Which Tottenham Player Has Done Way Better Than Expected

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Carrick. I thought he'd be all right but he really impressed. Always remember him in a Woolwich away game - bossed it and we should have beaten those cunts.

Wanyama obviously. Crying shame - why can't we have a dominant DM for more than a year or two? Cursed position

Current spurs players that ended up better than I thought they would when they first came on the scene at Spurs would have to be Alderweireld, Rose, Dele, Son & Kane.

Ones I expected more from.....Aurier, Foyth, Lamela, Lucas. Don’t get me wrong all are decent additions but I think each of them have a hell of more potential than they’ve demonstrated whilst with us so all have to be seen in such a light in my eyes. Ndombele risks being out in the latter section which startled me as he possesses all the talent you could hope a club like Spurs would sign. Big shame I forgot it doesn’t work out for him.

Agree with most of what has been posted. One I would add is Crouch. Thought he was utter crap but he did a good job, scored some crucial goals in big games and worked very well with VDV.

Bale and Dembele although I would also add Keane.

Dembele came well regarded but was supreme and it was just a shame about the body.

Bale just became a star from a very shaky start and that surprised.

Keane was a very welcome surprise. Proper striker in so many ways. Mercurial talent.

It's actually hard to remember back to expectation and then the reality so a bit skewed probably.

Bit of a controversial one probably but I think Ben Davies has to fall into this category, not so much because he has been fantastic, but because he has been a solid performer for a number of years and was very much a bit part player in the deal between us and Swansea. Don't think anybody had a second thought about the bloke when he arrived but has turned out to be important for us over the years.

Not sure how this can be anyone but Kane unless it's literally just signings and not any player we first had an opinion on. He went from promising youth striker who was scoring goals for fun at youth level, to a bit part player occasionally played outwide to one of the best striker in the clubs history.

Not sure how this can be anyone but Kane unless it's literally just signings and not any player we first had an opinion on. He went from promising youth striker who was scoring goals for fun at youth level, to a bit part player occasionally played outwide to one of the best striker in the clubs history.
I thought he was better than Pav at 18 tbh.

1-4 yes.
5-6 no. They did great but I was expecting that.
But Naybet a good call. Probs one of our best ever signings. He changed the team/ethos maybe?
Corluka didn't impress me much at City, if anyone definately knew Berbatov was going to be that good before he signed or even after the first season they must have watched a lot of German football.

Think Naybet helped Ledley an awful lot, wasn't expecting him to be so good at his age tbh, would have loved to have seen more of him in his prime.

Corluka didn't impress me much at City, if anyone definitely knew Berbatov was going to be that good before he signed or even after the first season they must have watched a lot of German football.

Think Naybet helped Ledley an awful lot, wasn't expecting him to be so good at his age tbh, would have loved to have seen more of him in his prime.
Absolutely.
I really liked Corluka at City and in internationals.
I hadn't seen anything of Berbs but I was expecting a lot (our record signing at the time?) and wasn't disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom