If the season isn’t completed........(Now with Poll)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If the season isn’t completed.........

• Declare the season null and void

Votes: 131 65.8%
  • Finish the season no matter how

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • End the season in the current positions

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • Award the league and champions league to Spurs.

Votes: 34 17.1%
  • Stop Liverpool being crowned champions just for a laugh.

Votes: 49 24.6%
  • Give all the prize money to Billy.

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
If they play 38 games then of course they get the title. They are the rules of the league.
But since you are all about humanity and asking the dippers to look into the mirror and who cares about trophies etc, why should it matter it anyone if a team that is 2 games away from a 38 game season to win the title gets given it. In reality this is all about being spiteful and hoping the voiding means we get CL again. I dont mind people being spiteful or selfish. Just that theres no need to hide it because I also think its hillarious if they get screwed.

Not me. Season is disrupted and tainted by death so quite frankly I wouldn't give a fuck if it meant Spurs being denied. Would be just typical I'd think. More important shit. And fuck just handing Liverpool anything. They haven't won shit mathematically and should not be given any special dispensation - nor would many dippers want it that way. 'And keep status quo for the rest'. You're talking utter bollocks.
Lies.

But since you are all about humanity and asking the dippers to look into the mirror and who cares about trophies etc, why should it matter it anyone if a team that is 2 games away from a 38 game season to win the title gets given it. In reality this is all about being spiteful and hoping the voiding means we get CL again. I dont mind people being spiteful or selfish. Just that theres no need to hide it because I also think its hillarious if they get screwed.

Couldn’t give a flying fuck about the CL either.

Let’s play your game. Liverpool get the title. Then what. Void the rest of the league? You think that’s going to work?

Couldn’t give a flying fuck about the CL either.

Let’s play your game. Liverpool get the title. Then what. Void the rest of the league? You think that’s going to work?
Best thing would be to finish the season obviously if possible.
But if some want to void the league due to 'humanity' , giving out the title means absolutely nothing to any other team's position and shouldnt matter to anyone. The only reason someone would be against giving out the title is to be spiteful. And theres no need to hide it under the guise of 'humanity'. Its transparent to see.

Best thing would be to finish the season obviously if possible.
But if some want to void the league due to 'humanity' , giving out the title means absolutely nothing to any other team's position and shouldnt matter to anyone. The only reason someone would be against giving out the title is to be spiteful. And theres no need to hide it under the guise of 'humanity'. Its transparent to see.

When did I say anything about humanity? I think this league is purely financial. That’s it.

And if you think they can just “give” the title to Liverpool then you are quite naive.

When did I say anything about humanity? I think this league is purely financial. That’s it.

And if you think they can just “give” the title to Liverpool then you are quite naive.
They dont have to 'give' it . They can just decide the title based on points. All this chat is probably void though. They will most likely try to finish the season behind closed doors. Far too much money involved for them not to try.

We arent 2nd, we arent even close. Yet it matters to you so much that the title does not get given because you want to be spiteful. Yes I know exactly how you think. Done and dusted.
Christ you're thick. I know we aren't 2nd - it's hypothetical - signified by my use of the word 'if' you doughnut! I don't care if Liverpool win the league - means fuck all to me. I care about a level playing field for all and the integrity of the league. And who's voiding the league because of 'humanity'? It's about practicalities and time constraints.

Either somehow play the whole thing out, or void it completely. You just seem to want to give Liverpool some token gesture and sod everyone else - utter nonsense. Plus, a portion of scousers wouldn't even want to be given the league that way.

Christ you're thick. I know we aren't 2nd - it's hypothetical - signified by my use of the word 'if' you doughnut! I don't care if Liverpool win the league - means fuck all to me. I care about a level playing field for all and the integrity of the league. And who's voiding the league because of 'humanity'? It's about practicalities and time constraints.

Either somehow play the whole thing out, or void it completely. You just seem to want to give Liverpool some token gesture and sod everyone else - utter nonsense. Plus, a portion of scousers wouldn't even want to be given the league that way.
Nice try. Your pettyness got sussed and now you are agitated. Jog on.

If they play 38 games then of course they get the title. They are the rules of the league.
This is the point overlooked by folk talking about declaring champions. The leagues own rules clearly state "the full completion of a thirty eight game season, or words to this effect. After all the hot air, agendas and tears, this season will be voided. It's not about fair , it's just the simple application of the pre agreed rules. When you look at W.H.O and government advice about distancing and airborne contamination you clearly see the idea of completing without fans indoors still won't happen. It's done it's when not if.

Last edited:
This is the point overlooked by folk talking about declaring champions. The leagues own rules clearly state "the full completion of a thirty eight game season, or words to this effect. After all the hot air, agendas and tears, this season will be voided. It's not about fair , it's just the simple application of the pre agreed rules. When you look at W.H.O and government advice about distancing and airborne contamination you clearly see the idea of completing without fans indoors still won't happen. It's done it's when not if.

If ventilators are running low, people are dying and staff in the NHS are totally swamped playing professional football will make no sense.

The problem is all clubs are going to be feeling this financially. Not sure if they need to finish to get the money owed for finishing place.
Sure some lawyers are rubbing their hands together right now.

Interesting read. Some clubs are well and truly fucked.

Thanks for the share. This is interesting.

If this is the catalyst for the football bubble bursting then it may go back to the old days of a handful of clubs with all the financial clout and the rest. Looking at those charts shows me that a certain team in London will be well placed to be in that heavy hitting group.

Of course a lot will depend on how things play out. If the season doesn't get finished (sucked in dipper cunts) then the TV money may be less for the next season that actually goes ahead due to risk. Alternatively we have Amazon who are waiting in the wings ready to pounce who will keep BT/Sky/Bein somewhat honest.

Very interesting to see how this plays out. I do hope the whole Champo gamble practice is curbed but we all know it won't without harsher penalties including point deductions.

People are arguing on a Spurs forum that Liverpool should have special dispensation that is unprecedented in the 132 seasons of First Division football my God what has the world come to.

People are arguing on a Spurs forum that Liverpool should have special dispensation that is unprecedented in the 132 seasons of First Division football my God what has the world come to.
No I am arguing that this whole 'oh if it were spurs I'd want it all voided because its been tainted by death' nonsense is just a lie. It is being spiteful and I dont mind it. If the title gets given or not given doesnt make a difference to me and shouldnt make a difference at all to anyone else since none of the clubs were in the race. What I found low was people trying to hide their spitefulness behind 'look at the lives being lost'.

Back
Top Bottom