Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It doesn’t matter why we abandoned it the fact is people keep pretending that we pressed under Poch. We didn’t for about three years so stop acting like Jose abandoned it.

You also give reasons as to why we abandoned it.
Lack of players and investment.
Good for Poch not a good reason why Jose doesn’t press?

How so? He has even less players right now and the ones left are 10% of what they were in 2017.

If Dele is near a CB and doesn’t try to get the ball off him, then wants to blame tactics that’s his fault. Lap it up like a good little lap dog mate, ditto Ndombele.

If it’s instructions, how come Moura presses non stop? How come Lamela gets stuck in?
How come Gedson and Bergwijn chase down?

Even Son when fit.....you want a team full of lazy prima donnas who think they are better than what they are, then good for you.
We pressed under Poch until he got fucked over with severe underinvestment.
We stopped the super high press. But we still had a press of some sort (even when we weren't playing well and people moaned about our lack of pressing earlier this season vs shit teams we still dominated possession) and didn't camp outside our own box against every team.
Jose has gone super pussy.

I am not expecting Jose to give us a Liverpool like press but he has enough talent to do more. It's embarassing.

Rest is waffle not worth responding to. We're parking the bus and it's clear to the world ffs sort yourself out.

Doesn’t that apply equally to Jose?

If a press is to be effective, it has to be from the front. Dele just can’t do it - those hamstring injuries have slowed him up. Harry (whisper it quietly) doesn’t really do it anymore. Sonny can.

I dunno. I’m all for judging Jose when it’s time, but the squad is such a shambles, I just can’t draw any conclusions.
Jose already has us thinking we have a squad of complete bums

It's not good enough even with the injuries

Nope... You seem to be glossing over
just how many people have been vocal about either scenario.

There are also people pissed with both parties but that's just inconvenient for the theory you're supporting isn't it.

How about the fact that both managers have shown frustration with TN....?

Nah polarising it to be a simple case of JM vs TN (or Poch vs Levy.... or AVB vs Harry) is just too easy for the binary minded.

Lol stop trying to make the bs Poch unhappy with Tanguy nonsense gain traction by casually phrasing it like that Sammy jr.

We pressed under Poch until he got fucked over with severe underinvestment.
We stopped the super high press. But we still had a press of some sort (even when we weren't playing well and people moaned about our lack of pressing earlier this season vs shit teams we still dominated possession) and didn't camp outside our own box against every team.
Jose has gone super pussy.

I am not expecting Jose to give us a Liverpool like press but he has enough talent to do more. It's embarassing.

Rest is waffle not worth responding to. We're parking the bus and it's clear to the world ffs sort yourself out.
The rest is waffle and not worth responding to?

So that means you can’t explain why Gedson, Lamela, Moura , Bergwijn and Son all try and pressure players while Dele doesn’t.

You can laud Poch for all the good tactics 4 years ago, but you are severely stupid to overlook the decline, form and eventual mess of the squad he left us with.

I'm not claiming that Dele or Ndombele are playing well. I'd rather say that all our players, maybe except Lo Celso, are playing terrible.

60 shots doesn't tell me anything. It could be howlers from 30 meters. I don't remember many clear cut chances in those games.

I'm not saying Kane and Son wouldn't add quality
6O shots and 4 just goals tells me we are missing Kane and Son.
It also tells me we are creating chances.
We don’t shoot from distance that’s half our problem sometimes .

If you agree we are missing Kane and Son then why are you praising Dele for “saying it how it is” when he claims injuries are no excuses.

We’d have more goals if Kane was in those positions he has found himself in and messed up.

Last edited:
The rest is waffle and not worth responding to?

So that means you can’t explain why Gedson, Lamela, Moura , Bergwijn and Son all try and pressure players while Dele doesn’t.

You can laud Poch for all the good tactics 4 years ago, but you are severely stupid to overlook the decline, form and eventual mess of the squad he left us with.
They are more aggressive in tackling than Dele yes. They're all stronger, shoulder barge with more gusto, stick a leg in with more conviction etc. Happy?
But as a team our pressing is pathetic because of our tactics from our bitch manager.

& Yes mate Levy did fuck us by not backing our manager.

If you agree we are kissing Kane and Son then why are you praising Dele for “saying it how it is” when he claims injuries are no excuses.

We’d have more goals if Kane was in those positions he has found himself in a messed up.
Lmao so our problem is chance conversion. So carry on playing like negative pussies against relegation fodder but just be more clinical. Right.

They are more aggressive in tackling than Dele yes. They're all stronger, shoulder barge with more gusto, stick a leg in with more conviction etc. Happy?
But as a team our pressing is pathetic because of our tactics from our bitch manager.

& Yes mate Levy did fuck us by not backing our manager.
Then if Levy fucked Poch by not investing, and that’s why he stopped pressing, why is Jose a pussy, for not pressing with even less players available to him?

You just admitted that Son, Moura, Lamela, Bergwijn and Gedson all get stuck in more than Dele and pressure the opposition.

So I guess the fact Dele doesn’t can’t be instructions then really, as claimed. Or you mean only Dele is told not to work hard, and stand there moaning at Lo Celso (who also works his arse off and presses) instead of trying to get the ball back.

If you agree we are missing Kane and Son then why are you praising Dele for “saying it how it is” when he claims injuries are no excuses.

We’d have more goals if Kane was in those positions he has found himself in and messed up.

I'm happy that Dele will put up a fight despite us missing a couple of players, opposed to some world class manager who had already given up before the Leipzig game had kicked off.

I'm also pleased to hear from an expert as yourself, that when Kane and Son are fully fit we won't miss the goal. That'll send us right back into the top 4 again?

I'm happy that Dele will put up a fight despite us missing a couple of players, opposed to some world class manager who had already given up before the Leipzig game had kicked off.

I'm also pleased to hear from an expert as yourself, that when Kane and Son are fully fit we won't miss the goal. That'll send us right back into the top 4 again?
But Dele isn’t putting up a fight on the pitch, only in an interview and you seem to to have taken it as something it isn’t.

His comments are nothing to do with pressing for one thing, and if you and Dele or anyone else thinks injuries aren’t affecting us, then I just laugh really

Lol stop trying to make the bs Poch unhappy with Tanguy nonsense gain traction by casually phrasing it like that Sammy jr.

"Casually phrasing" it?

What's that meant to mean?

The quote is there for all to read. Rightfully or not, some people had their knickers in a twist about it at the time too.

Again, too tricky to process into your binary thinking is it? Sorry about that.....

But Dele isn’t putting up a fight on the pitch, only in an interview and you seem to to have taken it as something it isn’t.

His comments are nothing to do with pressing for one thing, and if you and Dele or anyone else thinks injuries aren’t affecting us, then I just laugh really

Dele has been working his arse off the last couple of games. Unfortunately it isn't equal good performances, and I agree the flicks loosing possession are acid in the eyes.

Of course injuries have an effect, but all teams get hit from time to time. We can't just go and sit in a corner crying because some of our players are missing. So we could just as well have saved the trip to Germany, called Leipzig before and told them we wouldn't compete cos we didn't have the right players fit?

So carry on playing like negative pussies against relegation fodder but just be more clinical. Right.

Well, it *would* work.

Dele has had plenty of chances, he just hasn't been able to convert them. I'm not as hard on him in that respect; I don't think it's fair to demand he be a ruthless striker. What boils my piss is his seeming inability to hold onto the ball and give our midfield a break - he just flicks possession away.

Not easy on the eye, for sure. But when we tried to play football against Wolves and Leipzig, we got beaten by the former and battered by the latter.

I've honestly can't remember our squad ever being so depleted. Happy to be corrected, but the current line-up is ridiculous. We have so little in the way of attack that every team can push up with confidence and stick an extra body in midfield.

He flicks it because he cannot hold onto it. Doesn't have the technical ability.

He's got technical ability - remember the goal against Palace? ]

His game is about quick transition, short passes and movement. Nothing wrong with that. He's also being asked to play target man in a misfiring team. Overall I'd say he's had an ineffectual season and it's a bit worrying it's now been as long time since we've seen the best of Dele for a sustained period.

Back
Top Bottom