Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m refusing to judge Mourinho because our team is fucking wank. We have injuries to key players, gaping holes in our squad that need filling, ’senior’ players that consistently go missing and ‘top’ players like Ndombele putting in zero effort (watch Carragher’s MOTD analysis on him and you’ll feel sick).

Reserve judgement until this time next year when he’s had a Summer transfer window and a full pre-season to instil whatever vision he has into the team. Of course, it all depends on Levy unclenching his arsehole and stumping up a reasonable amount of cash to allow improvements to the squad (which we all know won’t happen).

Is the same reason why alexis became lost at man utd.

Ndombele has the absolute talent, I'll pay to bring dembele back and play along him.

Give jonjo shelvey a shot along with demerai gray

Harvey Barnes a real talent by the way but no way Leicester letting go, I'll take Haller /kostic /

I’m refusing to judge Mourinho because our team is fucking wank. We have injuries to key players, gaping holes in our squad that need filling, ’senior’ players that consistently go missing and ‘top’ players like Ndombele putting in zero effort (watch Carragher’s MOTD analysis on him and you’ll feel sick).

Reserve judgement until this time next year when he’s had a Summer transfer window and a full pre-season to instil whatever vision he has into the team. Of course, it all depends on Levy unclenching his arsehole and stumping up a reasonable amount of cash to allow improvements to the squad (which we all know won’t happen).
And none of that Jose's fault?

Thought Jose was a top motivator, a top coach, fantastic at setting up his defence??

And yet, none of this has happened, and the style of football and the meekness shown is that to your liking?

How do you figure that?

Levy can get rid of Mourinho but who will get rid of Levy?

Lewis? That's not going to happen.
Logically speaking, if Levy pulls the trigger in the next 12 months it would expose what a massive fuck up the last three seasons have been and make his position untenable.

I'm not suggesting it will happen, because of course it wont, so keep calm.

But Levy has backed himself into a corner. He can't not get behind Jose now and will have to double down on his decision or he might actually have to accept responsibility for once.

Logically speaking, if Levy pulls the trigger in the next 12 months it would expose what a massive fuck up the last three seasons have been and make his position untenable.

But Levy has backed himself into a corner. He can't not get behind Jose now and will have to double down on his decision or he might actually have to accept responsibility for once.
I'm pretty much #EveryoneOut at the moment. :kanehand:

I have to say, I keep seeing this opinion/position posted (let’s ditch Europa and win the league or whatever) it’s a total pipe dream imho. We are so far from being a winning team that I cannot see how missing our on Europe is going to help.

it’ll likely be our best shot back into CL for the following season, so I really don’t want to miss out personally. I could see the spiral back into mediocrity accelerating if we fail even to achieve that.

I disagree.

We're missing our best players. Bring Kane and Son back for 35 league games to bang in 30 goals collectively and we'll be a hell of a lot better off than we are now.

Europa has proven to be a massive detriment to teams in the past. The scheduling is brutal with games on Thursdays and Prem games on Sunday. Often the teams you're playing in Europa are in Eastern Europe and a 2-3 hour time change away.

We need to get back to basics. Focus all our attention on the Prem, reduce the number of injuries due to fatigue and we've got a solid shot at top 4 next season.

We have had Mourinho out, Levy out, ENIC out, pretty much every player out, I am just waiting for relegation would do us good to complete the set.

I find it hilarious how everything about the club can be so bad but some people expect the Manager to make up for shortcomings both on and off the pitch.

It doesn't make any sense.

I'm still supporting Jose, but the lack of any improvement on the pitch has been staggering.

Without Kane/Son/Sissoko, if you look at our squad it's about Everton level. So ask yourself, if Jose took over Everton five months ago, would we start seeing improvements in their football? Yes, probably. We've seen no improvement whatsoever, and that has been really disappointing.

I really believe in giving a manager time, and I think we'd just invite more chaos looking elsewhere at any point before the end of next season.

But at the same time it sure seems like we're just waiting for the end of this misbegotten experiment.

Levy's position will only become untenable when Lewis decides he has to go and that's not going to happen anytime soon.

I'm still supporting Jose, but the lack of any improvement on the pitch has been staggering.

Without Kane/Son/Sissoko, if you look at our squad it's about Everton level. So ask yourself, if Jose took over Everton five months ago, would we start seeing improvements in their football? Yes, probably. We've seen no improvement whatsoever, and that has been really disappointing.

EH? :dawsonlol:

And yet we sacked Poch when it was clearly everybody's fault but his....weird world.

Exactly.

I don't think it's the manager's fault. Doesn't matter if we're talking about Poch or Mourinho.

Poch warned 10 months ago that the squad needed refreshing and that we were looking at a "painful" rebuild.

He knew exactly what he was talking about, and this is what it looks like. The fact that Kane and Son are hurt has just emphasized how bad the rest of the squad is right now.

Back
Top Bottom