Spurs Youth 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting.

Dane Scarlett is one of Spurs best prospects in the u16's and , we hope, next seasons Academy Year 1, having already made a handful of appearances for u18's this season. Also plays for England youth groups and usually their first choice centre forward.
My son made the video for him. He’s in contact with quite a few young players around London.

Theres a player called Jez Davies who came from either orient or Crawley. He looks a decent player

My son made the video for him. He’s in contact with quite a few young players around London.

Theres a player called Jez Davies who came from either orient or Crawley. He looks a decent player

Interesting.

Jez Davies made a few appearances for Orient u18's about a year ago - I'm guessing on trial as it was only a few games - seemed to be playing as a winger.

I couldn't make out the logo on his top - do you think its a cockerel ? Has he been on trial at Spurs u18 ?

Interesting.

Jez Davies made a few appearances for Orient u18's about a year ago - I'm guessing on trial as it was only a few games - seemed to be playing as a winger.

I couldn't make out the logo on his top - do you think its a cockerel ? Has he been on trial at Spurs u18 ?
Definitely played for us. I’m not sure if it was on trial or signed though ( I’ll try and find out. )

Definitely played for us. I’m not sure if it was on trial or signed though ( I’ll try and find out. )

Thanks for that.

I cant recall him ever playing for Spurs at u18 level in a scheduled match, so I'd guess he's played at u16 level for us ? But it was a year ago he played for Orient u18's so it doesn't seem logical he would have played for Spurs u16's this season ?

If he did play for Spurs at u16 level that would suggest he will be part of the new intake for Academy Year 1.. I guessed his position as being a winger from the Orient team - be interested if that could be confirmed too.

Getting to that time of year when we start to hear via social media who has been offered and accepted scholarships to become next seasons first year academy. Likely youngsters are :

Aaron Maguire (GK) (E u16, has played for Republic of Ireland)
Adam Hayton (GK)
Jordan Hackett - Valton (CB/LB) (E u16)
Ben Watt (CB) (E u16)
Ferdinand Okoh (CB/DM)
Oliver Turner or Max Hudson (both LB)
Dante Casanova (Mid and FB)
Khalon Haysman (Mid)
Hamed Abdel-Salam (Mid) - But may have left to join Reading
Roshaun Mathurin (winger - like J'Lloyd Bennett)
Renaldo Torraj (Winger) (Albanian u16 ?)
Dane Scarlett (Striker) (E u16)

So that would be an intake of 12 youngsters, not an unusual size.

Hackett, Casanova, Mathurin and Scarlett have all appeared for Spurs u18's so far this season - usually another sign they will be offered a scholarship - and they plus Maguire and Watt are probably the best players in the squad. Worth seeing who else plays u18's before the end of the season

Hackett, Mathurin and Scarlett were also included in Spurs youth UEFA League squad showing the club think they are very good players in their positions,

Historically we sometimes lose a couple and gain a couple before the players sign their scholarships.

Looks like our Academy Year 1 for next season are being sorted out.

Ferdinand Okoh a decent CB/DM but at CB for u16's we have Jordan Hackett and Ben Watt who have been England youth regulars for a few years - Hackett has been captain recently - who we'd prefer in next seasons Academy intake so Okoh is off to another PL academy.

Might make the rumours of Jez Davies coming to Spurs more credible - think he plays at DM but also RB/RW.

Last edited:

Excellent news to get these two signed up - possibly the best 2 of the likely next seasons Academy Year 1 players.

Hackett is a LB/CB and has captained his England year group a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom