Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Except that the UK is the only country who seems to think that's the way forward.

You can be contagious for some days before you have the symptoms, that's the big problem.

But hey, keep calm and carry on, Dunkirk spirit and all that.

Edit:

Seems like the message is slowly sinking in. Your Prime Minister, a few minutes ago::

"Now is the time for everyone to stop non-essential contact with others and to stop all unnecessary travel. We need people to start working from home where they possibly can. And you should avoid pubs, clubs, theatres and other such social venues. "

So I win.

giphy.gif

So now you're ignoring the message and completely contradicting what you said earlier...

Everyone knew Mourinho was a bad idea, his brilliance faded out at real Madrid. He has not been the same since ... only levy is arrogant enough to think he was the right man to replace poch, who i still believe got shafted with the under investment in the squad ...why do people still trust levy to make football decisions he clearly has no clue, and totally got lucky with poch. Then shafted him and sacked him, we need people in charge who know football like man city have begerestein.....
giphy.gif

Question: I believe a big reason we have underperformed is that our current coach came in mid season. However this excuse can only go so far.

What I’m trying to say is that when the season restarts and “the machine still doesn’t tick” after 2 weeks of TRAINING + the run in period before the first match I don’t see why a pre season would have the opposite effect?

(Granted the conditions of a pre season tour are better than this situation but I think a pre season is mostly about having time, which they now have too.)

Let me put it in arbitrary numbers to explain:

Now we play at 60% of the maximum-Jose-level-of excellence.
I don’t believe that if we can only manage to get to 70% after 2 weeks of training + 2 weeks of training before the first match of the restart, that another 4 weeks of pre season would get us to 100%.

Back
Top Bottom