New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Our support has been on the decline for ages now- I put it down to the ageing demographic, and the fact we’re a cluster support, so many cliques.

I used to go away and to Europe a lot, but just stopped enjoying it. far too many old gits not wanting the younguns ( I say young- I was fucking 28, but young for our lot) to enjoy. I remember when we were at city 6-0. Great concourse atmosphere, had a conga leading back into the ground, and all the old boys just looked at us like we were a piece of shit. Had many a chant ‘just coz we weren’t there in ‘81’. Been punched by our own fans a few times for literally enjoying myself. Quite the solidarity.

its fucking pathetic. So may wannabes still. Not even involved back in the day, but giving it the bigun.

we have some of the worst support out there. I’d actually not support spurs if I had a choice now. Much rather a day out with proper support who enjoy other fans company.

It’s a fucking joke. Living on past glories. Tanked up, fuck this fuck that. No way would they act like that in their city lives.

this is from a bloke who paid next to nothing for his season ticket late 90’s.Phoned up, got the ticket the same day. Where was the waiting list?

wehave some of the most anti social, selfish, ageing support that the mind could imagine. Want some atmosphere? GTFO you whinging cunts. If we could do ‘youth’ price tickets, things might change. But then again, the same blokes, that all look the fucking same, have been hogging that stage for so long- do we even have independent youth support anymore, that know how to create an atmosphere?

look back at photos of the 70’s - mid 80’s. mostly teens, early 20’s, having a laugh. The same wankers now who don’t want any newbies coming through.

fuck,get so annoyed just thinking about it. Must be plenty of decent fans out there who have experienced the same and just thought ‘fuck this’

cull the grandads. South stand should be 35 and under. THEN we might have an atmosphere. Cunts
You sound like a bit of a prick.

Our support has been on the decline for ages now- I put it down to the ageing demographic, and the fact we’re a cluster support, so many cliques.

I used to go away and to Europe a lot, but just stopped enjoying it. far too many old gits not wanting the younguns ( I say young- I was fucking 28, but young for our lot) to enjoy. I remember when we were at city 6-0. Great concourse atmosphere, had a conga leading back into the ground, and all the old boys just looked at us like we were a piece of shit. Had many a chant ‘just coz we weren’t there in ‘81’. Been punched by our own fans a few times for literally enjoying myself. Quite the solidarity.

its fucking pathetic. So may wannabes still. Not even involved back in the day, but giving it the bigun.

we have some of the worst support out there. I’d actually not support spurs if I had a choice now. Much rather a day out with proper support who enjoy other fans company.

It’s a fucking joke. Living on past glories. Tanked up, fuck this fuck that. No way would they act like that in their city lives.

this is from a bloke who paid next to nothing for his season ticket late 90’s.Phoned up, got the ticket the same day. Where was the waiting list?

wehave some of the most anti social, selfish, ageing support that the mind could imagine. Want some atmosphere? GTFO you whinging cunts. If we could do ‘youth’ price tickets, things might change. But then again, the same blokes, that all look the fucking same, have been hogging that stage for so long- do we even have independent youth support anymore, that know how to create an atmosphere?

look back at photos of the 70’s - mid 80’s. mostly teens, early 20’s, having a laugh. The same wankers now who don’t want any newbies coming through.

fuck,get so annoyed just thinking about it. Must be plenty of decent fans out there who have experienced the same and just thought ‘fuck this’

cull the grandads. South stand should be 35 and under. THEN we might have an atmosphere. Cunts

Good post. I went to a gig for a 70s punk band other day. Great music. Full of old bastards. Didnt even move. Walked in, starred at the band. Walked back out. Didnt even bother move to the music.

Bit like our support

Not all old cunts are dead from the neck down, plenty still stand, shout, sing and give it 100% certainly the entire SCS do and that goes from old cunts to young bloods ... the problem is the entitled cunts who demand we score after 5 minutes, spend the entire game moaning when we don't, are to important to make fools of themselves but still complain about lack of atmosphere, you know the sort, the ones who can't wait to jump on a website to slag of players, manager, owners, club ...

Our support has grown massively (you are 100% wrong about that) but all that growth is in foreign fans who get their fix from the TV with the odd 'pilgrimage' to WHL, believe me at 5:30am Thursday after watching through the small hours the Thai fan club had real tears when we lost, they do care ...

