Player's you have met

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can't begin to explain how much the apostrophe in this thread title offends me.

I think some of you English folks purposely fuck with your own language just to test us provincials.

I can't begin to explain how much the apostrophe in this thread title offends me.

I think some of you English folks purposely fuck with your own language just to test us provincials.

There’s an American forum I’m on that has a thread called ‘What, are you listening too?’

Does my head in. It was probably started by Trump.

Spoke with George Best on the phone when I was a kid, met Gazza at my aunt and uncles wedding (he was in the bar in the same hotel the reception was, let me nutmeg him bless him, what a legend), had a couple of drinks with Ledley King at my mates wedding, he’s good friends with him but it was the first time we were ever meeting as my group I know him through are different to the group he knows Ledley through. Served Defoe a few mineral waters at the sports bar I used to work where he’d come and play pool once every now and then and met Carrick in Edwards where in my drunk state I told him he needs to get forward a little more.

Old man was a cabbie so knew Mickey Hazard and used to get us tickets to the games through him. Overall I’ve been pretty fortunate when it comes to meeting footballers, in particular Tottenham boys.

Me at the front in the black tie with my cousins, brother, sister and Gazza, if only I was fully able to appreciate the footballing icon he was back then:

13006546_10154121976036797_4040491707108261750_n.jpg

I met Dele Alli and his mrs (tidy) after we beat Gillingham 5-0 at the Lane, and Harry Redknapp at an opening of a bookies on the Isle of Wight.

Non Spurs players - David Dunn in Solihull, Danny Simpson when I worked in Lanzarote (absolute pisshead, shagged 2 girls in the bar toilets and missed his flight home) and Niko Kranjcar whilst he was at Portsmouth (the week before he scored against England to stop us qualifying for the Euro's.

On a trip over about 20 odd years ago after a uefa game in George Grahams days met most of them.
I went to the players lounge/bar after game , my English 2nd cousin had contacts with a player .
Most English ones being honest dudes were pretty thick , goalkeeper Walker was an example he was with father .
Ginola stood out polite , interesting , rounded , spent 40 mins at a table with him.

I met Dele Alli and his mrs (tidy) after we beat Gillingham 5-0 at the Lane, and Harry Redknapp at an opening of a bookies on the Isle of Wight.

Non Spurs players - David Dunn in Solihull, Danny Simpson when I worked in Lanzarote (absolute pisshead, shagged 2 girls in the bar toilets and missed his flight home) and Niko Kranjcar whilst he was at Portsmouth (the week before he scored against England to stop us qualifying for the Euro's.
Non Spurs players? Have met Woolwich cunts David Seaman and John Hartson before.

Played against Nick Barmby, Ian Walker and Clive Allen. Used to see Sir Bill most Saturdays when he used to park in the school at home games, always said hello to us. Saw David Howells at Lakeside lol Played against Chris Hughtons brother, Henry lol Used to see Paul Konchesky quite a bit at our Sunday morning football clubhouse.

Been in Faces when Sheringham andJohnnie Jackson were in there.

Not sure if going to watch them train counts, but my dad used to take us to see Spurs train at Cheshunt in the 80,s. You could just walk in, was superb.
Used to see Ted Ditchburn, he had a sportshop in Romford everyone used.

Met Ledders. I agree he was quiet but had time for a chat.

Also met Harry Kane in selfridges when Villas Boas was manager, so he wasn’t well known to anyone outside us spurs fans at the time. I went over and said hi and he was quite shy. I think he was shocked to be recognised. All I said was something inspiring like “keep going and you’ll get your chance”. Didn’t even get a photo as his then girlfriend came over from paying at the till.

Little did I know my words would have such a motivating effect on him!

Non Spurs.

I met Tony Adams on a ferry to Ireland, after he'd retired and had sorted himself out. Had a little bit of a chat.
He seemed decent enough.

*runs off to wash mouth out with concentrated bleach.

Also non Spurs
When I was @ 10 or 11 my cousin was on school boy books with QPR.
We regularly had a kick about with the Wilkins boys, Dean, Steve and Graham.
Ray would pop down very occasionally, a really, really top bloke to a snotty nosed Herbert.
May he rest in peace

Non Spurs

Drove up to some traffic lights next to Ray Parlour

It was the morning of the 5 1 thrashing in the Carling Cup Semi Final

Told him we were going to smash them , he replied it was a great chance for us

And we did!

Alfie Conn, Steve Sedgley, Paul Stewart, Gary Linneker, Graham Roberts Mickey Hazzard,
Justin Edinburgh.
David Ginola sort of. He and the rest of the team were on the coach stopped at the traffic lights at East Ham town hall on their way to Upton Park. Me and my mates were in the pub opposite. The spammers fans were giving 'friendly banter' towards him, against my mates wishes I walked out the pub walked to the edge of the kerb, got on my knees and did the worship bow at him. He laughed and acknowledged me, all the spammers fans just looked at me and realised me and mates were Spurs. Didn't have no trouble though. Well not before the game 😉

Back
Top Bottom