Spurs Youth 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loanees

Amos (QPR) - replaced Eze in 88th minute
Clarke - Unused sub
Roles (Cambridge) - Unused sub
Eyoma (Lincoln) - Unused Sub
Tracey (Macclefield) - Played 90 mins
Marsh (Orient) - Played 90 mins
Carter-Vickers (Luton) - Played 90 minutes
Walker- Peters (Southampton) - Injured
Sterling (Orient) - Still injured/not involved ?
Georgiou (Bolton) - Still injured/not involved ?

Not a great day for our loanees

Last edited:
So when was the last time Parrott or Skipp played a game of football?
I know Poch said they are paid to train but..
No games for the youth before next Saturday.

Development squad players Japhet Tanganga (squad no 39) , Oliver Skipp (no 29) and Alfie Whiteman (41) have been moved on OS on to the First Team page of players.

Before anyone asks, Parrott s still a member of 2nd year Academy!

Any of the youth-goers know if Magic Smalls is still on the books?

I know most of u16's and u15's and he's not one I know of.

What age is he approximately ? If younger very few will know unless, for example, he's been at a youth tournament with matches screened (happens infrequently)

Great name tho !

Who is he ?

Just a youngster I remember being on our books due to his great name.

I know most of u16's and u15's and he's not one I know of.

What age is he approximately ? If younger very few will know unless, for example, he's been at a youth tournament with matches screened (happens infrequently)

Great name tho !

I think he might actually be under 14s - I remember him being in the u8s just because of his unusual name and that was 2014ish?

Just a youngster I remember being on our books due to his great name.

I think he might actually be under 14s - I remember him being in the u8s just because of his unusual name and that was 2014ish?

He might come onto my radar screen in a year or two then.

It might be worth explaining that the year groups start out as being a maximum of 30 lads and as they get older the maximum decreases until at u18 its (I think) 15 lads. There's also quite a churn of youngsters, even though a hard core of ,maybe 10 start at say age 10 and get into u18's in many year groups.

Its quite difficult to get info on the kids regularly at that age, and with numbers of lads involved, just too time consuming to do.

Any of the youth-goers know if Magic Smalls is still on the books?
Didn't know he was ever on the books. A few years ago his brothers, twins Tyger and Mydas used to play in the same kids village team as a few lads I know. Apparently they just used to run every game between themselves. Would only look for their twin to pass to etc. If I remember rightly Magic (thought he would have been called Magyk) was the younger and supposedly better brother.

Development squad players Japhet Tanganga (squad no 39) , Oliver Skipp (no 29) and Alfie Whiteman (41) have been moved on OS on to the First Team page of players.

Before anyone asks, Parrott s still a member of 2nd year Academy!
[Not counting Danny Rose] I think 5 is the most Academy players we have had in the 1st team squad for donkeys?
We've had 4 quite a lot.

[Not counting Danny Rose] I think 5 is the most Academy players we have had in the 1st team squad for donkeys?
We've had 4 quite a lot.

Real test is when/whether we get to 5 or more when all those players are say 22+ and being part of the match day squads on a regular basis.

When they count as u21''s it should be very simple to get them into the first team squad as they do not take up a squad place, so 3 of them is not a big number, maybe in a years time add Parrott, Cirkin and others and providing they are involved that's great. If not involved much, need to get first team experience on loans and hopefully return experienced enough to join first team.

We've had 4 quite a lot.

Why would we not include Rose? He was 16 when we signed him wasn't he? If we can't include Rose we can't really include Bentaleb (who signed when 18)

Rose, Townsend, Mason, Bentaleb and Kane started a fair bit in Poch's first season.

Kane, KWP, Winks, Rose all starting at the Nou Camp was pretty impressive.

I can't really think of a time where we've had 5 without including Rose.

Why would we not include Rose? He was 16 when we signed him wasn't he? If we can't include Rose we can't really include Bentaleb (who signed when 18)

Rose, Townsend, Mason, Bentaleb and Kane started a fair bit in Poch's first season.

Kane, KWP, Winks, Rose all starting at the Nou Camp was pretty impressive.

I can't really think of a time where we've had 5 without including Rose.

Bentaleb we signed at about aged 16, maybe 17 tops, first saw him on trial at a youth tournament.

Rose agree.

Reality is plenty of kids most round between academies up to the age of about 16, so its a bit crazy saying X joining an academy at 12 is different from one joining at 14 or 16, they've all been trained elsewhere for a while, often from the age of 8.

For ease I stick to the UEFA definition of a Club Trained player as its an objective definition which has a practical meaning for the squads of all clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom