Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So Dele has 8 goals and 4 assists in 22 EPL apps this season but if you read this thread he has been garbage.

This guy is supposed to be worth £130 mill:

Spanish winger Adama Traore. has been in superb form for Wolves this season with six goals and 12 assists in 43 appearances across all competitions.

So Dele has 8 goals and 4 assists in 22 EPL apps this season but if you read this thread he has been garbage.

Spanish winger Adama Traore. has been in superb form for Wolves this season with six goals and 12 assists in 43 appearances across all competitions.

So Dele has had a good season then has he?

Dele Alli is the joint top scoring midfielder this season in the Premier League alongside Kevin De Bruyne with 8 league goals.
8 goals and 4 assists in 22 EPL apps

Kevin Nolan used to record similar stats dele must be as good as Kevin Nolan then

I meant single season stats which Nolan had plenty similar to alli's this season
Ah right, so you're using specific samples from a broader data set to generalise and compare. Instead of using all the data and the actual averages.

Did you mean to say that Kevin Nolan once had a good season for his standards that compares well to one of Dele Alli's below standard seasons? And that this proves that Alli is probably better than Nolan, by a lot?

Disclaimer: did not check the data myself, just trying to follow the reasoning.

Ah right, so you're using specific samples from a broader data set to generalise and compare. Instead of using all the data and the actual averages.

Did you mean to say that Kevin Nolan once had a good season for his standards that compares well to one of Dele Alli's below standard seasons? And that this proves that Alli is probably better than Nolan, by a lot?

Disclaimer: did not check the data myself, just trying to follow the reasoning.
My point is he should be compared and likened more towards Kevin Nolan type players because that is the standard of player alli is. His career is all downhill now

Dele Alli is the joint top scoring midfielder this season in the Premier League alongside Kevin De Bruyne with 8 league goals.
8 goals and 4 assists in 22 EPL apps

Nobody is disputing the stats as they are fact. However do you feel yourself that he has played well this season? I think there have been more games this season where he has been more of the focus of attack because of Kane’s injury and Son missing games through suspension and there being a lack of attacking options following the release of Llorente. It therefore feels to me that he has seen more of the ball this year and not done a lot with it. Don’t forget he scored 18 league goals in 16/17 as a 20 year old and he certainly doesn’t appear to have progressed

He's gotten his head down and done a job for us during a tough time and not complained. While doing this he's amassed stats that are superior to the league's best. But yeah, he's fucking shit.

He's gotten his head down and done a job for us during a tough time and not complained. While doing this he's amassed stats that are superior to the league's best. But yeah, he's fucking shit.
I saw lots and lots of complaining and tantrums in the tough time. I also saw lots of ridiculous flicks that never come off,simple passes not made and countless promising moves broken down because of his shit play. That's ok though because his stats are good

I saw lots and lots of complaining and tantrums in the tough time. I also saw lots of ridiculous flicks that never come off,simple passes not made and countless promising moves broken down because of his shit play. That's ok though because his stats are good
How did you feel in the past when you saw the likes of Hoddle, Ginola and Gazza waltzing past a couple of players before being tackled, or before knocking a cross over the striker for a throw in? Did you boo? Did you tell your mates they were no better than a Bolton player?

And to be very very clear, I am not comparing Dele to any of those players. That would be mental. Not as mental as comparing him to Kevin fucking Nolan, but still mental.

How did you feel in the past when you saw the likes of Hoddle, Ginola and Gazza waltzing past a couple of players before being tackled, or before knocking a cross over the striker for a throw in? Did you boo? Did you tell your mates they were no better than a Bolton player?

And to be very very clear, I am not comparing Dele to any of those players. That would be mental. Not as mental as comparing him to Kevin fucking Nolan, but still mental.
You named 3 legends there I'm talking about dele fucking alli who isn't even in their league. Who has been sussed out and is living off his hype. Who never stepped up consistently when he was needed this season and who is closer to a Kevin Nolan standard player then the players you just mentioned

You named 3 legends there I'm talking about dele fucking alli who isn't even in their league. Who has been sussed out and is living off his hype. Who never stepped up consistently when he was needed this season and who is closer to a Kevin Nolan standard player then the players you just mentioned
Dele isn’t in their league? If only I’d said in my post that I wasn’t comparing him with them. A missed opportunity for me there.....

Back
Top Bottom