Come here to laugh at Nu-Castle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just saw the news; been living under a rock.

If this goes through it may be the last straw for me. There is already so much blood money in the game to make one sick, but this would be the icing on the cake.

I was trying to find examples of Geordie contributions to culture but it turns out all the people I came up with are from Durham. So I am now on board the fuck them train.

Viz, Andy Cap and that shitty ale.... Literally that's it.

No wonder a re-boot is being welcomed.

Saudi-Upon-Tyne or Arabia-Upon-Tyne.... Has there been a fan poll yet?

My distaste is aimed at everything to do with the club.. Not one person should be allowing this to happen..
In the 'proper' days, there would have been protests from the fans, but traditions and morals have gone.

How will the club benefit? you'll be owned by vile murdering scum, if that's a benefit, I have no idea what a negative is.

Then take it up with the Premier League, the FA, Mike Ashley, the Government. As they're the ones with the power to stop it. The fans are bystanders. We should have a say in who owns our club, and that's true of every fanbase, but we don't so lets not pretend that we do.

The region will benefit from investment, much like the area around the Etihad have benefited from Mansour's influence.

Not able to be objective? More cobblers from someone that (to be polite) is being the very definition of selective....

BURN: Ashley
YAY: Treacherous Arab takeover

You're falling way short on all this Rafa stuff but whatever; when it comes down to it I have no dog in that fight.

Still, you stick to this 'a little LBGT awareness will make everything sweet' trip you're on..... I've no doubt you'll be sleeping like a baby.

I'm not falling way short, with the Rafa stuff, I'm just informed.

Don't be precious.

Also the area around city's ground is so much better. They have rejuvenated the whole area. The city fans I know aren't that bothered about this seasons failings as they remember being in the 2nd division not really that long ago. They are over the moon at what they have achieved over the last few years. I get the argument you should stop supporting your team if they have immoral owners. But some people are loyal & will support their club no matter what until their dying day. Those people couldn't stop supporting the club they love even if they wanted.

There will be Newcastle fans who can't stomach supporting the club because of the new owners. Of course there will be, and fair play to them. I think most fans take the view that the ownership is a transitory thing, that the potential new owners will be gone before they are.

I also think that there are people who supported other clubs that will hate Newcastle if they're owned by Saudi Princes, Staffordshire Bellends, or Narnian Kings. At least being owned by offensively wealthy people with ambition, we might have some success to go along with the partisan hatred.

Then take it up with the Premier League, the FA, Mike Ashley, the Government. As they're the ones with the power to stop it. The fans are bystanders. We should have a say in who owns our club, and that's true of every fanbase, but we don't so lets not pretend that we do.

The region will benefit from investment, much like the area around the Etihad have benefited from Mansour's influence.

Don't be precious.

There will be Newcastle fans who can't stomach supporting the club because of the new owners. Of course there will be, and fair play to them. I think most fans take the view that the ownership is a transitory thing, that the potential new owners will be gone before they are.

I also think that there are people who supported other clubs that will hate Newcastle if they're owned by Saudi Princes, Staffordshire Bellends, or Narnian Kings. At least being owned by offensively wealthy people with ambition, we might have some success to go along with the partisan hatred.

I don't really need to "take it up" with anyone. I'm giving my opinion of how vile this takeover is and here is as good a place as any to give that opinion..

What’s with oppo fans coming on here wanting to be understood, agreed with and clasped to the THFC bosom? Use your own fucking forums.

You're falling way short in qualifying rafa to be this heroic figure he was made out to be.... As I keep pointing out; nothing that Bruce couldn't have done and Rafa achieved nothing more than him once he arrived back in the EPL.

Don't be precious.

Pfffff... You're the one who keeps coming back to an oppo fan forum seeking some form of validation....

Never was a WCW fan...... :cool:

Last edited:
I hate this bunch of cunts a bit like Liverpool. Deluded wankers who think they have some kind of mystical romantic entitlement to glory. But they’re total gash. Newcastle is the most overrated city in Britain too. I’ve got quite a few friends from up that way. It’s a great night out of you‘ve never been anywhere else. Stinks of deprivation and desperation. They all wear so much makeup you don’t know if you’re talking to a 18 year old or a 64 year old. All incoherent babbling baboons anyway. Have I made my point? I hate the fuckers.
My first time in Geordieland I asked for a double rum and coke at the bar and was met with a puzzled face. Apparently triples and quadruples are the standard drinks, and in fact were cheaper than a single or double mixer. I checked the drinks menu and they weren't lying.

Well as I had my half pint of rum and one shot of coke, a friendly gentleman asked me to fight. He was genuinely friendly and tried to persuade me it was a good idea. He kept calling me a virgin to try and wind me up. I was 17 at the time so I guess he thought that insult might be the only thing that could get me angry. To be fair, he said he knew a "good spot" round the corner. I politely declined his offer but he bought me a beer and he ended taking me and my pals to another bar. Fortunately he was so drunk that he didn't get in and we had a decent night. Never seen so many middle aged people completely out of it in one place.

You're falling way short in qualifying rafa to be this heroic figure he was made out to be.... As I keep pointing out; nothing that Bruce couldn't have done and Rafa achieved nothing more than him once he arrived back in the EPL.

Bruce failed to get Aston Villa Promoted, with a bigger spend. So Benitez did do something Bruce couldn't.

Since then Bruce has had Newcastle playing some of the worst football in the league, born out by stats. Under Benitez, we may have played negatively, but we played that negative style well.

I can't explain it any clearer than that.

I don't really need to "take it up" with anyone. I'm giving my opinion of how vile this takeover is and here is as good a place as any to give that opinion..
It is vile that Human Rights abusers can buy an English football club. No disagreement here.

Bruce failed to get Aston Villa Promoted, with a bigger spend. So Benitez did do something Bruce couldn't.

Since then Bruce has had Newcastle playing some of the worst football in the league, born out by stats. Under Benitez, we may have played negatively, but we played that negative style well.

I can't explain it any clearer than that.

It is vile that Human Rights abusers can buy an English football club. No disagreement here.

You still here, "precious"? :mourfacepalm:

Back
Top Bottom