Coronavirus Crisis

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we continue to have crowds at football stadiums?

• Yes

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • No

Votes: 76 81.7%

• Total voters
5G actually does need a lot more (I say "more" but I mean "any") longitudinal human safety research before being rolled out across a whole country (as we're doing for some unfathomable reason). Other countries and individual cities have banned it pending further research, which is what we should be doing. We're acting as guinea pigs with no opt-out on this one. Fuck knows why.
Will it kill our swimmers?

Most of us ( not you) clearly are guinea pigs and accepting ones at that - just read the responses - childlike or what!
I hope you're not talking about other members: I don't think they're childlike, exactly, and I don't want to be conscribed to fight a forum war over an issue that I don't deem worthy of arguing to the death. It seems like everyone here is strongly entrenched in their view of 9/11 and has no interest in countenancing a new one, which will make any further debate rather unproductive. I don't think you should be in the bin for this thread though tbf.

I'm a guinea pig too. I tried talking to my MP. I'd spoken to him before and he's actually not terrible, but he just doesn't understand science and couldn't keep up with what I was saying. It was clear that he didn't understand the issue (he didn't even know about the electromagnetic frequency spectrum) so he kept repeating the appeal to authority that "the government has decided it's safe". But, I said, other governments have decided the opposite.

It was obvious that he wasn't going to be able to effectively represent my point in the Commons, nor did he want to, so I gave up. He also couldn't point me to any sources that the government had used in reaching their unassailable conclusion. Turns out they have nothing that's not already available to scientists, which means a few inconclusive short-term human trials, worrying animal trials, evidence that non-ionising radiation can have its own troubling physiologic side-effects (contrary to the lobbyist mantra), and not a single large longitudinal human safety trial (for reference, something like this should usually require several large long-term in vivo trials).

David Icke? Oh, for fucks sake. You make it very hard to defend you and, more importantly, your ideas when David Icke is your idea of a source.

There are many, many modern intellectuals and academics who are wrongfully accused of being crackpots etc. then censored and censured for composing logically sound but sociopolitically "difficult" material. Some of them are top-tier academics: some are Nobel Prize winners (e.g. James Watson) and I've met others whose integrity and intellect I can attest to personally. I know that anything Wikipedia says about a controversial academic means nothing regarding the actual quality of their work.

But David Icke is categorically not one of the people who has been unfairly caught up in the PC cancel culture meat-grinder. He's just an actual hack. There are so many better sources you could refer to -- for treatment of any issue, honestly.

EFL leadership is going to get people killed.

Where's the reaction for "shaking my head in disbelief but thanks for posting"? Or its Twitter variant "smh fam #rt"?

Giving it a thumbs up seems rather flippant, akin to liking your mate's five-paragraph dedication to his recently deceased mother on Facebook.

What are the main fears?
tbh fam, all mobile phones are probably cooking our bollocks (literally, since NIR at that frequency has a heating effect: 5G is in the microwave range after all). 5G will just be an extra 1G more effective at frying nuts because of its higher frequency.

As a society, we kinda collectively ignored and tacitly moved on from that whole issue around a decade ago because it was inconvenient and we didn't want it to be true. For those who cared enough to investigate the biophysics, scientists tentatively comforted us with the mantra that "non-ionising radiation is the harmless kind", even though probably a minority of them ever really believed it. Now we know that NIR absolutely does have physiological effects, particularly around kinetic energy transfer and subsequent heating of nearby tissue.

Put it this way: you'd have to pay me a lot of money to start storing my current generation 4G phone in the front pocket of my jeans. And I can't see why you would pay me so I won't!

The fairest solution all round is to abandon this season. Start the next one when the worst of it is over in three months or so but make it a one off 23 team league, with no one relegated and the current top 3 in the Championship promoted. And also make a one off expanded edition of the CL, with the top 8 from the major leagues qualifying.

The fairest solution all round is to abandon this season. Start the next one when the worst of it is over in three months or so but make it a one off 23 team league, with no one relegated and the current top 3 in the Championship promoted. And also make a one off expanded edition of the CL, with the top 8 from the major leagues qualifying.
Outside of the PL, you won't get much support for that.

Back
Top Bottom