Emiliano Sala

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was mean't to be their jewel. Normally players are put in cotton wool over the slightest twinges and complaints. But what did Cardiff do, they let their saviour fly over on the cheap.

Emiliano Sala: Man charged in connection with crash​

David Henderson, 66, pleaded not guilty to offences under the Air Navigation Order in September.

Mr Henderson, from York, is alleged to have arranged the flight from Nantes to Cardiff in the single engine Piper Malibu aircraft, which lost contact with air traffic control north of Guernsey.

Keith Morton QC, representing the CAA, told the inquest hearing that Mr Henderson had been charged with acting in a reckless or negligent manner likely to endanger flights.

He is further charged with operating the aircraft commercially without the correct permissions.

Henderson convicted for organising the flight.

I would hope there are also charges pending for football agents, who you would have thought knew something wasn't right
I'm not sure about that last part. A Piper Meridian is a potentially very nice aircraft.

I don't know what would be sketchy about it as your can't expect a football agent to know all the regulations around commercial air travel.

Last edited:
I'm not sure about that last part. A Piper Meridian is a potentially very nice aircraft.

I don't know what would be sketchy about it as your can't expect a football agent to know all the regulations around commercial air travel.

Agree I wouldn't expect a football agent to be 'au fait' with all aviation regulations

But the evidence seems to be the agent were using these guys on a regular basis - and given they were moving around 'valuable/important' people I'd be surprised if they hadn't asked basic questions like 'is it legal to carry passengers on this plane' as well as 'is the plane regularly serviced' (evidence seems to be a leaking CO2 pipe into cockpit might have had a bearing on the crash.), are you insured to carry passengers etc

Agree I wouldn't expect a football agent to be 'au fait' with all aviation regulations

But the evidence seems to be the agent were using these guys on a regular basis - and given they were moving around 'valuable/important' people I'd be surprised if they hadn't asked basic questions like 'is it legal to carry passengers on this plane' as well as 'is the plane regularly serviced' (evidence seems to be a leaking CO2 pipe into cockpit might have had a bearing on the crash.), are you insured to carry passengers etc
I think all of those things you mention are much better asked of the aviation authorities and regulatory bodies that overlooked these issues and didn't enforce standards.

I know little about the service issues you're referring to, but it's hard for me to believe that an aircraft being operated in a light commercial or charter role isn't serviced very regularly.

First instalment only though.

After 3 years I would guess there would be another 2 instalments due (assuming they were spread over a 5 year player contract).

It might be legitimate to ask if Cardiff have (grudgingly) paid the first instalment to try to get out of the transfer ban that they are currently in.

Personally speaking, as its been 3 years since the transfer, I'd keep the transfer ban in place until they've paid more instalments,

I think all of those things you mention are much better asked of the aviation authorities and regulatory bodies that overlooked these issues and didn't enforce standards.

I know little about the service issues you're referring to, but it's hard for me to believe that an aircraft being operated in a light commercial or charter role isn't serviced very regularly.

From the general news on the tragedy the plane was bought and operated as a private plane (not commercial or charter) and insured accordingly

The owner and operator (the operator seems to have been Henderson periodically 'borrowing' the plane) have therefore bypassed any higher regulation regarding commercial and charter flights - but given stories of exhaust leaks into the cabin of the plane they seem to have avoided even normal private plane standards of maintenance. And its those leaks into cabin which were probably one of main reasons fir crash

Back
Top Bottom