Come here to laugh at Nu-Castle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why can't I quit you?

The easiest way is through the exit door.

Maybe you can frequent an LBGT forum instead.... I'm sure once you break down the newfound motivation behind your support you'll be welcomed with the utmost warmth.

:mourthumb:

What’s with oppo fans coming on here wanting to be understood, agreed with and clasped to the THFC bosom? Use your own fucking forums.

We have a couple of Spurs fans who regularly post on Grand Old Team, generally sound.

Just put me on ignore, as most of my posts are sheer drivel.

I mean really the fans shouldn’t have to.

The Premier League and British Government should have already made public a statement of intent for blocking this but their silence speaks a thousand words.

In this world it’s fine to order a hit on a dissident so long as you keep buying arms from the nations you want to conduct business in.

The whole situation is abhorrent. If this goes through then I hope the world turns its back on PL football. In this country at least, the grassroots game could use the support.

...British Government should have already made public a statement of intent for blocking this but their silence speaks a thousand words.

This would be the British Government that only stopped the sale of arms to Saudi Arabia because it was forced to due to the Court of Appeal deeming it unlawful.

Don't hold your breath.

She's absolutely right to use this to raise this topic. It's embarrassing for me that there are some Newcastle fans reacting to this poorly.

Tell you one thing that is weird, there've been a few Saudi propaganda accounts appear on Newcastle side of twitter. One "woman" in particular tweets relentlessly through the day about the takeover and how wonderful Saudi Arabia is. "She" reacted to Hatice Cengiz' open letter with an implication that Khasoggi' son disagrees etc. It's obvious that the account is a propaganda tool but you've still got thirsty twitter dads trying to schmooze on her "her".

(@katestewart22 if you fancy a look)

I mean really the fans shouldn’t have to.

The Premier League and British Government should have already made public a statement of intent for blocking this but their silence speaks a thousand words.

In this world it’s fine to order a hit on a dissident so long as you keep buying arms from the nations you want to conduct business in.

The whole thing is abhorrent, but fans still have a part to play.

The whole situation is abhorrent. If this goes through then I hope the world turns its back on PL football. In this country at least, the grassroots game could use the support.

Indeed.....

Why would you This Fish This Fish agree with this post?

You've already decided you won't oppose the takeover and that all it takes is declaring "Yay! Gay rights mater" and your conscience will be clear.

She's absolutely right to use this to raise this topic. It's embarrassing for me that there are some Newcastle fans reacting to this poorly.

Tell you one thing that is weird, there've been a few Saudi propaganda accounts appear on Newcastle side of twitter. One "woman" in particular tweets relentlessly through the day about the takeover and how wonderful Saudi Arabia is. "She" reacted to Hatice Cengiz' open letter with an implication that Khasoggi' son disagrees etc. It's obvious that the account is a propaganda tool but you've still got thirsty twitter dads trying to schmooze on her "her".

(@katestewart22 if you fancy a look)

The absolute cheek of you! :pochunimpressed:

It is very hard to square the circle. The following 2 statements are probably both true:

- MBS is the nearest thing Saudi has to a progressive reformer.
- MBS almost certainly authorized the murder of a journalist.

"Come beack when you are fully reformed and fuck off with your sports-washing in the meantime"

The whole thing is abhorrent, but fans still have a part to play.

Indeed.....

Why would you This Fish This Fish agree with this post?

You've already decided you won't oppose the takeover and that all it takes is declaring "Yay! Gay rights mater" and your conscience will be clear.
Because I agree that nefarious people shouldn't own football clubs and that the Owners & Directors test should go further than simply whether or not someone has been convicted of crime and has the money.

I also live in the world that exists where those things aren't the status quo. Any opposition of mine would be irrelevant as we have zero say in who owns our football club. Zero. If we did have a say, don't you think we'd have ousted Ashley by now?

I do wish you wouldn't misrepresent my position though.

Because I agree that nefarious people shouldn't own football clubs and that the Owners & Directors test should go further than simply whether or not someone has been convicted of crime and has the money.

I also live in the world that exists where those things aren't the status quo. Any opposition of mine would be irrelevant as we have zero say in who owns our football club. Zero. If we did have a say, don't you think we'd have ousted Ashley by now?

I do wish you wouldn't misrepresent my position though.

Absolute cop out. If your concerns were genuine you'd opt to have no part in it.

What have you willfully misunderstood now?

Absolutely nothing.

Your position on this (and the token condemnations you make throughout this thread) is an "embarrassment" to anyone with any genuine conviction over the matter.

Your lot were only too happy to champion the "WE are the club" partyline in order to hound Ashley out, but suddenly you're all meekly shrinking into the self-serving comfort of the "we fans are just powerless individuals" standpoint.

Still, jigging about to Abba in Brighton next summer should be a lot of fun for you; whilst cleansing your conscience t'boot. Win/win. :)

Back
Top Bottom