Tottenham v Man Utd (Friday, June 19th)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who's fit ?

Lloris (C), Aurier, Alderweireld, Dier, Tanganga, Sessegnon, Winks, Lo Celso, Lamela, Lucas, Dele, Sanchez, Gazzaniga, Ndombele, Gedson Vertonghen, Skipp, Parrott and youngsters such as Fagin-Walcott (CB), White (CM/DM, Bowden (CM/DM)……......

Can't see any of Kane, Son, Sissoko, Davies, Bergwijn or Foyth back.
Got a full squad fit
For this one now! Funny old game ! :dude:

Assuming everyone is match ready, how would you guys line up?

Think I would go:

——————Hugo———————
Tanganga Sanchez Toby Davies
———Sissoko Ndombele———
—Bergwijn Lo Celso Son—
——————Kane ——————

I’m tempted to play winks in a 3 but who do you drop? I know some would say Tanguy but I want to see what he’s like after this break.

An actual football game!
Oh, God, I need my fix this long cold turkey period is driving me mad.

giphy.gif

Think I would go:

——————Hugo———————
———Sissoko Ndombele———
—Bergwijn Lo Celso Son—
——————Kane ——————

I’m tempted to play winks in a 3 but who do you drop? I know some would say Tanguy but I want to see what he’s like after this break.

I read somewhere that in training Sissoko was being asked to do a lot of crossing. Given Mourhino's previous comments that he doesn't see Sissoko as a CM that might suggest Sissoko is being lined up as the RB.

And in turn I'd suggest that Winks might be the man to partner Ndombele for this match, although in some matches (especially playing every 3rd day) I imagine Skipp might get chances,

I like Bergwijn but think Dele may come in to play off Harry again, which allows Bergwijn to come off the bench.

Truth to tell with a large(ish) squad and a game every 3 days, I suspect there's got to be a lot of rotation and use of the 5 subs.

Lloris, Gazanigga
Sissoko, Aurier, Sanchez, Alderweireld, Tanganga, Vertonghen, Dier, Davies, Foyth
Winks, Ndombele, Gedson, Skipp
Bergwijn, Son, Lo Celso, Dele, Sessegnon, Moura, Lamela
Kane (Parrott)

Quite a large squad, and u23's such as Cirkin, White and Bowden might all be called upon if necessary

Think I would go:

——————Hugo———————
———Sissoko Ndombele———
—Bergwijn Lo Celso Son—
——————Kane ——————

Size wise you mean

If he’s not in good shape by now get rid

I read somewhere that in training Sissoko was being asked to do a lot of crossing. Given Mourhino's previous comments that he doesn't see Sissoko as a CM that might suggest Sissoko is being lined up as the RB.

And in turn I'd suggest that Winks might be the man to partner Ndombele for this match, although in some matches (especially playing every 3rd day) I imagine Skipp might get chances,

I like Bergwijn but think Dele may come in to play off Harry again, which allows Bergwijn to come off the bench.

Truth to tell with a large(ish) squad and a game every 3 days, I suspect there's got to be a lot of rotation and use of the 5 subs.

Lloris, Gazanigga
Sissoko, Aurier, Sanchez, Alderweireld, Tanganga, Vertonghen, Dier, Davies, Foyth
Winks, Ndombele, Gedson, Skipp
Bergwijn, Son, Lo Celso, Dele, Sessegnon, Moura, Lamela
Kane (Parrott)

Quite a large squad, and u23's such as Cirkin, White and Bowden might all be called upon if necessary
Isn't the Sissoko stuff about him seeing him more as a RW than a CM?

When Jose got here he played him out wide as an attacking midfield in a 4-2-3-1.

When Jose got here he played him out wide as an attacking midfield in a 4-2-3-1.

He used to tuck in and cover Serge from CM..... I wouldn't call that a wide-AM.

The crossing stuff is from this week.

Agree Mourhino (pre covid) saw him more as an RM rather than as CM.

We have quite a lot of cover at RM/RW but less options at RB, so it wouldn't be a surprise to see Sissoko as a RB alternating with Aurier, or even being preferred to Aurier given his error rate.

Yeah he had a good game against Bournemouth going forward. I really wouldn’t be surprised to see him moved on in the summer as Mourinho likes Lucas and now we have Bergwijn for the right. He played well in that position though and I reckon Mourinho might try him there again in these games.

I don’t think he’s good enough in central areas on the ball and not sure Mourinho does too. Our results picked up when he was out the side so I’d be tempted to move him on as it’s the last chance we could get a good fee for him.

With 9 games within a short period and players not match fit we are going to need the squad. Believe playing the first match Friday night rather than Monday will be an advantage allowing more rest before second match. Whilst Sky never do us any favours, they do MU and so hopefully will happen. That match is the most important as we need to close gap on them and should play strongest team. Need to start players that are known to be able to perform for 90 mins which might exclude Ndombele but the likes of Dele and Sissoko have shown they can play for 90 mins. I know we may have lots of sub options but do not want to start a player that will need to come off.

Back
Top Bottom