Heading ban.....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They already have ...footballs already been made a contact sport where no contact is allowed..triple salkos with double toe loops when the wind blows you over dont help either.

Have you seen Demolition Man?

We are heading for the dystopian future of the Cocteau plan.

I feel like Edgar Friendly standing ranting about wanting a big greasy cheeseburger, while I smoke a big fat cigar. Because that's what I want, and fuck somebody trying to tell me it isn't good for me.

This has been done in the US already, but the age apparently varies state to state. In NC there is no heading allowed at the U12 age group and younger. However in Virginia it is U11 and younger which I found out this weekend when my daughter played in Virginia and the girls were heading the ball. In NC if a ball hits the head, intentionally or not, play is stopped and it is a free kick for the opposing team.

This has been done in the US already, but the age apparently varies state to state. In NC there is no heading allowed at the U12 age group and younger. However in Virginia it is U11 and younger which I found out this weekend when my daughter played in Virginia and the girls were heading the ball. In NC if a ball hits the head, intentionally or not, play is stopped and it is a free kick for the opposing team.
Where are you in NC and VA?

Absolutely crazy.

Footballs today are so light in weight that this is obviously an over reaction by the nanny state.
The famous Spanish tippy-tappy football style is what they are after, along with the elimination of tackles - it might look good but it’s not football!

I'm in favour of it. You only have to look at the current state of Judas, Dixon, Keown, Adams and Merson to see that heading the ball leads to severe long term brain damage.
Oooo I suspect in the case of adams and merson its copious amounts of Colombian and enough booze to float, and sink, the titanic in that's had more of an effect

Back
Top Bottom