Juan Foyth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’ve also said he needs to go out on loan and learn to eradicate his mistakes with another team. Both Poch and Mourinho tried to get the best out of him but he let them down or wasn’t as good as other options.

He may be argentina’s starting right back but that’s only because of a lack of options. I saw a couple of his games and he didn’t look that special, let alone their best player.
You obviously did not see the international match where he got best on ground then!

Are people still deluding themselves over this guy? He's not a top class footballer in any position. He'll have done very well if he blag a move to a mid table La Liga club and we'll have done well to make our money back on him.

Should have been given a go at CDM I thought...
I don't think this will happen now with Poch gone
His future at the club always hinged on Pochettino it seems. He was a Poch project from day 1. Which makes it weird that even under Poch he only received limited minutes.

Has a potential fee been mentioned?

Some reports say we're offering Foyth, which sounds a bit like

'Here, you can have him'

although I know that won't be the case.

I don't think Foyth is good enough, he doesn't inspire confidence and if we can get our money back on him then I'll probably settle for that.

But I would be very surprised if Barcelona would be interested in signing him.

At this point I'd rather see Foyth start then Alderweireld
Alderweireld has been nothing short of average this season and apart from his passing , Foyth could probably do better because Alderweireld's concentration has been SHOCKING this season.

Not much of a "story" but ..

A Leeds source has told Football Insider the club are aware of the availability of Foyth, who has been well known to countryman Marcelo Bielsa since he took over at Elland Road two summers ago.

Leeds could make a move for him when the window opens if they secure promotion to the Premier League.

Bielsa is likely to be in the market for at least two senior centre-backs, with Ben White set to return to Brighton when his loan expires at the end of the campaign.

A Leeds source has told Football Insider the club are aware of the availability of Foyth, who has been well known to countryman Marcelo Bielsa since he took over at Elland Road two summers ago.

Leeds could make a move for him when the window opens if they secure promotion to the Premier League.

Bielsa is likely to be in the market for at least two senior centre-backs, with Ben White set to return to Brighton when his loan expires at the end of the campaign.
As long as they'd pay a reasonable price for him then I'm fine with it.

Get rid and re-invest in someone better

At this point I'd rather see Foyth start then Alderweireld
Alderweireld has been nothing short of average this season and apart from his passing , Foyth could probably do better because Alderweireld's concentration has been SHOCKING this season.
I knew right away who that disagree was from...

I think that this is a player who if coached in the right way could be fantastic. He has loads of quality but lacks experience that can only be gained from getting game time. I admit he made rash challenges and errors of judgement when coming into the team but I think if we let him go to another team that develops him we will regret it in the future. It is no fluke that he has played almost as many times for Argentina than he has for us. Maybe send him on loan somewhere but don’t sell

Back
Top Bottom