It's the prawn-sandwich brigade of entitled woke wankers that are ruining the enjoyment, but I'm afraid that's what money does to a lot of people ...

Don't give up, otherwise the whinging cunts win ... which sadly now happens far to often

Its NOT ethnicity or race or religion or even day trippers that cause the lack of atmosphere. The pricing is locking out genuine fans and attracting wealthier less passionate fans who come to sample the atmosphere but have no intention of creating one.

Apologies! Typo

Last edited:
Its ethnicity or race or religion or even day trippers that cause the lack of atmosphere. The pricing is locking out genuine fans and attracting wealthier less passionate fans who come to sample the atmosphere but have no intention of creating one.

That and political correctness - I can remember Clash, Jam, Madness concerts where pretty much 50% of what went on would get you arrested on the spot today ... same goes for football ... we all hark back to surges on the shelf, beer rain, abuse off the worst kind and the whole 'tribal' element, pretty much do any of that in 2020 and you would be nicked and life banned ... probably smeared all over the internet as well.
So even if the new 'wealthier' fan want to get passionate he/she simply can't, back in the day there were plenty of very wealthy fans, they were some of the most outrageous atmosphere creating lunatics you will ever meet, if you've been around long enough you will know them ...

I do agree that the 'common man' whatever that means, has been priced out off a lot of things, but it's far more about society than just money - football - concerts - raves - lockins - lads holidays they are all just a pale shadow of what they were 40 years ago, we're just more 'civilised' I guess, we've all become snowflakes.

That and political correctness - I can remember Clash, Jam, Madness concerts where pretty much 50% of what went on would get you arrested on the spot today ... same goes for football ... we all hark back to surges on the shelf, beer rain, abuse off the worst kind and the whole 'tribal' element, pretty much do any of that in 2020 and you would be nicked and life banned ... probably smeared all over the internet as well.
So even if the new 'wealthier' fan want to get passionate he/she simply can't, back in the day there were plenty of very wealthy fans, they were some of the most outrageous atmosphere creating lunatics you will ever meet, if you've been around long enough you will know them ...

I do agree that the 'common man' whatever that means, has been priced out off a lot of things, but it's far more about society than just money - football - concerts - raves - lockins - lads holidays they are all just a pale shadow of what they were 40 years ago, we're just more 'civilised' I guess, we've all become snowflakes.

Yeah perhaps we are more civilised. But also the modern stadium designs dont really allow for it. If you put a terrace behind the goal and sold tickets for 20 quid a pop I guarantee the atmosphere would be electric.

The crowd is too dispersed in the new ground. The rows, the seats, the comfort. A person 20 seats away is miles away. In the old days he would have been spitting distance. This lack of density is also what causes crap atmospheres.

Yeah perhaps we are more civilised. But also the modern stadium designs dont really allow for it. If you put a terrace behind the goal and sold tickets for 20 quid a pop I guarantee the atmosphere would be electric.

The crowd is too dispersed in the new ground. The rows, the seats, the comfort. A person 20 seats away is miles away. In the old days he would have been spitting distance. This lack of density is also what causes crap atmospheres.
Completely agree and you can pin the end off terraces on Liverpool's moronic fans at Heysel and the FA's and the authorities total failure to ensure crowd safety at H'borough ... remember terraces were banned by 'civilised society' the fans (well not the Dippers) voted 75% to keep terraces and still now vote 75% to bring them back ... It's the 'civilisation' of the game, by people who've never stood on a terrace in their life, that fecked things up for the fans who loved terraces.

Modern stadiums comply with very strict H&S and Ground Regulations, I can assure you the club would happily rip out all the seats in the lower South Stand and have a massive standing end, they spent millions designing it so as to be able to do just that ... we have by far the largest "safe standing" area in the EPL as soon as the 'civilised' morons in power get around to it we will be standing ... not the whole South but a big section, and once that happens there will be more and more safe standing at grounds all around the country, that won't be the same as the 70's but it will be a huge improvement on what we have now.

Completely agree and you can pin the end off terraces on Liverpool's moronic fans at Heysel and the FA's and the authorities total failure to ensure crowd safety at H'borough ... remember terraces were banned by 'civilised society' the fans (well not the Dippers) voted 75% to keep terraces and still now vote 75% to bring them back ... It's the 'civilisation' of the game, by people who've never stood on a terrace in their life, that fecked things up for the fans who loved terraces.

Modern stadiums comply with very strict H&S and Ground Regulations, I can assure you the club would happily rip out all the seats in the lower South Stand and have a massive standing end, they spent millions designing it so as to be able to do just that ... we have by far the largest "safe standing" area in the EPL as soon as the 'civilised' morons in power get around to it we will be standing ... not the whole South but a big section, and once that happens there will be more and more safe standing at grounds all around the country, that won't be the same as the 70's but it will be a huge improvement on what we have now.

Even a quarter of the south stand by the goal would make a huge difference. Look at this, proper football match

Yet people have digs at the club for doing so:

I am not a mind reader ...

... but perhaps, just perhaps, the digs at the club are due to three very simple facts:

1) 8th wealthiest club worldwide
2) lowest football-to-turnover spending in the league, with a very wide margin to 2nd lowest
3) 2nd highest executive wage levels in the league

The numbers don't add up and the football don't add up.

Then owners are quite literally sucking the operational profits out of the club to finance the real estate developments and their own profits.

There is no, absolutely none whatsoever, reason to think that whatever revenue £20-30-40m will be injected into the FC and the football operations.

ENIC is a vampire, sucking the financial punch of the clubs size out of the FC and into owner profits as well as asset value. And this is when things are going well on the pitch and with FS operations... imagine what happens when we lose CL revenues, even european revenues, have to go into a 2-3-4-5 year transition in midtable. Do you think they will readily forfeit their own profits to reinvest in the FC operations? LOL.

... but perhaps, just perhaps, the digs at the club are due to three very simple facts:

2) lowest football-to-turnover spending in the league, with a very wide margin to 2nd lowest

Then owners are quite literally sucking the operational profits out of the club to finance the real estate developments and their own profits.

There is no, absolutely none whatsoever, reason to think that whatever revenue £20-30-40m will be injected into the FC and the football operations.

ENIC is a vampire, sucking the financial punch of the clubs size out of the FC and into owner profits as well as asset value. And this is when things are going well on the pitch and with FS operations... imagine what happens when we lose CL revenues, even european revenues, have to go into a 2-3-4-5 year transition in midtable. Do you think they will readily forfeit their own profits to reinvest in the FC operations? LOL.

The wages to turnover ratios you have seen I assume are the ones with 17/18 wages divided by this years turnover.

We are spending loads more on wages now.

The wages to turnover ratios you have seen I assume are the ones with 17/18 wages divided by this years turnover.

We are spending loads more on wages now.

Still nothing near the teams we *claim* to want to compete with and still draining the club through a shocking under-reinvestment of FC operational revenue into football spending.

As I said - the owners are stealing from the club. No 2 ways about it.

Still nothing near the teams we *claim* to want to compete with and still draining the club through a shocking under-reinvestment of FC operational revenue into football spending.

As I said - the owners are stealing from the club. No 2 ways about it.

Its literally impossible for them to 'steal' from the club - they have to publish their accounts and would go to prison for falsifying them.

1) ENIC took over a club 15th richest and moved it to 8th ... the only time in decades we've been in the top ten ... what complete and utter bastards
2) 6th highest wage bill in the EPL ... possibly 5th this year ... but hey use a ratio that makes the club look worse right? we aim at between 45-55% watch it shoot up when the figures for last year are released.
3) Levy not even averaging in the top 5 highest paid CEO's during his twenty years in charge ... just once coming in second when he had a big bonus. Jealous much?

Any troll can pluck selective data ... go away look at the entire ENIC twenty years and then try those three topics again.

There is no, absolutely none whatsoever, reason to think that whatever revenue £20-30-40m will be injected into the FC

Why not? 160m was injected in the last two transfer windows, so just what inside info do you have about the next one?

Don't like it stay away until ENIC are gone, clearly slagging them off means more to you than supporting the club, to me that's very weird but you're not alone so maybe it's a new thing. Owners come and go why get so upset?

My message was about the stadium and the digs people give about the stadium, hence it being posted in the stadium thread mate

Remember Sheffield United away in the league cup? That was the last proper atmosphere the away fans have been part of I think. Even in Ajax, I was sitting in the home end next to the away fans, I thought we were a bit shit.
Christ some people on here think Southampton recently was good, yeah it was par, nothing more.

Back
Top Bottom