Which Tottenham player did you want/hoped would do well.....but didn’t.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thought it was him? Yes minded he was much younger and was a star turn when he rocked up! Was there not a double signing from or had played for QPR Gerry Francis connection. Mind mid 90s we had some bang average players did we not sign some guy from Ipswich as well that had promise.
Jason Dozzell utter turd bar man city away when he scored two.
His brother is very game and used to go with the Ipswich mob

I can't agree with that, it was only after his brother was murdered that he became poor. IMO, of course, I thought he did a pretty decent job up to then.

It wasn’t - the kidnapp took place before even signed and he was putting very shoddy performances before his death. He dined off a couple of top performances and the fact that we had been desperate for a DM for so long. His passing was absolutely shocking as well - I didn’t think I would see a worse passer than Edgar Davids but Palacios managed to achieve.

It wasn’t - the kidnapp took place before even signed and he was putting very shoddy performances before his death. He dined off a couple of top performances and the fact that we had been desperate for a DM for so long. His passing was absolutely shocking as well - I didn’t think I would see a worse passer than Edgar Davids but Palacios managed to achieve.
Fair enough, each to their own.

He held his own pretty well did he not? Did his bit to get us to the CL that season I can’t remember why we sold him to fecking Stoke! his form may have dipped

Stephen Pienaar...

Massive for Everton. Thought the transition to an even better team would see him blossom even further..... Barely left a mark. Never bounced back either.

Really?

2008–2012Tottenham Hotspur17(0)
2009Ipswich Town (loan)8(4)
2010Galatasaray (loan)14(0)
2011Racing Santander (loan)16(5)
2012–2013Mallorca29(6)
2013–2015Villarreal57(12)
2015–2018LA Galaxy77(26)
2019–América21(2)

Always looked weak and ineffective especially for Spurs. God knows why we hype up foreign players so much because I can remember the excitement when he joined but as is often the case with these foreign players they often disappoint and Dos Santos was no exception

Jason Dozzell utter turd bar man city away when he scored two.
His brother is very game and used to go with the Ipswich mob

Couldn’t agree more. Dozey Dozzell was one of the worst signings ever for us and yet I always remembered him as doing well against us prior to us signing him. To call him a cart horse was an insult to cart horses

Always looked weak and ineffective especially for Spurs. God knows why we hype up foreign players so much because I can remember the excitement when he joined but as is often the case with these foreign players they often disappoint and Dos Santos was no exception

Anticipation, a will for them to succeed; I don't think it's so much that they're foreign as it is that they're ours.... Be that an import, a player from down the pyramid or from our academy (obviously when players arrive with a track record from within this league expectations can be more tangible.....).

Ruel Fox. Always seemed to look the bees knees against us for Norwich and did well for Newcastle. When he came to Spurs for some reason he seemed to lose all his pace and a lot of his trickery.

Stephen Pienaar...

Massive for Everton. Thought the transition to an even better team would see him blossom even further..... Barely left a mark. Never bounced back either.

I actually think he did rather well for us. Came in as a squad player and played well. He was not expected to be a first team regular.

And he cost 3m....and we sold him for 5m.

Win Win

Back
Top Bottom