Coronavirus Crisis

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we continue to have crowds at football stadiums?

• Yes

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • No

Votes: 76 81.7%

• Total voters
Good to know players are concerned any pay cut would be detrimental to the tax take and thereby the NHS. I’m sure they will now be abandoning any tax avoidance schemes they currently use.

One of the reasons I’m glad not be back at the Lane at least I don’t sit close to this tosser anymore he always had the hump with Lennon, Ekotto, Huddlestone, Rose

If he didn’t seem too thick to have studied at university I’d have thought he had a Masters in Cuntology.

He certainly seems to be an expert on the topic.

There’s going to be another meeting on Friday between the EPL clubs regarding what to do about this season.

One suggestion is to finish the season by the end of June, playing as many games as possible and accepting that not all fixtures will be completed.

Seems like a daft idea. Best case scenario is that the teams have a couple of weeks to get match-fit, then a month to play matches. However, it’s highly unlikely that the season will restart in three weeks, even with games behind closed doors. That would still be at least 50 people gathering together for non-essential events.

Even if they can get a few more games in, what about the games that cannot be played? You could have two teams fighting relegation, with one team beaten by the top 5 and another still due to play the top 5 in their last few games. Cutting it short simply wouldn’t be an accurate reflection of the season. That’s not even considering some teams playing less home games than others.

I think they should finish the season with a giant 5-a-side tournament in the MK Bowl, Brutal Deluxe style... 20 teams enter, one team leaves.

There’s going to be another meeting on Friday between the EPL clubs regarding what to do about this season.

One suggestion is to finish the season by the end of June, playing as many games as possible and accepting that not all fixtures will be completed.

Seems like a daft idea. Best case scenario is that the teams have a couple of weeks to get match-fit, then a month to play matches. However, it’s highly unlikely that the season will restart in three weeks, even with games behind closed doors. That would still be at least 50 people gathering together for non-essential events.

Even if they can get a few more games in, what about the games that cannot be played? You could have two teams fighting relegation, with one team beaten by the top 5 and another still due to play the top 5 in their last few games. Cutting it short simply wouldn’t be an accurate reflection of the season. That’s not even considering some teams playing less home games than others.

Season could be finished with 7 games played.

Liverpool awarded title

City excluded. Awarded 2nd place.

Play off comp for the 3 champions league spots. Top 6 contenders chosen.

Leicester (3rd) vs Tottenham (8th) or Woolwich (9th)
Chelsea(4th) vs Sheffield (7th)
United(5th) vs Wolves (6th)

** Woolwich have game in hand. Need a play off to determine who qualifies for the champs league palyoff game.

Same thing done with the bottom half of the table, with the bottom 6.

Really not that keen on football returning 'behind closed doors'. I'd probably watch our matches, but others would be too boring to keep me interested.
I tried watching the Juve v Inter and just couldn't maintain an interest - it was odd and a bit crap... it kind of made you realise it is just 22 men running after a ball and it isnt more important than that... I don't want that in my life.

Listening to the Spanish football podcast and their plan is to start in June but no fans... Barca are insisting no fans this year - wouldn't put it past them CGI'ing the fans in but you may as well watch Fifa on PS4.

This may (i doubt it) make the owners / PL realise how important fans are when selling football here and overseas and change their attitude... or make the fans realise they do have power.

tenor.gif

The Eredivisie have put Ajax forward to go directly to the play-offs of the Champions League, with AZ playing in the second qualifying round of the Champions League. Third-placed Feyenoord go straight into the group stage of the Europa League with PSV and Willem II qualifying for the second qualifying round for the competition.

Good to know players are concerned any pay cut would be detrimental to the tax take and thereby the NHS. I’m sure they will now be abandoning any tax avoidance schemes they currently use.

Saying that big tax avoided Gary fucking Barlow on TV raising funds for NHS..wanker.

Back
Top Bottom