Football Finance Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Couldn't find the FIFA corruption thread so......

Probably nothing which hasn't been reported in the media, but these are now in the indictment papers (ie prosecution charges).

Still wondering if the Quatar world cup will go ahead if the voters for it on FIFA committee get convicted....

Last edited:
Couldn't find the FIFA corruption thread so......

Probably nothing which hasn't been reported in the media, but these are now in the indictment papers (ie prosecution charges).

Still wondering if the Quatar world cup will go ahead if the voters for it on FIFA committee get convicted....

Qatar's defense is quite simple. Please demonstrate a single world cup that was NOT awarded on the back of bribes.

Like the Olympics, the world cup is awarded to the country that would provide the largest financial benefit, for the country's development, the companies involved to profit and the decision makers.

I could tell you some very interesting stories about the UKs bid for the 2012 Olympics and those that profited significantly from it.

Gordon Taylor on the radio this morning ... Jesus, what a wanker he is.
Any sympathy for professional footballers drains away with every word out of his mouth. If I was the PFA I would get him off the airwaves as soon as possible.
A massive reality check for footballers would be one positive out of this whole thing.

Gordon Taylor on the radio this morning ... Jesus, what a wanker he is.
Any sympathy for professional footballers drains away with every word out of his mouth. If I was the PFA I would get him off the airwaves as soon as possible.
A massive reality check for footballers would be one positive out of this whole thing.

Hasn’t he point blank refused to lower his £2.2 million salary in light of the current crisis?

I had no idea he was on that amount

Qatar's defense is quite simple. Please demonstrate a single world cup that was NOT awarded on the back of bribes.

Like the Olympics, the world cup is awarded to the country that would provide the largest financial benefit, for the country's development, the companies involved to profit and the decision makers.

I could tell you some very interesting stories about the UKs bid for the 2012 Olympics and those that profited significantly from it.
Not much of a defense... Everyone's at it doesn't make something legal.

Hasn’t he point blank refused to lower his £2.2 million salary in light of the current crisis?

I had no idea he was on that amount
I wouldn't be surprised, that is what he said about the players ... "contracts are sacrosanct".
After all this time the only thing he could say was say was that the players would "play their part", whatever that means, and that they are already doing 6 hours a week of activities in the local community, so nobody should point the finger at them.
They should have replaced him with Brendon Batson decades ago, muppet.

I wouldn't be surprised, that is what he said about the players ... "contracts are sacrosanct".
After all this time the only thing he could say was say was that the players would "play their part", whatever that means, and that they are already doing 6 hours a week of activities in the local community, so nobody should point the finger at them.
They should have replaced him with Brendon Batson decades ago, muppet.

I thought I read a while ago that he was standing down but maybe I was mistaken

swissramble.blogspot.com/2009/10/power-corruption-lies.html

Old but good critique of Jack Warner through the ages, and of the FA taking the England team to Trinidad & Tobago to get their support, with Warner's hand in the till again.

Back
Top Bottom