug:
I like you too Joe. You're honest and don't back down. I promise you that I know a great deal more about my job than I do about football, (not difficult). If you're ever a patient, you won't be in safer hands. I have the 3rd lowest M and M rate in London. Any CV problems, feel free to PM me.

I like you too Joe. You're honest and don't back down. I promise you that I know a great deal more about my job than I do about football, (not difficult). If you're ever a patient, you won't be in safer hands. I have the 3rd lowest M and M rate in London. Any CV problems, feel free to PM me.

M&M

Manslaughter & Maiming?

No offence but who's # 1 & 2? :)

There were numerous times we broke away (and then wasted chances) numerous times we built up play and had Aurier putting in crosses....

We also played some great football yesterday and with a fit Kane we'd have walked it
No doubt we have good individual attacking players. Kane returning will help greatly. Problem is our defence.

Luck based wins?

Did you see how many chances we created? Dele squandered 4 or 5, Son 2 or 3. We had several chances to put the game to bed but our strikers were off the boil (and Reina very good).

It was windy and the pitch was wet, greasy and fast. This made it hard for 'tippy tappy'. It also means defenders WILL make mistakes (Son's winning goal being a good example). Mourinho got it right.
Villa had many good chances too. A game no one deserves to lose.

Other wins such as Southampton, Man City, Wolves, we lose possession far too easily. As I said maybe Jose needs time to get this tactics right.

Great stuff! :llorishuh:

...Put your dictionary; what?

I don't even have a twitter account, but you keep winning frothing, champ.....

Obviously calling our players "cunt" and "prick" does you absolute credit.
Can tell how much people agree & like you with the huge amounts of likes your comments get. Now do yourself a favour and fuck off little person.

Back
Top Bottom