Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Actually with Davies being back, Aurier improving performances, Sessegnon getting some playing time and having Tanganga able to cover fullback positions, I don't feel so anxious about fullback positions anymore. Now starting to think what solutions could we have in CB. Sanchez is nailed down starter, but Toby worries me a bit, and Verts is rather slow by now...

Anyway - Davies bound to get a lot of playing time most likely, and good for him (and us!)

Actually with Davies being back, Aurier improving performances, Sessegnon getting some playing time and having Tanganga able to cover fullback positions, I don't feel so anxious about fullback positions anymore. Now starting to think what solutions could we have in CB. Sanchez is nailed down starter, but Toby worries me a bit, and Verts is rather slow by now...

Anyway - Davies bound to get a lot of playing time most likely, and good for him (and us!)
Our FB positions are getting better but they've been regressing ever since 15/16 with Walker and Rose at their peak. Our right side is okay since Serge can start and Tanganga can be a back up but I wouldn't be opposed to moving Serge on and bringing in a more defensively sound right back. Might be harsh but that's just how the game is, I guess. I agree Tanganga being able to cover is great and our CBs aren't amazing right now but Japh and Sanchez could be a really good partnership with adequate full backs.

On the left, I think Davies isn't good enough for a team that wants to be top 3 in the league (after Pool and City, it should be Tottenham, at least) so I think we have needed a starting caliber left back for a while.

Again, i don't think our options are terrible, they've been worse recently, but it's a department we could significantly improve in.

Here we go.

A mistake (disappointingly) and he's bang average, shit, not good enough.

You're only as good as your last game in modern football right?

Fuck me, it was only the weekend when Lloris was getting pelters and tonight he was a 'hero'

Opinions change on Sanchez every week too. Embarrassing.

Wouldn't it have been a goal without the foul? Certainly a good chance, as good if not better than the penalty itself?

They were just better than us, rode our luck until it ran out.

The penalty moment was more something you would expect from Danny Rose, but overall Davies is a decent player for us and certainly Mourinho rates him.
Disagree. Rose would never have done that. Danny very, very rarely made such a stupid challenge in the box, even after he regressed. Danny did put his hands out occasionally but that's more of a reflex to sliding along the ground to keep balance. Didn't Davies also give away a similar pen against Juve a couple of years ago?

Back
Top Bottom