New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You know what grinds my gears...

When people want to stand but add nothing to the atmosphere. People who just stand to make a point and have no consideration for anyone else. People who stand and then try to be the big man in front of the stewards

If I had the choice, I'd stand all game. I am not one to start songs, I have to admit, but I would sing all game if we all were. But, just because you stand, it doesn't mean your adding to the atmosphere.

I sit with my sister in South upper (row 71). On Wednesday no one was standing. But two blokes insisted on standing. They were not singing or doing anything. Just standing. My sister very kindly asked them to sit. He then was rather rude to her. You know what it's like when someone disrespects your family. You don't take to kindly to it. So I gave him my opinion on what he was offering to the atmosphere and made sure I sang and clapped every song in his ear for the next 5 minutes. His mate left his sit and never returned. This guy sat for the whole game and not once got involved with 'the atmosphere'

I guess what I'm trying to say is if you want to stand then great. But be considerate to the people around you. And if you do stand, make it count.

Rant over

I think the club needs to be ruthless. Use that advanced technology, identity characters in the crowd who would clearly get something electric going and just tell certain areas with season tickets that those big boys are moving there as a collective to get shit going. That satandignarea of the south stand and the old shelf lot could be a real jewel to that place. Time the club stopped being so nice and poncy, stopped being so PC and just said fuck it, we want an atmosphere we're gonna make an atmosphere and not worry about the few it pisses off.

If they don't accept that it's for the greater good of the club they're paying to go and see them fuck'em, to put it politely.

You know what grinds my gears...

When people want to stand but add nothing to the atmosphere. People who just stand to make a point and have no consideration for anyone else. People who stand and then try to be the big man in front of the stewards

If I had the choice, I'd stand all game. I am not one to start songs, I have to admit, but I would sing all game if we all were. But, just because you stand, it doesn't mean your adding to the atmosphere.

I sit with my sister in South upper (row 71). On Wednesday no one was standing. But two blokes insisted on standing. They were not singing or doing anything. Just standing. My sister very kindly asked them to sit. He then was rather rude to her. You know what it's like when someone disrespects your family. You don't take to kindly to it. So I gave him my opinion on what he was offering to the atmosphere and made sure I sang and clapped every song in his ear for the next 5 minutes. His mate left his sit and never returned. This guy sat for the whole game and not once got involved with 'the atmosphere'

I guess what I'm trying to say is if you want to stand then great. But be considerate to the people around you. And if you do stand, make it count.

Rant over

You should have stuck the nut on him and then pissed on him when he was down.
Call yourself a man?

:dierpochhug:

We were at the front of the south east corner and there was one kid in front in front of us who sang himself hoarse. But the couple of women next to me didn't make a peep all game. I'm all for standing/singing areas, it doesn't take much to make a lot of noise, the acoustics are perfect. In my usual seat high up near the south west corner, the noise can reverberate round and I join in without being too conspicuous (not that stops me!). It's a bit of a chicken/egg situation - action on the pitch can get us going, but non action can clam us up.

Last edited:
You should have stuck the nut on him and then pissed on him when he was down.
Call yourself a man?

:dierpochhug:
It's fun you say that. A few weeks ago someone got nutted in the seat behind me. The lad involved has received a LIFE TIME BAN!!! His mate was banned for three games.

The thing is. The guy who got nutted had it coming and brought it on himself. You can't condon it but I do feel for the guy who is now banded for life.

So no, I didn't but him. But no excuse for not pissing on him to be fair

It's fun you say that. A few weeks ago someone got nutted in the seat behind me. The lad involved has received a LIFE TIME BAN!!! His mate was banned for three games.

The thing is. The guy who got nutted had it coming and brought it on himself. You can't condon it but I do feel for the guy who is now banded for life.

So no, I didn't but him. But no excuse for not pissing on him to be fair

Piss down his back & tell him its raining.

Last edited:
Whatever happened to the 1882 movement? Used to be nice in the old WHL for europe/cup games.

Any chance we can bring that back for some games? Don't know if it's the answer but might be a positive step.

Emailed the club yesterday asking about moving our season ticket seats for next season, not hoping for much luck but thought it was worth a shot anyway. Got a response this morning saying that the best option is to renew my current seat and then when the renewal period closes, information will be sent out to season ticket holders explaining the process on how to relocate and how to go about it! So it looks like they are going to be open to moving seats in the summer which can only be good news and hopefully help with the atmosphere etc

Whatever happened to the 1882 movement? Used to be nice in the old WHL for europe/cup games.

Any chance we can bring that back for some games? Don't know if it's the answer but might be a positive step.

1882-dead.jpg

Can't have been that bad .... comments in the Thai press

Nagelsmann ผู้จัดการทีม Leipzig กล่าวไว้
“It is a great stadium. I knew the fans would be loud, but I didn’t realise they would be that loud,”

I think what we forget is that the stadium is designed so the noise travels to the pitch

I sat for one game right near the touchline in the east stand and the atmosphere generated from the south stand is much louder there than if you are actually sat in it (I'm in block 322 normally - so near/where the songs normally seem to start from)

just watched that Richard Hammond programme about the NWHL, got me wondering when the pitch is rolled out into the parking area ( I expect that parking is for the players & big wigs) and they are having the other sports or pop concerts or boxing where do they park their cars & coaches ?
if you are paying top dollar for a box you must expect a parking spot ( you don't want to park a mile away or come on the train)

The club leased back a load of parking from Sainsbury's in Lillywhite House

I think what we forget is that the stadium is designed so the noise travels to the pitch

I sat for one game right near the touchline in the east stand and the atmosphere generated from the south stand is much louder there than if you are actually sat in it (I'm in block 322 normally - so near/where the songs normally seem to start from)

True, I was sat near the touchline in west for the Southampton FA Cup replay game - which was objectively speaking a very poor/flat atmosphere for most of the game but I was surprised by how loud even just the murmuring of the crowd was down there, when the crowd is actually up it must be absolutely deafening.

Good to see a few like-minded souls are trying to congregate in 248/249 in SE Corner for the Norwich game:

Good to see a few like-minded souls are trying to congregate in 248/249 in SE Corner for the Norwich game:

Got tickets in that area for that reason. Well block 250. Been my favourite section in the ground to date.

It’s close enough!

Emailed the club yesterday asking about moving our season ticket seats for next season, not hoping for much luck but thought it was worth a shot anyway. Got a response this morning saying that the best option is to renew my current seat and then when the renewal period closes, information will be sent out to season ticket holders explaining the process on how to relocate and how to go about it! So it looks like they are going to be open to moving seats in the summer which can only be good news and hopefully help with the atmosphere etc
They just want your money first. They really dont want to start moving people around.

Agree, as I thought we were quite loud on Wednesday and I was standing in row 6.

Back
Top Bottom