Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The team that beated Man Utd and won the Champions League - and the Europa League, and two portuguese leagues, and I don't know how many local cups and supercups - was:

Vitor Baía; Paulo Ferreira, Jorge Costa, Ricardo Carvalho and Nuno Valente; Costinha, Pedro Mendes, Maniche and Deco; Carlos Alberto and Derlei.

He didn't spend anything in this team.
You might want to check your facts.

You do know, unlike a lot on here, Jose had jobs previous to Porto?

You might want to check your facts.

You do know, unlike a lot on here, Jose had jobs previous to Porto?
I wasn't being literal. Of course he spent "something". You look at his team, however, and you have all the facts you need to understand my point. His attacking players were Carlos Alberto and Derlei. I'm from Brazil... A few years after Jose and neither of them would play for a decent club over here, never mind Europe.

About his clubs before Porto, only two: Benfica for a couple of months and Leiria, as I mentioned.

I wasn't being literal. Of course he spent "something". You look at his team, however, and you have all the facts you need to understand my point. His attacking players were Carlos Alberto and Derlei. I'm from Brazil... A few years after Jose and neither of them would play for a decent club over here, never mind Europe.

About his clubs before Porto, only two: Benfica for a couple of months and Leiria, as I mentioned.
Not a dig at you, the jobs before Porto mate honestly.

I get we all hope history repeats itself with Jose. But giving it the big "success at every club" (again in general, not you) means nothing to me until he dones something at Spurs.

The irony is, Spurs fans bumping their gums over a successful Chavs manager.

The proof of Jose is in the pudding and so far any fan who thinks Jose has done anything at our club is blinded or deluded.

Not a dig at you, the jobs before Porto mate honestly.

I get we all hope history repeats itself with Jose. But giving it the big "success at every club" (again in general, not you) means nothing to me until he dones something at Spurs.

The irony is, Spurs fans bumping their gums over a successful Chavs manager.

The proof of Jose is in the pudding and so far any fan who thinks Jose has done anything at our club is blinded or deluded.
Just to be clear, I didn't want him in the first place.
But he's here and I'll get behind him

Plus all the twenty odd trophies he’s won
tumblr_mr3b54edkE1qbynzfo1_400.gif

As should we all

If anyone doesn’t they’re not Spurs imv
That's true, but we need something to get behind.

The shit standard of football and the meek surrenders to Norwich and Leipzig inspire nothing.

Barring four matches of a bounce (against admittedly weak teams) and a one of result against City, what, honestly, makes you want to believe so heavily in Jose. And don't say because of previous, what he did at Chavs and Real aren't relevant to us. We're not in their moneypants league.

Never realistically considered Mourinho would ever agree to join us and so did not have a view until he was appointed. I never considered he produced boring teams like George Graham did and his record at different teams is clearly good. The biggest problem with him was how he fell out with players that always led to him leaving. However I think that is what happened to Poch. I am still cautiously optimistic he can bring us success and think changing direction so soon could work out worse. He retains my support but I am far from convinced.

The shit standard of football and the meek surrenders to Norwich and Leipzig inspire nothing.

Barring four matches of a bounce (against admittedly weak teams) and a one of result against City, what, honestly, makes you want to believe so heavily in Jose. And don't say because of previous, what he did at Chavs and Real aren't relevant to us. We're not in their moneypants league.

Give him some signings he wants and a decent pre season with what he has and we can win things
He wasn’t my choice but I’m Spurs and want us back at the Top where we belong!!
COYS

Hard to blame him that much. He tried winning games with the old park the bus instead when Son and Kane werent around. Unfortunately the likes of Toby and Jan are old and nowhere near good enough to keep clean sheets anymore.

Do you think it's fair to distrust him after half of a crazy - and unfinished - season? Without a pre-season, without weeks between matches - how many full weeks of training we actually had under Jose? Five? Less? And, of course, without some big players in the process.

I agree that his past doesn't matter right now - that includes his three years at Man Utd as well. But it's not fair to judge him by the (lack of) standard showed against Leipzig. He needs time and conditions to deliver a good one.

COYS

Last edited:
Hard to blame him that much. He tried winning games with the old park the bus instead when Son and Kane werent around. Unfortunately the likes of Toby and Jan are old and nowhere near good enough to keep clean sheets anymore.
And yet he gave Toby that crazy contract that basically makes him a first choice defender.

Isn't that a red flag in so many ways. That Jose is putting trust in a failing force and that there is little hope in getting the necessary player in to replace Alderweireld?

Give him some signings he wants and a decent pre season with what he has and we can win things
He wasn’t my choice but I’m Spurs and want us back at the Top where we belong!!
COYS
Everyone says "Give him the signings he wants"

Do you, honestly believe he will get the players he wants??
Do you honestly believe Poch got the players he truly wanted?
Or do you believe the transfers are decided by a committee where ultimately the manager is given the choice of Yes, take him or No, you will not only miss out on him, ut also potentially anyone else?

If anyone thinks Bergwjin was a Jose signing, I'd be utterly shocked, apparently we tracked him since we played PSV.

Which begs the question, did we watch PSV play against us, and somehow manage to mistake Lozano for Bergwjin?

Or do you believe the transfers are decided by a committee where ultimately the manager is given the choice of Yes, take him or No, you will not only miss out on him, ut also potentially anyone else?

If anyone thinks Bergwjin was a Jose signing, I'd be utterly shocked, apparently we tracked him since we played PSV.

Which begs the question, did we watch PSV play against us, and somehow manage to mistake Lozano for Bergwjin?
Poch wanted berahino as a major signing once correct? I think if there is a committee that decides transfers they did a good job on the whole from stopping the fraud pochettino signing some absolute shockers

Jose isn’t stupid and knows that there will be limitations especially now but if he can get a couple of players that would fit in better with his system and have a decent pre season with the injuries clearing up I’m confident that we’ll be a force to be reckoned with like we were with Poch but this time José will get us over the line!!
That’s the difference
And we would have won the CL final with him in charge imv
He would never have risked Kane from the off

Back
Top Bottom