Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If the club is in financial turmoil (which most clubs at that level are due to the pandemic it will). They enabled a rule that said that the players can only stay on if they agree to reduced salaries to ensure the continued operation of the club. If the player refuses their contract can be terminated.

The PL and Champo are looking at doing the same thing.

They being the Swiss league?

They being the Swiss league?
Yup.

Norway have also taken these measures that I know of. Multiple Bundesliga clubs have also had their players refuse to receive their salaries in order to ensure that the regular staff receive their pay. Gladbach being the most notable.

Amiens in Ligue 1 have also frozen their players salaries.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...chelsea-willian-aubameyang-gunners-sell-star/

Willian is understood to be demanding a three-year deal which matches his current £120,000-a-week salary.

Cash-strapped Woolwich are reluctant to tie themselves to such a long-term agreement for a player who will be 32 in August.

But Willian’s agent Kia Joorabchian has become an increasingly influential figure at the Emirates over the past year.

He also represents the Gunners’ technical director Edu — and negotiated the signings of David Luiz and the on-loan Cedric Soares.

Gunners boss Mikel Arteta knows he will now almost certainly have to sell skipper Aubameyang this summer.

The £60m Gabon striker is about to enter the final year of his Emirates contract — and has rebuffed all the club’s efforts to extend his stay.

Barcelona have made Brazilian midfielder Philippe Coutinho, 27, and French forward Ousmane Dembele, 22, available for swap deals this summer. (Telegraph - subscription required)

Chelsea were interested in Coutinho but are now targeting Bayer Leverkusen and Germany midfielder Kai Havertz, 20. (The Athletic - subscription required)

West Ham United could be forced to sell England midfielder Declan Rice to fund a squad overhaul, with former club Chelsea and Manchester United interested. (Telegraph - subscription required)

Woolwich have also been linked with 21-year-old Rice, who is rated at £70m. (Sun)

United are willing to sell two midfielders - France international Paul Pogba and England's Jesse Lingard, both 27 - to fund a move for Sancho. (Sun)

https://www.90min.com/posts/newcast...ka-jovic-with-Woolwich-also-keen-01e7afawctem

Exclusive - Newcastle and West Ham lead the way among a number of Premier League clubs to have asked Real Madrid about the availability of Luka Jovic.

The 22-year-old striker has been restricted to cameos since signing for Real in the summer, playing 90 minutes just once all season.

Atletico Madrid midfielder Thomas Partey, 26, has made it clear he would like to go to Woolwich and is hoping a deal can be struck between the clubs, with 28-year-old France forward Alexandre Lacazette moving as part of the deal. (Telegraph)

Former Aston Villa forward Nii Odartey Lamptey has warned Partey against a move to England. The Ghana international is also wanted by Juventus and Inter Milan.(Standard

"There are numerous offers coming for Thomas Teye Partey but his career will take a nosedive if he doesn’t choose his next move well,” Lamptey told Ocean 1 TV.
The country and league he will pick will determine his future. I will advise him to stay in Spain rather than going to England or Italy.

“Per style of play, he can move within Spain and join another top club rather than focusing on the financial gains to move out of the country because that can be suicidal.

Partey's agents apologise for Woolwich, Man Utd Instagram transfer post

“Sometimes, decision making can destroy your career. My move to England was a wrong one for me.

"Aston Villa was a wrong move because their style of play was not going to suit me. If I had gone to France or Spain at that time, it would have helped my career more than going to England.

https://www.football.london/Woolwich-fc/players/mesut-ozil-Woolwich-transfer-news-18232109
"Mesut has a one-year contract. There will be no change in this regard," Sogut told beIN Sport via Fanatik. "So what happens next, time will show.

Back
Top Bottom