Player's you have met

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In no particular order
Roberts
Hoddle
Perryman
Ardiles
Villa

And a young CB we had for a while, we were having a kick about in the park and he was a mate of a mate. He joined in but very tentatively. He didn't run and as soon as he got the ball he passed it on. Can't remember his name but I think he made a few 1st team appearances... Could of been Tuttle?

In no particular order
Roberts
Hoddle
Perryman
Ardiles
Villa

And a young CB we had for a while, we were having a kick about in the park and he was a mate of a mate. He joined in but very tentatively. He didn't run and as soon as he got the ball he passed it on. Can't remember his name but I think he made a few 1st team appearances... Could of been Tuttle?
David Tuttle. Scored on his debut in the cup winners cup. He went to Millwall

Just remembered.

When I was a kid, I met an old lad that was our keeper, either during the 2nd World War or just after.
I think he might have been a backup but have no idea of his name

Clive Allen. He was helping out at a Martin Allen soccer school many years ago (probably around 1995) when both of my kids were there. I chatted to him for a while and he was a really nice guy.

I met Chas and Dave (and the drummer bloke) in a pub in Kenilworth once.

Does this count?

PS. They were fantastic blokes, we talked music, Spurs, and Everton. 👍

Mr P (obvs!)
Gary Mabbutt, what a lovely, genuine guy he is.
David Howells and Clive Allen, both on a train to a game, but not at the same time.
Very happy to chat and share memories.
John Moncur was friends with the guy who used to give me a lift to WHL and we dropped him off at a game one Boxing Day game.
Was in Peter Pan's playground at Southend with my two year old nephew and noticed a very tall, blonde, handsome guy, looked like vikingesque - then I realised it was actually our Erik the Viking. He hadn't been with us that long, and think he was a bit surprised that anyone recognized him. We had a photo and he was so nice.
Only met Daveed at Player of the Year dances and book signings, but women just melt in his presence, he is that gorgeous, he knows it but a real charmer.
Sat at a dinner table with Ray Clemence, Terry Fenwick and Razor Ruddock, they were quite funny and entertaining, TBF, as can't always be easy to spend a few hours making small talk with people you don't know.
Met John Gorman and Ian Moores in Malta, as they were staying at the resort where my mum worked. John was very friendly and chatted away with him and his wife, whereas Ian was a lot quieter (probably couldn't get a word in edgeways), think he was a bit shy.
Keith Burkinshaw in the Supporters club in Malta a couple of years ago - what a gent and had some great stories.
Last but certainly not least was Chris Houghton, he was the friend of a work friend's boyfriend. Again, such a lovely guy too.
Would have loved to have met disco Benny, he seemed to be quite an intelligent and down to earth guy. Also Martin Jol would be high on my list, what we did to him still leaves a sour taste, but he still loves us - what a man!

I forgot to add that when we went to Steve Archibald's pub in Bethnal Green for my birthday, his dad called him up and we had a long chat, great guy.
I've been very lucky to have these memories, didn't realise how many I had met until now.
In a few years time, would love to chew over the fat with Poch but not yet, still too raw.

Mr P (obvs!)
Gary Mabbutt, what a lovely, genuine guy he is.
David Howells and Clive Allen, both on a train to a game, but not at the same time.
Very happy to chat and share memories.
John Moncur was friends with the guy who used to give me a lift to WHL and we dropped him off at a game one Boxing Day game.
Was in Peter Pan's playground at Southend with my two year old nephew and noticed a very tall, blonde, handsome guy, looked like vikingesque - then I realised it was actually our Erik the Viking. He hadn't been with us that long, and think he was a bit surprised that anyone recognized him. We had a photo and he was so nice.
Only met Daveed at Player of the Year dances and book signings, but women just melt in his presence, he is that gorgeous, he knows it but a real charmer.
Sat at a dinner table with Ray Clemence, Terry Fenwick and Razor Ruddock, they were quite funny and entertaining, TBF, as can't always be easy to spend a few hours making small talk with people you don't know.
Met John Gorman and Ian Moores in Malta, as they were staying at the resort where my mum worked. John was very friendly and chatted away with him and his wife, whereas Ian was a lot quieter (probably couldn't get a word in edgeways), think he was a bit shy.
Keith Burkinshaw in the Supporters club in Malta a couple of years ago - what a gent and had some great stories.
Last but certainly not least was Chris Houghton, he was the friend of a work friend's boyfriend. Again, such a lovely guy too.
Would have loved to have met disco Benny, he seemed to be quite an intelligent and down to earth guy. Also Martin Jol would be high on my list, what we did to him still leaves a sour taste, but he still loves us - what a man!
Daveed makes men melt in his presence also. A beautiful man

When I was about 10/11 (25 years ago or so)met Steve Perryman at an airport with my dad.. Had no idea who he was other than he was an ex Spurs player. He was on his own and sat and chatted to my dad for a good twenty minutes, was an absolute gentleman. My dad also met Chris Waddle when he was managing Burnley at a hotel they were staying at on their pre season tour. Again he said he was a great bloke.. Met Darren Anderton at a game a few years ago at Wembley on my way out with my eldest boy. Took a picture of them, got across to the Frankie and Benny's opposite Wembley and pulled out my phone. Looked at the picture and I had taken it off the ground :mourcry:

Well, played in same football teams as Harry Kane and Andros Townsend so those.

David Beckhams parents used to live in the round next to mine and me and a few mates met him and got his signature in the 90s sometime.

Well, played in same football teams as Harry Kane and Andros Townsend so those.

David Beckhams parents used to live in the round next to mine and me and a few mates met him and got his signature in the 90s sometime.
Would you have said that Harry was going to turn out the player that he has then?

When I was about 10/11 (25 years ago or so)met Steve Perryman at an airport with my dad.. Had no idea who he was other than he was an ex Spurs player. He was on his own and sat and chatted to my dad for a good twenty minutes, was an absolute gentleman. My dad also met Chris Waddle when he was managing Burnley at a hotel they were staying at on their pre season tour. Again he said he was a great bloke.. Met Darren Anderton at a game a few years ago at Wembley on my way out with my eldest boy. Took a picture of them, got across to the Frankie and Benny's opposite Wembley and pulled out my phone. Looked at the picture and I had taken it off the ground :mourcry:
Shaggy is a nice bloke.

Jermain Defoe,
Paul Robinson,
Martin Chilvers,
Jermain was a great bloke, had a selfie with him.
....oh and Anthony Gardner....
:levyeyes:
Strangely I never met Robbo when he was at the lane. But about,18 months ago I was working away in knaresbrough Yorkshire and at night go for a few shants and who's stood at the bar but England's number one.
He lives there now and said he loved his time at spurs. Bought him a couple of pints and spent about two hours chatting spurs. Top man

Back
Top Bottom